Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

So the first releases of HHH's regime are all POC??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Remember the blackface shirt HHH designed?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
And yet they're still (presumably) paying Dexter Lumis who they just...haven't booked for what will be a full calendar year as of next month for no discernible reason.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

Remember the blackface shirt HHH designed?

That's the one that made ACH (understandably) rage quit, right?

At the time, I didn't see it at first, but once it was pointed out, it was definitely a "yikesaroonie" if there ever was one.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Drakkel posted:

And yet they're still (presumably) paying Dexter Lumis who they just...haven't booked for what will be a full calendar year as of next month for no discernible reason.

blue eyes and blonde hair, he’s perfect

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Weirdly bummed about Indus Sher. The Veer jokes were funny but it's an impressive fumble to have a decent tag team of a guy who has a movie about him and an actual Bollywood actor, both of whom were solid when I watched, and to just...let them go. I wonder if Jinder got the news of their release and quit anyway considering his association with them felt like a last-chance thing.

Also lmao that that they spent months hyping up Veer, debuted him, sent him back to NXT, drafted Indus Sher and started the vignettes again, and then released him.

At this point I wish they'd just release Dexter Lumis if only to let him work somewhere else. Bring Sam Shaw back to TNA. Please. I just want to see him wrestle and do his character work somewhere that'll actually use him.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

veer, sanga, jinder, ali, aliyah, mansoor

they sure have released a lot of brown people since hhh took over 🤔

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Triple H doesn't like too many spices in his cooking. :smith:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

he's in AEW

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
They need to make some space in the talent budget so they can afford to compete with TK for free agents in the future.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Triple H will prove he’s not racist by releasing someone like Dexter Lumis or Cameron Grimes along with Odyssey Jones, Ashante thee Adonis and Apollo Crews.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I guess I’m curious if Veer and Sanga quit like Jinder claims to have done, or if they were just released.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this was every jinder promo

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

this was every jinder promo

thats true i remember that

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Really though I found the goose stepping to be the most tasteless part.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ganso Bomb posted:

I guess I’m curious if Veer and Sanga quit like Jinder claims to have done, or if they were just released.

i don't think you can quit WWE

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Triple H will prove he’s not racist by releasing someone like Dexter Lumis or Cameron Grimes along with Odyssey Jones, Ashante thee Adonis and Apollo Crews.

HHH's 3/5 compromise

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Whatever, semantics. Asked for his release and was granted it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Haven't all of the new wrestlers they brought in this year been PoC too?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pirates of Caribbean

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

serious question, how can some people like Jeff Hardy and Toni Storm just wander off and leave, but others who demand their release like Mustafa Ali can't? Is it because he kept showing up?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

serious question, how can some people like Jeff Hardy and Toni Storm just wander off and leave, but others who demand their release like Mustafa Ali can't? Is it because he kept showing up?

i assume it’s because they both did something that forced the company to fire them.

why don’t other people try to get fired? i’ve been in that position where i wanted to get fired instead of quitting (for complicated severance reasons) and it’s harder than you think for a lot of people to do something intentional that would get them fired.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Toni Storm and Jeff Hardy are two opposite ends of that spectrum. Speculation, etc, but Jeff probably got his three strikes and was let go so as not to be a liability. I think they just didn't see anything for the Fed in Toni and were willing to cut bait on what they saw as an underperforming talent with little upside to her backside.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Robviously posted:

Toni Storm and Jeff Hardy are two opposite ends of that spectrum. Speculation, etc, but Jeff probably got his three strikes and was let go so as not to be a liability. I think they just didn't see anything for the Fed in Toni and were willing to cut bait on what they saw as an underperforming talent with little upside to her backside.

crazy considering her backside is her greatest asset

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

At this point I wish they'd just release Dexter Lumis if only to let him work somewhere else. Bring Sam Shaw back to TNA. Please. I just want to see him wrestle and do his character work somewhere that'll actually use him.

Speaking of Dexter.

