Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am out and about now but can check intermittently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

hambeet posted:

Post how you want to post, but you can’t get hung up on people picking at your word choices in a text based social game of deduction.

I meant it when I said he's scum and you are scum defending him

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I propose someone vig Keats tonight.

For science.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

And quite rumbled that I won't reveal how I knew

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Johnny Keats posted:

I meant it when I said he's scum and you are scum defending him

Oh Keats mega rumbled.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Johnny Keats posted:

I propose we don't let the day event trigger because it can only possibly give scum a boon

How so?

If both are town scum get a bonus but we also confirm Stalin. I’m cool with that

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Voodoofly posted:

How so?

If both are town scum get a bonus but we also confirm Stalin. I’m cool with that

We have already confirmed Stalin tho via the behavior of the group

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

How so?

hambeet posted:

Hand wringing over the Josef vote plan not working sure isn’t what scum would try at this point no siree!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Voodoofly posted:

How so?

You have way more faith in group behaviour than I do

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

hambeet posted:

Hand wringing over the Josef vote plan not working sure isn’t what scum would try at this point no siree!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wasn’t this whole things Keats’ idea in the first place?

Lmao

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If I had a vig I would shoot all of you

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

hambeet posted:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

JosefStalinator posted:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

JosefStalinator posted:

I tried

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Johnny Keats posted:

Lol. Lmao

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I was literally about to say that

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Johnny Keats posted:

my feeling is that josef is probably town or there would have been more resistance to this plan (which was mine originally) - you & me are the only ones now second-guessing it. but it doesn't seem like anyone is willing to switch to fos so should i just switch to monathin to get the day over with

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And I truly appreciate that.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I forgot josev on my town list.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

You have way more faith in group behaviour than I do

Hi ren

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Reminder that we are completely capable of eliminating keats

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Monathin (9): JosefStalinator, fool of sound, Illusionis, Monathin, Your Personal Muse, Monathin, JosefStalinator, hambeet, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, Illusionis, hambeet, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, fool of sound, PhantomMuzzles, Jose Valasquez, Voodoofly, sharkmafia, Tom Tucker, saladscooper, yuming, yuming, Jose Valasquez, JosefStalinator, zzyzx, yuming
JosefStalinator (8): saladscooper, saladscooper, Tom Tucker, Illusionis, hambeet, yuming, Illusionis, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats, Opopanax, saladscooper, Jose Valasquez, yuming, saladscooper, Jose Valasquez, Tom Tucker, Monathin, Jose Valasquez, fool of sound, b-minus1, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats, Anonymous, Anonymous
fool of sound (4): Dominoes, Dominoes, Monathin, lih, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, saladscooper, Dominoes, yuming, Monathin, saladscooper, yuming, Illusionis, Johnny Keats
Voodoofly (1): Token Female
Illusionis (0): b-minus1, b-minus1, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator
Your Personal Muse (0): Dominoes, fool of sound, Illusionis, saladscooper, Johnny Keats, saladscooper, Johnny Keats, Opopanax, Opopanax, Illusionis, fool of sound, Dominoes
Opopanax (0): fool of sound, fool of sound
Johnny Keats (0): sharkmafia, sharkmafia, sharkmafia, sharkmafia
hambeet (0): Monathin, Monathin
lih (0): saladscooper, saladscooper
Token Female (0): Voodoofly, yuming, b-minus1, yuming, yuming, yuming, sharkmafia, sharkmafia, Voodoofly, b-minus1
Dominoes (0): zzyzx, zzyzx
zzyzx (0): lih, Dominoes, saladscooper, yuming, Johnny Keats, yuming, Johnny Keats, saladscooper, lih, Dominoes, yuming, yuming, yuming, yuming, yuming, yuming
sharkmafia (0): Illusionis, Illusionis

Not Voting (0):

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 18th, 2024 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 31 minutes.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I’ve been at a work conference. Did anyone in the past 700 posts use my vig?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

lih posted:

my feeling is that josef is probably town or there would have been more resistance to this plan (which was mine originally) - you & me are the only ones now second-guessing it. but it doesn't seem like anyone is willing to switch to fos so should i just switch to monathin to get the day over with

