Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kru
Oct 5, 2003

gay picnic defence posted:

The obsessions are weird. Is it a symptom of some sort of mental disorder?

Yes its terminal donkey brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Potato Salad posted:

Tesla owners really telling on themselves when they think that this is extreme or something

utter disconnect from reality

Lol @ being amazed that your $100k "offroad truck" can navigate a feature a 2wd 30 year old Japanese light truck can do easier and faster

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
My Honda Jazz (Fit) could do that and probably a lot faster.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kru posted:

Yes its terminal donkey brains

this is rude to donkeys and donkey type creatures

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

These tweets are more offensive than the pussy in bio ones.

https://twitter.com/teslaownersSV/status/1781497152088478017

Just utterly indistinguishable from parody. I feel like I'm going insane

Like this video that Donut Media just put out about the cybertruck where they also claim to be 'offroading' when they are literally just driving on gravel/dirt roads. Being generous I guess you could argue they got too low on battery before getting to the REAL offroad stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7puuz6aYHdA

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Do they pay someone to drive a real car slowly in front of them to make the crybertruck look less poo poo?

The car in front had to stop and wait. Also "you need to go around" is pretty lol

Squibbles posted:

Just utterly indistinguishable from parody. I feel like I'm going insane

Like this video that Donut Media just put out about the cybertruck where they also claim to be 'offroading' when they are literally just driving on gravel/dirt roads. Being generous I guess you could argue they got too low on battery before getting to the REAL offroad stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7puuz6aYHdA

I normally like Donut media, but is this another fawning video?

"Oh wow this is really great" (Does things that all other vehicles can do)

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
https://reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/tesla-semi-trucks-short-supply-pepsico-its-rivals-use-competing-ev-big-rigs-2024-04-19/

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Anders posted:

The car in front had to stop and wait. Also "you need to go around" is pretty lol

Half their poo poo is advertising and fawning to get people to let them try their expensive toys. Can bet that they got that as a loaner and it came with caveats to boast to the moon. Already on thin ice after that whole destroyed a luxury 4x4 camper and trapped it on a hill, while also showing how much it was an overpriced dangerous piece of poo poo

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Anders posted:

Yeah it was pretty disappointing compared to most of their videos.

Also weirdly they were using one that was souped up somehow, with bigger tires and such. I wouldn't be surprised if that messed with the range calculations on top of everything else. It did come across like they didn't want to say anything bad about it so mostly their only complaint was about range. Maybe they didn't want to annoy whoever lent them the truck

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Anders posted:

The comments make it seem like it's a joke because the garbomobile did so badly.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

for goodness sakes that Donut video could only be more critical of the Cybertruck if they turned directly to the camera and said “We do not like this truck”; it’s not fawning at all

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

Lol @ being amazed that your $100k "offroad truck" can navigate a feature a 2wd 30 year old Japanese light truck can do easier and faster

That is like the 400m stretch of road up to my house, but with less bumps, and any car - from Kia Picanto to old Mazda 626 - we’ve ever owned handled it just fine. This is so stupid I almost have no words for it other than lol and rflmao

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Waffles Inc. posted:

for goodness sakes that Donut video could only be more critical of the Cybertruck if they turned directly to the camera and said “We do not like this truck”; it’s not fawning at all

Then I'll give it a watch

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

kazil posted:

Now they are feuding with Australia

These "certain posts" for which X Corp. wants to refuse a takedown order might be ones in which a Jewish student was falsely accused by neo-Nazis and conspiracy theorists of being the attacker.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Bondi_Junction_stabbings#Misinformation

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I have a twitter account. It was blocked for the longest time and I could never figure out why. I could read twitter, but not post or even access my account.

But it started working a couple weeks ago. Since then, I've posted "cis" "cis men" "cismen" "cis women" and all the combinations I can think of, just to see how this works.

But nothing has gotten pinged by the system yet. I wonder if it's only in replies to one of Elon's special boys?

Quoting myself here because I tested the idea and it worked. You only get pinged if you use cis when replying.

