Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
It's a nice inversion of the "drive me closer I want to hit them with my sword" meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

thin blue whine posted:

This model loving owns

Mork likes this. Gork doesn't care

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Well I believe that Gork likes this and Mork doesn't care!

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
I think you two should have a fight over it. They'd both approve surely.

naem
May 29, 2011

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
That one's really well done.

It also occurs that the Primaris Marines are all the excuse GW needs to do female Space Marines now. Cawl worked it out, shut up and buy models.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

thin blue whine posted:

Are there any other instances of Games WOKEshop doing more lore reveals or retcons on things like what's happened with the Custodes?

Is any of the fact that they're non-binary explicitly in the lore, or is it discussed ever or is it just only mentioned in how Orkz reproduced and biology in like the codex or something?

e: grammar

I mean the Horus Heresy - the foundational part of the backstory - was a retcon created becuase they could only afford moulds for a single faction for the first edition of Adeptus Titanicus. There's no mention of Chaos in Rogue Trader. Or Tyranids - I believe Genestealers were, but they were, you guessed it, retconned into being Tyranids. IIRC the inital references to the Custodes themselves didn't actually specify they had to be one gender - when they were writing them in the Horus Heresy novels, the authors discussed it and were planning on having female Custodes since there was nothing in the lore at that time preventing it, but were overruled by a higher up* because the models were all male, despite the fact that there were enough face-obscuring helmets to go around for the kits and they could have just sold optional female bare heads later down the line, like they did for the early Stormcast Eternal range. So the Custodes being all men is itself a retcon.

*Almost certainly Tony Cottrell, who's made racist and sexist comments in the past and GW has quietly stuffed in a closet somewhere (I don't know why he's not been fired - he's been there since the Rogue Trader days so maybe it's a contractual thing?) who I'm sure has opinions about the Custodes retcon to the retcon.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CapnAndy posted:

That one's really well done.

It also occurs that the Primaris Marines are all the excuse GW needs to do female Space Marines now. Cawl worked it out, shut up and buy models.

That one’s not a female Space Marine, that’s Sisters of Battle Armor. They just altered the backpack so it has projected vents similar to the Anvilus pattern backpacks that are traditionally worn by Chaos Space Marines.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Gripweed posted:

That one’s not a female Space Marine, that’s Sisters of Battle Armor. They just altered the backpack so it has projected vents similar to the Anvilus pattern backpacks that are traditionally worn by Chaos Space Marines.

Yeah you can tell because of the big titties plate

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Smugworth posted:

yup. need to have the breast and prefeably nipples represented on the armour. else how would i know theyre girlmarines

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

They aren't marines they're sisters of battle!!!!!!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Gripweed posted:

I was reacting more to the female Space Wolf picture with that thought. I just really liked the creepy chaos one as a drawing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Smugworth posted:

Most art of female Space Marines incorporates a more shapely chest plate to some degree, so that wasn’t the giveaway. I was going off the shape of the pauldrons, the gorget, the tubes, and especially the sleeves. No Astartes armor I’ve ever seen has sleeves like that, those are pure SoB.

Saalkin posted:

They aren't marines they're sisters of battle!!!!!!

The three pieces of art naem posted were a Tzeentchian Sister of Battle(non-canon), a female Custodian(canon), and a gender-swapped Leman Russ(sadly non-canon). So none of them were actually Space Marines.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CapnAndy posted:

I was reacting more to the female Space Wolf picture with that thought. I just really liked the creepy chaos one as a drawing.

That’s not a Space Wolf, that’s specifically Leman Russ. that artist has done a ton of art of gender-swapped Primarchs.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Gripweed posted:

The three pieces of art naem posted were a Tzeentchian Sister of Battle(non-canon), a female Custodian(canon), and a gender-swapped Leman Russ(sadly non-canon). So none of them were actually Space Marines.

? You must be mistaken bud

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saalkin posted:

yup. they were all girlmarines

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Hey my eyes are up here... And I guess down there and over here too.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

thin blue whine posted:

This model loving owns

:emptyquote:

Also, I've been re-listening to Da Big Dakka, and it's got some great puns. What do you call the helper Grots of an Ork Painboss?

Dis-orderlies.

Warden fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 19, 2024

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
why do eldar have tit plates

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

On that note why do the lady eldar have naval plates

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
because they were created by the old ones to battle the necrons

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

big space marine wife big life

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Third World Reagan posted:

They literally decadent-ed themselves into birthing the Chaos God of Hedonism and they have not taken it well, as a society

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

It is canon that male Eldar who join the howling banshee aspect shrine also wear the titty plate.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
yes

but why do eldar have titty plates

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
most of their models are like decades old, gw were that way. they still kinda are that way, tbh. just because the banshees got the one new model doesn't mean they change much

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

yes

Because they got big fat Eldar titties duh

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
because they were created by space turtles to fight space terminators

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

yes

Smugworth posted:

Orkz should be boys and eldar should be girls

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Because they dipshit space elves.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Saalkin posted:

here's some more of that artist's gender-swapped Primarchs

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

why so anime

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Smugworth posted:

why so anime

There are other artists working in the field of gender-swapped Primarchs but I don’t think you’d be any happier with their work.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I got news for you about what like 90% of artists on the internet got their start with.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

anime is bad

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I think they're pretty good

it's not easy to make gender-swaps that recognizable with only a headshot, and the second one is a nice rendition of a genuinely sweet moment in the backstory, so there.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Smugworth posted:

why so anime

Because WH40K is British anime.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

40K anime could be neat if they did it in that 80's/90's high-detail space opera style.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
The Frateris Templar who were banned because the Ecclesiarchy did a thing, getting us the Sisters due to the wording loophole, were shirtless tattooed Sardaukar.

quote:

Initially, the equipment of the Frateris Templars seemed to resemble that of the Imperial Guard. Frateris Templars soldiers were equipped with Carapace Armour and gold-plated Lasguns with crackling Power Bayonets.[2b]

However, during the Age of Apostasy, the Templars had become fierce warrior-zealots. Each had been stripped of their humanity and personality and rebuilt entirely on the basis of the Imperial Creed, with the sole purpose of sacrificing themselves for the God-Emperor. Their muscular bodies were often covered with intricate ritual scars and religious tattoos, signifying their undying devotion to Master of Mankind.[3]

They fought with their torsos bare, covering their lower bodies with white half-robes laced with gold. Each Templar was protected by a shimmering energy shield generated by a spinal implant, and armed with high-cadence Lasblasters and gold-hilted swords with blades of pure Hematite. In combat, their shields protected them well from all forms of gunfire, but if an enemy managed to penetrate their protective bubble, they were forced to depend on their speed and skill in melee combat.[3]

Whenever someone mad about girls in their spaceman setting goes 'well why are there no Brothers of Battle???' I'm gonna go, yes, actually, bring this back.

Unrelatedly I made this spaceship for an RPG thing.

Elukka fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

40K anime could be neat if they did it in that 80's/90's high-detail space opera style.

this. of course fan art types gonna do that simple kinda internet anime style, that their thing.
Only art style that rubs me the wrong way with Warhammer stuff is generic mobile game style