Yes

lih
May 15, 2013

Dans Macabre posted:

we already established that hal got it via the lightning rod, remember, so no one has it

who would you vote for if you could vote?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Dans Macabre posted:

Go ahead and read the mod post about the night kills

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
##vote fos for now I guess

lih
May 15, 2013

##vote monathin

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

That's -1 for Mona and josef is at 8, but 10 would be safer since we don't know how hated works with the investigation thing

lih
May 15, 2013

if hated doesn't count as votes that would be absurd and near-impossible to coordinate. votefinder says josef has 8 votes

lih
May 15, 2013

someone just get this over with

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

##vote: Mona

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: "For twelve years you have been asking, who is Monathin? This is--" gunshots

Votecount for Day 2
With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 18th, 2024 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 1 minute.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Read some ISOs, still mostly vibes, but I'm soft leaning town on TF and Binus. Leaning scum on FoS and Voodoo and no real idea on Keats, could go either way.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

There’s time lih.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
"This was a really emotional day for the contestants, but they made a decision in the end!"

Monathin - horror movie slasher villain/serial killer type who is on day 80 of no-murder rehab and desperately does not want to lose their chit - Town aligned was executed on day 2!

You are a horror movie slasher villain/serial killer type who is on day 80 of no-murder rehab and desperately does not want to lose their chit.

Dimension - Pop Culture H3
Designation - Theoretical Movie Killer
Alignment - town (Special alternate SK)
Abilities - Slow and methodical, No more killing, Lose your chit

Slow and methodical - Your stalking abilities can come in handy, even if youo aren't killing any more! You may choose a player in the game at night, that player will be protected from any kills as you show up right where you need to be no matter how slow you were walking. However, the kill will land on you instead, don't worry though, your nearly indestructible body that comes back to life over and over can take it, you have 3 shots of BP to compensate.

No More Killing - You've made it to 80 days and earned your killing sobriety 2 month chit and are just 10 days away from your 3 month chit. You better not kill anymore if you wanna keep it, don't wanna disappoint your sponsor after all. You don't wanna be hanging out with killers so you can target two players at night, you will be told if either of them can perform a killing action. You will receive results of ""None"" ,""Both"" ,or ""One""

Lose your Chit - If you are directly (This will not be activated by indirect kills, only kills directly targeting YOU) targeted by a kill at night you can't help it and will kill your attacker. Once you do this you will lose your sobriety chit and become a serial killer again, your win condition will change to ""You win when you are the last living player"" To facilitate this you will get your choice of the following:

Slasher movie villain - You get a kill at night
Evil mastermind movie villain - You get a poison kill at night
Pyro movie villain - You can target a player at night to douse, You can alternately ignite killing all doused players. You can have a maximum of 5 doused players before HAVING to ignite.

Once your choice is made you cannot choose any others and are stuck with it.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated

It is now night 2!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
"Another bloodbath! What a season! This has been one hell of a show!"

Token Female - construction on the George Washington Memorial Parkway - Town aligned was found with a knife in her back and cuts up and down her arms on night 2!

You are construction on the George Washington Memorial Parkway

Dimension - Labor W4
Designation - construction project
Alignment - town
Abilities - Not going away anytime soon, Traffic Jam, Road Rage

Not going away anytime soon - You have 2 shots of deathproof

Traffic Jam - target two other players at night, the actions targeting one player target the other instead and vice versa.

Road Rage - target another player at night, that player gets so mad they get out of their car and start yelling, however, the car they are yelling at contains retired mma fighter Chuck Liddell and he gets out of the car and chokes the player out jailing them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuming - Poppy troll - Town Aligned was found partially eaten by a bear on night 2!

You are Poppy troll

Dimension - Pop Culture M1
Designation - Fictional Character
Alignment - town
Abilities - The Snack Pack, Optimistic, Happy

The Snack Pack - You have a night 0 phase, during this phase choose 5 other players in the game. They will join an unconfirmed masonry with you.