This means you can call Musk anything you want, as long as it's a post and not a reply. I now intend to use this knowledge to finally get my old account fully banned.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

That's probably no one will see your post cause you're shadowbanned and tweeting into the literal void despite tagging or using @Elon

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

These tweets are more offensive than the pussy in bio ones.

https://twitter.com/teslaownersSV/status/1781497152088478017

Aight

So I rode my bicycle today, and I was what you may call "underbiked" in so far as I was taking my little cruiser on some fairly broken bitumen, inch high water, chunky gravel. Not far off what the video showed, Not insurmountable, just required a slow thoughtfull approach

Taking it slow and taking strategic pathing to avoid the worst of it. I feel this is fairly easy to imagine...

I am getting incredibly similar vibes from this video, like the driver is enthusiastic that the truck survived that uneven terrain. Not conquering it , surviving it

That's not an off-road vehicle, that's just unsuitable

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Quarterly earnings call is this Tuesday

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

* estimated gas savings of $80,000

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

shyduck posted:

Quarterly earnings call is this Tuesday

love to have my purchase price include theoretical savings from other transactions built in

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

gschmidl posted:

* estimated gas savings of $80,000

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Twitter, famously purchased by Elon Musk for $69,420

(After estimated earnings once advertisers come back)

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Should include more estimated savings for not being able needing to wash it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Starts at $0 after factoring in Teslas are appreciating assets and function as a robotaxi as you sleep

shyduck fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 20, 2024

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Estimated lifetime cost of Tesla Model S is -$8,000,000

after factoring in automated taxi fares it will collect once regulators allow FSD to Uber

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Do they pay someone to drive a real car slowly in front of them to make the crybertruck look less poo poo?

Someone has to have told these guys that off roading means driving where there are no roads by now, right?

I'm dumbfounded by these videos of lovely trucks slowly and carefully navigating dirt and gravel roads identical to the ones in the small town I grew up in and people regularly drive economy sedans on at normal speeds.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What's the cost after including the earnings from using your Tesla in the autonomous decentralized taxi fleet?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Couldn't the Donut media people have charged at the ghost town with a 110 plug? Do Teslas have that capability?

What about packing a solar panel for trickle charging while they're camped?

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Trickle charging it basically is like 1% over a day I think. drat think holds a shitload of power and most solar panels that could be easily taken for camping make like a hundred watts or so an hour I think.

It's one reason that joke gif of the cybershiy backing up and having solar panels deploy was even more hilarious, because it would theoretically charge 3 percent at best in a work day

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

The X-man cometh posted:

Couldn't the Donut media people have charged at the ghost town with a 110 plug? Do Teslas have that capability?

What about packing a solar panel for trickle charging while they're camped?

Yes generally you camp during the day so you can do ultra safe off roading at night.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Just swap out the solar panels for lunar panels at night

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Willatron posted:

Someone has to have told these guys that off roading means driving where there are no roads by now, right?

I'm dumbfounded by these videos of lovely trucks slowly and carefully navigating dirt and gravel roads identical to the ones in the small town I grew up in and people regularly drive economy sedans on at normal speeds.

It's driving me a little insane. My ancient babysitter had worse roads leading up to her farmhouse when I was a kid.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This genre of off-roading videos set entirely on roads is so loving funny

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Use sisgender for elon instead of cis and see if it gets past. Also itll make him madder

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Ehud posted:

lol I can't stop watching cybertruck "off-roading" videos

https://x.com/teslaownersSV/status/1781180362129052020

it's a smooth dirt road

in rural parts here, people drive any old car on roads like that all the loving time loool

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

Willatron posted:

that account should be banned for engagement farming the comments are just dunking on it. elon do the needful

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
*driving cybertruck at 10mph to allotted site:*

LOOKIE MAW, WE'S AWFF-ROADIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUUUUH-ZINGA!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

crispix fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 20, 2024

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Every single viewer has to think “what I’m seeing is not a road” to come away with a positive impression. It’s like some psyche experiment.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
they think the absence of tarmac means it's not a road

because they are fuckin morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i just...do not understand these cybertruck "off-roading" posts on a fundamental level.

like, i had to drive my lowered mr2 down unmaintained forest service roads in rural oregon as part of my job, and that tiny rwd car (usually) did fine on them. have these people just literally never in their entire lives seen a dirt road? do they think you need an awd truck to drive on them? i know most tesla fans are sheltered idiots and all but just, what the gently caress man, i feel like i am going crazy seeing this poo poo.