I've been reading about this uncle howdy QR arg thing and Dexter is speculated to be part of the upcoming cult of Wyatt or whatever that could be debuting at Backlash.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Weirdly bummed about Indus Sher. The Veer jokes were funny but it's an impressive fumble to have a decent tag team of a guy who has a movie about him and an actual Bollywood actor, both of whom were solid when I watched, and to just...let them go. I wonder if Jinder got the news of their release and quit anyway considering his association with them felt like a last-chance thing.

Also lmao that that they spent months hyping up Veer, debuted him, sent him back to NXT, drafted Indus Sher and started the vignettes again, and then released him.

Sanga has a great natural charisma plus he's a big hoss of a dude, it's really just classic WWE booking they fumbled the both of them and stuck them with the Scary Brown Foreigners gimmick.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i assume it’s because they both did something that forced the company to fire them.

why don’t other people try to get fired? i’ve been in that position where i wanted to get fired instead of quitting (for complicated severance reasons) and it’s harder than you think for a lot of people to do something intentional that would get them fired.

I thought all they did was Jeff wandered out of the ring and went home and Toni wandered out of an airport and went home. Maybe there was more to it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anyone can get fired from wwe if they want by just not showing up or saying hhh has a small dick on twitter dot com its just that most of them are pussies who want to get out of the company but are also scared that if they force it theyll never get hired back in a few years if they make it big in aew or w/e so they just hem and haw and whine under their breath until the fed gets bored of them

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Endorph posted:

anyone can get fired from wwe if they want by just not showing up or saying hhh has a small dick on twitter dot com its just that most of them are pussies who want to get out of the company but are also scared that if they force it theyll never get hired back in a few years if they make it big in aew or w/e so they just hem and haw and whine under their breath until the fed gets bored of them

That is how most industries work. There was a recent hullabaloo because Glassdoor is going to require accounts now and anonymous reviews already made would be linked to accounts that made them. They may have backtracked this, but it spooked people.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

All you gotta do is start trying to unionize backstage

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Speaking of Dexter.

I've been reading about this uncle howdy QR arg thing and Dexter is speculated to be part of the upcoming cult of Wyatt or whatever that could be debuting at Backlash.

Debuting at Backlash ironic because that’s what this embarrassing dragged out gimmick is going to get. No idea why they want to continue with it without the central guy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

Debuting at Backlash ironic because that’s what this embarrassing dragged out gimmick is going to get. No idea why they want to continue with it without the central guy.

Bo and Rowan legit want to, supposedly. It's why Rowan got signed (at the same time as all the firings yikes)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

quote:

PWInsider.com is told there are no additional WWE releases expected at this time.

The word among talents is that the calls to those who were cut were very different from the past. We are told that the calls were far less curt and more apologetic and respectful towards the talents than they had been under previous Talent Relations regimes.

PWInsider is absolute garbage for publishing "Respectful firings" with a straight face

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Endorph posted:

most people that stop showing up to shows just get their contracts frozen in perpetuity. Thats why it took over a year for Pac, Trinity, and Mercedes to actually get their releases, and Trinity/Mercedes only got theirs as soon as they did so the company wouldn't have heat with the usos/roman

The toni storm release they simply didn't see her as valuable and were fine with letting her go. Jeff Hardy otoh they had assumed he was going to be a drug test failure after the incident where he left the ring mid match and wanted to get ahead of it. Then weeks later the results came back clean and they scrambled to rehire him on the spot with a new push and a Hall of Fame induction but he had made up his mind by then.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 20, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I hope it is a fun gimmick and done well. Unlike Final Testament

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider is absolute garbage for publishing "Respectful firings" with a straight face

Hahahahhahahahahhaah

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Endorph posted:

To be fair to them, WWE was/is run by psychopaths and it is not at all predictable what will get you blacklisted. I have to think back to the guy who got Vince's number and a "call me any time you need something" and then was fired for calling him.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Chris James 2 posted:

In their defense, I doubt they took the five seconds to game out how that was going to come across credibility wise once you thought about who might be the source on that and why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Don't forget ol dancin Shankley