Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

At around 13:18 you get a glimpse into something very personal for Mike, I love those moments where you can read a lot into what goes on in their lives

I have constructed realities for each of them I am sure is 100% true and they will appreciate when I present my lore packets to them in person next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
is that the same ferrari from fateful findings? does breen own it lol

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Justin Credible posted:

At around 13:18 you get a glimpse into something very personal for Mike, I love those moments where you can read a lot into what goes on in their lives

I have constructed realities for each of them I am sure is 100% true and they will appreciate when I present my lore packets to them in person next week

do lore packets include artisan telephoto family photo albums and tax filings?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
So Repligator is on Tubi.

What a film.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

digitalist posted:

do lore packets include artisan telephoto family photo albums and tax filings?

Obviously, that's lore packets 101. They're right after the collection nail clippings and locks of hair.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

counterfeitsaint posted:

Obviously, that's lore packets 101. They're right after the collection nail clippings and locks of hair.

:hmmyes:

also hoping the Breen well never runs dry

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

YouTube Video Description posted:

It finally happened! The day that we received a package from Breen was the best day since the pandemic started. The slim package that arrived in our mailbox was like a little slice of heaven sent to us from above. A simple mailer that held the truth of which we sought. Cinema. Kino. Joy. I looked at the package, my brow sweating with anticipation. I pursed my lips as I often do in the delicious moments before sipping an ice cold beer. This was just as good. Maybe better. The mailer was that of a simple man. It wasn’t a fancy mailer. It wasn’t padded nor did it have a design on it. In fact, the mailer the DVD arrived in was a cut up cereal box held together with duct tape. I smiled and whispered to myself, “That’s the cup of a carpenter…”. It was here. We received the new Neil Breen film. Was this a Blu-ray? No. This was a DVD-R burned on a computer. I smelled the disc and the jewel case. It smelled like 2003. I cried at the beauty of the whole embarrassing ordeal. It was like a hug from an old friend who had long since passed. A friend you never wanted to see again or allow to hug you. In my hand I held the new Neil Breen film. I couldn’t wait to show the guys! I called Colin from Canada and told him to run to RLM HQ right quick to watch the film with us. He said, “oh, I’ve already seen it. It’s terrible.” And I called him a poutine-slurping, caesar-sipping canuck gently caress and told him to get down here to Wisconsin right quick. He responded by saying, “I’ve got work and I’m watching my elderly neighbors diabetic cats and…” I just cut him off. I said, “Look you loving prick, I have it. Let’s watch it!" So he did come down, albeit unwillingly. What are Neil Breen films? They are moopies made by a man who is the weirdest man to ever live. He’s the perfect oblivious filmmaker. Never getting better or evolving, only getting worse and more lazy and more old and more grandpa jeans. Neil Breen’s films are always about a loner man that has special skills or knowledge above all other humans. There is often a babe involved in his films, although the sexuality is awkwardly placed and seems forced. The women usually look incredibly uncomfortable at the notion of being in love or even attracted to Neil Breen. Likewise, any romance on his part seems obligatory. I guess the thought is that a movie needs “romance” so he must add “romance” But he’s no James Bond! Since this was Breen, we assumed this was worthy of a Best of the Worst™ Spotlight™ episode. It couldn’t simply be lumped into a regular three movie episode. Boy, were we loving wrong. This pile of trash couldn’t have been more disappointing. Breen has gone too far this time with the green screens! Who does he think he is!?! Peter Jackson? George Lucas? James Cameron?!? I mean, sure you can use a green screen sometimes… if you’re making a loving Avengers movie!!! But come on! Literally every background, outdoor location, and room is a stock image. A flat shot without movement. I can say that at the very least in some shots he created a foreground mask to make characters integrated into the frame by putting them behind objects, but really? While the story sucks, the acting is bad, it’s boring and lovely, it’s still a Neil Breen film and we have to love it as if it was our own cross-eyed inbred baby with no limbs. Anyways, while I have you here, I own a timeshare in the Cayman Islands. It’s in a nice part of town, but it’s basically a 1.6 million dollar shack. One of the owners killed himself recently and now I’m stuck with paying his part due to a legal snafu. I don’t quite understand it, but my lawyer Phillip Gorlon (no relation) tells me it’ll cost me more in legal fees to get out of this timeshare than to just keep it. I tells him that I’m strapped for cash at the moment, what with the cost of eggs, covid tests, etc… so my question to you is: Do you think Neil Breen might want to shoot his next film in the Cayman Islands? There’s lots of beach (of course) some very interesting shooting locations and a lovely Indian restaurant called Southern Spice that has agreed to do catering. I can lease my place for $42,000 a day and his next film can be called “Island Crossing: Cade’s Offshore Bank Account Scam” and it’ll be a rip-roaring island adventure film about a man who travels to the Cayman Islands to find his lost love, but discovers corruption and injustice and fights for the people with the help of the A.I. chip in his brain. Best thing is if Breen did a Kickstarter for…. Let’s say 1.6 million that could also cover what I’d charge in “insurance” for him to shoot in my Cayman Islands palatial estate. Just throwing that out there. I think the film would come out amazing and there’s be very little green screen. But there’s be lots of green for me if you know what I mean! Then I can finally dump this lovely timeshare property after stupid Rolando put a shotgun in his mouth. What a fucker. I mean, whose wife ISN’T having an affair in today’s economy! – Krebs Gorlon.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Interior day for night alligator, I drive a Ferrari movie theater.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Having watched the review, I feel like if anything it's understating how little this movie does to explain itself. Like, yeah, that's a big part of breen films but I've seen his other films and generally had some kinda internal explanation of what in the gently caress was being conveyed and for this one I was just completely beside myself. It's not like a 45 minute stretch where everything just repeats with no connecting tissue it's more like 3/4ths of the film. This was my least favorite Neil Breen movie.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Late Night with the Devil is out on Shudder you ffffffffffffffffUCK

