Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Third World Reagan posted:

yes

but why do eldar have titty plates

i'll always remember in the dawn of war game one of the ork units saying "it's just the eldar, send half the boyz home" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Is this still canon?

https://youtu.be/1ERmUzs1O5E?si=A31F18rgn5nIGQfl

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only thing still canon is that is how you must pronounce the word Dreadnaught.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Barudak posted:

The only thing still canon is that is how you must pronounce the word Dreadnaught.

DreadNrrrrrrrght

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dreadnard

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
paul blart
dread nart

sad question
May 30, 2020

I watched Ultramarines movie out of curosity. It had bad reviews so I wasn't expecting much. But I was surprised how bad the animation was, especially the faces.

Still, it weirdly reminded me of something I couldn't put my finger on. Then, about halfway through I realized it had the vibe of cinematics from some 90s rad rts game. So it's more palatable in that frame of mind but still a weird waste of good voice cast.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I wana draw problematic space lesbians but sadly anime is all I can do rip

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Xun posted:

I wana draw problematic space lesbians but sadly anime is all I can do rip

Problematic Space Lesbians was originally going to be a Thirsty Sword Lesbians strategy game but the licensing rights deal fell through.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I want problematic space lesbians.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

sad question posted:

I watched Ultramarines movie out of curosity. It had bad reviews so I wasn't expecting much. But I was surprised how bad the animation was, especially the faces.

Still, it weirdly reminded me of something I couldn't put my finger on. Then, about halfway through I realized it had the vibe of cinematics from some 90s rad rts game. So it's more palatable in that frame of mind but still a weird waste of good voice cast.

What really stood out to me was they had one model. It’s all Ultramarines, the CSM are just reskins of the Ultramarines, there’s no Chapter serfs or Cultists or Guardsmen, it’s just Space Marines because they only had the one model. It’s like drat Red vs Blue.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Let's be real, no 40k film will ever surpass the live-action made-in-a-basement achievements of the 1990s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP7q47BDMBw

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

grobbo posted:

Let's be real, no 40k film will ever surpass the live-action made-in-a-basement achievements of the 1990s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP7q47BDMBw

I think this is what was shown when I went to Games Day '93 or '94 and its still incredibly sick. Such a vibe.

sad question
May 30, 2020

That owns.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Fun fact. The "Chaos Androids" in this game would be repurposed for the First Necrons.

naem
May 29, 2011

Grey Cat posted:

I want problematic space lesbians.

we all do

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

grobbo posted:

this was really good

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

We were talkin bout Squigs earlier.
Lets talk about Hair Squigs.

Orks dont naturally grow hair.
Instead, they attach tiny squigs that are little more than pebble sized balls with fangs to latch on and long frills that resemble hair. They evolved this so that they gain the natural protection and locomotion of the ork so that they can better spread spores while they suck a little blood to keep themselves alive. I like to think that they eventual graft to the ork like a male anglerfish eventually does to the female.

Orks think they look "Snazzy" and will pay docs and squig breeders lots of teef for ones that have long hair and vibrant colors.

They can also make good makeshift stitching for cuts.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
and as you can see on the tiny little teeth on the hair squig of the model, they are indeed fully modelled

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

sad question posted:

Here is the good ultramarine movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lknNsZgzG1g

Lobster Henry
Jul 10, 2012

studious as a butterfly in a parking lot

Hihohe posted:

We were talkin bout Squigs earlier.
Let’s talk about Hair Squigs.

This rules. Orkz rule.

I remember really liking the lore in the necron codex back in 3rd(??) ed. All these shadowy hints about the c’tans billion year grand plan, and a c’tan maybe buried on mars, and then secretly controlling the universe pretty much.

I gather they’ve ditched all that, and tbf I can understand why. There’s nowhere you can really go with it, I guess, except eventually turn the shadowy hints into disappointing substance.

All I know about more recent necron law is that they have personalities and stuff, and the c’tan are gone possibly? Would anyone be up for summarising it on a couple of readable paragraphs? The wiki pages are endless and impenetrable.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Short version is that instead of C’tan running the necrons, the necrons rose up to break and chain them because they were terribly upset about the whole being deceived into feeding their souls to a bunch of fuckhead space parasites.

C’tan on the tabletop are bound and enslaved shards of the gods.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
necrons are still 99% terminators but the ones still with sapience after millions of years are old fogey robots in space and/or tomb kings but tomb kingier. or crazy in other ways

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Also yeah the robot dragon in Mars that the Mechanicum worshipped as the Omnisiah is still probably a c’tan. But it’s been 10,000 years and they’ve been saying the Emperor is the Omnisiah this whole time so by the 41st millennium pretty much the whole Mechanicus believes it

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
really enamored about hair squigs

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

really enamored about hair squigs

Right? Like what was the thought process that led to it?

naem
May 29, 2011

Squigs Iz Gud

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Right? Like what was the thought process that led to it?

They love to put topknots on models, so I’d guess somebody noticed that a couple Orc models had topknots while all the rest were hairless and asked what was up, and somebody at GW thought fast.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Mr Teatime posted:

Short version is that instead of C’tan running the necrons, the necrons rose up to break and chain them because they were terribly upset about the whole being deceived into feeding their souls to a bunch of fuckhead space parasites.

C’tan on the tabletop are bound and enslaved shards of the gods.

Yeah, now whats left of them are just writhing in agony to power Necron technology and weapons

You dont gently caress with the Necrons

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
big theme in their megalomania and hubris. "we are soulless godkillers dammit"

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

What happened to the necron babies when the race got uploaded, or whatever? Did they just stop having babies and raised the kids to adulthood as necrons?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
topknot chat: if the hair doesnt go straight up its incompatible w backpacky things and huge pauldrons and that sorta things, you gotta pose the model too. so theres a comparable amount of topknots and mohawks as boring hair, because other big hairstyles are not possible without serious model work

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

What happened to the necron babies when the race got uploaded, or whatever? Did they just stop having babies and raised the kids to adulthood as necrons?

plain necron warriors. treated as non sapient by the nobles

oltyx, protag of the twice dead king, was uploaded as a bratty teenager and acts like it

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 20, 2024

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

grobbo posted:

Oh wow

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

grobbo posted:

goddamn those are impressive costumes

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Astartes was also a pretty good animation

https://youtu.be/O7hgjuFfn3A?si=vp2ZgymSuTazmDD8

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

:vince:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Hihohe posted:

Astartes was also a pretty good animation

https://youtu.be/O7hgjuFfn3A?si=vp2ZgymSuTazmDD8

this is the GOAT for 40k movies, supposedly all done by a single guy working on his own (who also didnt' really know 40k that well)

I believe that some of this stuff got introduced into mainstream 40k, and the guy was hired by James Workshop to do more, but nothing has been released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Vampire Panties posted:

this is the GOAT for 40k movies, supposedly all done by a single guy working on his own (who also didnt' really know 40k that well)

I believe that some of this stuff got introduced into mainstream 40k, and the guy was hired by James Workshop to do more, but nothing has been released

THE James Workshop!?