Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

The Lakers and Denver? :confused:

Every city west of the Mississippi, that is not LA, is natural rivals with LA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

The Lakers and Denver? :confused:

I get they met in the playoffs a lot but there needs to be at least a couple series wins on each side (preferably with at least one upset) for it to be a rivalry instead of just a mostly one-way thing.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Harlock posted:

There's never been more of a try hard coach I root to fail more than this guy

https://twitter.com/NoaDalzellNBA/status/1781316871255363747?s=19

please do not be mean to what is obviously an autistic man

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

please do not be mean to what is obviously an autistic man

where was this grace for fred hoiberg

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Coban
Highlights. Self-adherent elastic wrap provides a reliable hold, maintains mild compression* and can be used for strain and sprain support and secure ...

They named this kid after a sort of tape used to hold medical gauze after skin grafts and stuff

what the gently caress

Cóban is a city in Guatemala but he doesn't appear to have Guatemalteco heritage

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

I get they met in the playoffs a lot but there needs to be at least a couple series wins on each side (preferably with at least one upset) for it to be a rivalry instead of just a mostly one-way thing.

Yeah good call, the Nuggets are going to need several more series wins for this to be a rivalry.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Nuggets fans treat LA as a rivalry but until recently it’s been… what meme would the kids use. Maybe the “I don’t think of you at all” one.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/SBN_Ricky/status/1781489324267122994

Edit: lmao

https://x.com/galacticdad/status/1781355115913396520

Dexo fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 20, 2024

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

embarrassing chump loss. nothing will change. see you in the play-in next year.

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Holy poo poo! Justice Winslow spotted.

I remember when people thought he was going to be a useful defensive rotation guy.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

A Perfect Twist posted:

I remember when people thought he was going to be a useful defensive rotation guy.

i remember when he was a valuable piece of a "godfather" offer for some superstar that didn't happen and that i don't remember anymore

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

A Perfect Twist posted:

i thought he'd be a decent nba player solely based on watching his run for duke in 2015. i called jahlil okafor being a bust based on that same run too. so you know win some, lose some.

i dont think ive seen an entire ncaa basketball game since

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Winslow was just decimated by injury more than anything…

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Kibner posted:

i remember when he was a valuable piece of a "godfather" offer for some superstar that didn't happen and that i don't remember anymore

Supposedly the Celtics tried to trade four first-round picks for the right to pick him from Charlotte, and the Bobcats turned down the offer to instead draft Frank Kaminsky

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Ammanas posted:

i thought he'd be a decent nba player solely based on watching his run for duke in 2015. i called jahlil okafor being a bust based on that same run too. so you know win some, lose some.

I remember him being occasionally okay as a defense focused guy because his offense was rancid. Then he faded after an injury, I think? It's been a long time.

I believe this was on the Whiteside (?) Heat where everyone was looking for the next Dwayne Wade cause no way was Whiteside going to lead a playoff squad.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

morestuff posted:

Supposedly the Celtics tried to trade four first-round picks for the right to pick him from Charlotte, and the Bobcats turned down the offer to instead draft Frank Kaminsky

Ahh, that was it! Thanks!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Wonder if trae has anyone in particular in mind he could be number 2 to

https://twitter.com/BTRowland/status/1781318206457512443

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 20, 2024

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
"feels" like the pelicans should have a bigger lead.

Not the gdt

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Yeah I think he's not lying.

His style of play is really team friendly offensively. He generally wants to pass and create offensively à

His problem is just that like unless he is operating at like 105% offensively he is utterly unplayable defensively.

Edit:

https://x.com/Bulls_Jay/status/1781525488730509630

I've always been a fan of Trae Young actually :suicide:

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 20, 2024

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
You can always hide bad PGs. They'll hurt your defense but bad PG defense shouldn't sink you. On a decent team with a bought-in defensive plan you can still have a decent-to-good defense with Trae.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

You can always hide bad PGs. They'll hurt your defense but bad PG defense shouldn't sink you. On a decent team with a bought-in defensive plan you can still have a decent-to-good defense with Trae.

as long as he can slow down guys and not get routinely beat on backdoor cuts.

which he doesn't. which is why he is so bad defensively, even compared to other star guards.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bulls aren't going to make a bold move, they are going to re-sign demar and their big free agent will be javonte.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
11 for 41

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Bye Kings. I expect you to run it back next season so I'm looking forward to saving plenty of time and money not watching you spend a season working your hardest to miss the playoffs again.

knucklehead
Apr 29, 2004

concentrated and crosseyed a dangerous combination

Dexo posted:

Honestly respect, the not using revolving doors thing is weird, but I too always know the exits of whatever room I'm in, and think cartoons are useful for teaching lessons.

Like how you should never trust cartoon mice.

Showing love for this post.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Freeman-Libery is some Enes Kanter rear end surname

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

Yeah I think he's not lying.

His style of play is really team friendly offensively. He generally wants to pass and create offensively à

His problem is just that like unless he is operating at like 105% offensively he is utterly unplayable defensively.

Edit:

https://x.com/Bulls_Jay/status/1781525488730509630

I've always been a fan of Trae Young actually :suicide:

This is a small point but Lonzo was extremely not the #3 overall pick.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

Along with the reasons Kibner said, rotations are also very important and if a guy can't rotate right he can't be hidden. Atlanta has a couple guys who can't rotate to save their life and even with some decent defenders in the paint, they don't have a chance.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Psh. Only five?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This is a small point but Lonzo was extremely not the #3 overall pick.

Feel like they confused Lonzo for LaMelo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Or a typo or just a mistake

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Up Circle posted:

What’s his problem with revolving doors?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zs61pakiIY&t=25s

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Freaking Miami.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

Agree - this is more of a LeBronto situation than a rivalry

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
@Rick

https://x.com/Flaujae/status/1781559633242460671

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
gently caress, I wish I was there

https://x.com/ShariefWDSU/status/1781530275685556263

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Would Young accept being used like Jamal Crawford and coming off the bench?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Rick posted:

Along with the reasons Kibner said, rotations are also very important and if a guy can't rotate right he can't be hidden. Atlanta has a couple guys who can't rotate to save their life and even with some decent defenders in the paint, they don't have a chance.

I think Trae hurts Atlanta for the reasons you say, but I didn't think it's inevitable that Trae would hurt more than his offense helps if you have a reasonable defensive scheme that players are bought into and his defensive personnel to help hide him. At the beginning of the season people were saying the exact same things about Dame, how your defense will always be bad with him. Doc came in and while he did screw a bunch up he did help fix the defense and the Bucks were top tenish since the all star break. Yeah Dame was a drag somewhat but they did plenty good enough, that side of the ball was fine. Doc couldn't figure out a bunch of other stuff but he showed that defense didn't need to be the problem.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Would Young accept being used like Jamal Crawford and coming off the bench?

No, and I think he's a lot better than Jamal Crawford was. Is a waste to have a guy like Trae who can get people the ball like he can and not play him with starters.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Up Circle posted:

What’s his problem with revolving doors?

They are too energy efficient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Don’t the Hawks have a bunch of allegedly good defenders like Murray, Hunter, Capela, etc.?