Optimistic - You can't help but have a positive outlook, you know, because you're a troll and thats kind of their thing. ☀️ You may target another player at night to cheer them up, if that player has any number of ""Hated"" it will be reduced by one, (or removed if there's only one stack)

Happy - Once during the game at night you can sing and dance, this will raise any ""Loved"" player's number of stacks by one including your own, in addition, you naturally have Loved 1 meaning it requires one more vote to execute you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hambeet - That awkward look on your face where you are trying to find the words to gently tell your friend that the beer they've not shut the gently caress up about for weeks now, and have been harassing you to try all that time, tastes like poo poo - Town aligned was found digested by stomach acids on night 2!

You are That awkward look on your face where you are trying to find the words to gently tell your friend that the beer they've not shut the gently caress up about for weeks now, and have been harassing you to try all that time, tastes like poo poo

Dimension - Other S2
Designation - Abstract concept
Alignment - town
Abilities - This beer is poo poo, Oh yeah very good thanks, Not for me mate.

This beer is poo poo - You could always just go the aggressive route and straight up tell them the beer is poo poo, while this might hurt their feelings but it'll get the job done. once during the game at night you may target another player, you will hurt their feelings and will roleblock them.

Oh yeah, very good, thanks - If you're feeling like you don't want to hurt your buddies feelings you can say its good and make them happy and move on, but then it'll always creep up, the freind will always be there offering you poo poo beer. Target a player at night, that player will be invited to an unconfirmed masonry with you.

Not for me mate - You could always try to gently let them down, you know, ease into it, not for me mate, I like pilsners (or whatever isn't this beer) I mean yeah they might be a little sad you don't like the beer, but you're doing it easy and their feelings will ultimately be protected. Target another player at night, that player will be protected from kills.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saladscooper - the last square of ritter sport milk chocolate i am staring down, preparing to eat atm - Town aligned was found crushed by a meteor on night 2!

You are the last square of ritter sport milk chocolate i am staring down, preparing to eat atm

Dimension - Culinary O2
Designation - Food Item
Alignment - town
Abilities - Delicious, Square, Made of Chocolate

Delicious - Chocolate is delicious. You may target another player at night to visit them, The player will receive whatever you type as a message to them, there will be no additional wording involved, i will just copy and paste whatever you type me into their night results.

Square - You are a square shape and are very convenient to eat and share. You may target two players at night, you will be told if those players share a win condition. You will only ever receive ""Yes"" or ""No"" with no clarifications.

Made of Chocolate - You are made of chocolate. Any time another player targets you with an action at night there is a 30% chance they will reconsider and eat chocolate instead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fool of sound - Lord Havelock Vetinari of Anhk-Morpork - SCUM aligned was found blasted by an arquebus on night 2!

You are Lord Havelock Vetinari of Anhk-Morpork

Dimension - Pop Culture B5
Designation - Literary Character
Alignment - scum
Abilities - Machiavellian influence, Ex Assassin, Status Quo

Machiavellian Influence - Your character is inspred very clearly from noted cunning dickhead I mean ""Philosopher"" Niccolo Machiavelli. You may target two players at night, those players will receive the other players action results and vice versa for that night.

Ex Assassin - You were a very good assassin before you became the Ruler of Ankh-Morpork. You can manifest this in these two ways.

At night, once during the game, you can perform an assassin kill (Ignores any protects/jails and ignores roleblocks. You can still be seen by tracks and watches)

At night once during the game you can choose to hide, you cannot be targeted that night, anyone trying will fail.

Status Quo - What people wish for, more than anything, is for things to stay the same. Once during the game at night you can ##status Quo this instantly ends the night and all actions fail, no matter what the action is. This ability supercedes all other abilities regardless of what they say. You don't count as visiting anyone and nothing can stop it. As soon as you use this ability I will open the next day with no kill or actions resolving."

You are scum aligned and win when scum control the vote.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is now day 3!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (14): b-minus1, Dominoes, Illusionis, Johnny Keats, Jose Valasquez, JosefStalinator, lih, Opopanax, PhantomMuzzles, sharkmafia, Tom Tucker, Voodoofly, Your Personal Muse, zzyzx

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 22nd, 2024 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Now that we've put the early game formalities behind us, I propose we take a baddie out to lunch.

##vote: zzyzx