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

reignofevil posted:

Interior day for night alligator, I drive a Ferrari movie theater.

Hehe

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

NorgLyle posted:

One of my favorite 'Brian Cox no longer gives a gently caress' things is that he hasn't seen the end of Succession. He stopped watching after his character died and doesn't see the point to watching the rest of the show.

I loving love Brian Cox. He’s the epitome of crotchety old Scotsman.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

lol Colin saying that Maria Conchita Alonso in Predator 2 has "anime hair" makes it very clear what era of anime he's acquainted with.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
That dance number caught me by surprise

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This Breen movie is so tedious that it made this RLM episode tedious. I keep checking the time and going "only 17 minutes through an hour and 12? gently caress me"

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Gripweed posted:

lol Colin saying that Maria Conchita Alonso in Predator 2 has "anime hair" makes it very clear what era of anime he's acquainted with.

He’s a 75 year old man, no surprises there

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
tell me more about the eras of anime

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Sunk Dunk posted:

That dance number caught me by surprise

No surprise it was Jay's favorite moment.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Gripweed posted:

To be fair, both those examples rock.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Colin has definitely seen Dirty Pair. Which is appropriate, because Dirty Pair is one of the anime referenced in Star Trek: The Next Generation

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Perv Era
The Ultra Perv Era
The Criminal Perv Era
The Tradcath Era

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
All of anime falls in the “weirdly sympathetic to nazis” era too, except Porco Rosso

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

This movie is shockingly bad even by Breen standards, my brain couldn’t even comprehend the fight scene turned into a TikTok dance routine.

It really makes me pine for Double Down and those simpler times.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

people hated "fire walk with me" too. true genius ages like wine

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

The Perv Era
The Ultra Perv Era
The Criminal Perv Era
The Tradcath Era

LOL

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
give mike a typewriter, and endless supply of beer and liquor, and one month and publish whatever emerges from that blesséd font of artistry and insight. the great american novel lives within his fingers as long as the blood that pumps through them is at least 0.20% alcohol. we have the formula for greatness

Mega64
May 23, 2008

dreezy posted:

give mike a typewriter, and endless supply of beer and liquor, and one month and publish whatever emerges from that blesséd font of artistry and insight. the great american novel lives within his fingers as long as the blood that pumps through them is at least 0.20% alcohol. we have the formula for greatness

It's a bunch of random scripts from Star Trek TNG.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

dreezy posted:

congrats, you did it. it's called "space cop"

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I think Mike’s ultimate unrestricted passion project would just turn out to be The Orville.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
but yeah double down is lightning in a bottle craziness captured on actual film and everything after is just him making worse versions of fateful findings which is the only digital breen worth watching. after that you get the joke, no point in continuing

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

ProperCauldron posted:

Late Night with the Devil is out on Shudder you ffffffffffffffffUCK

I saw it last night. Pretty good! It sorta felt like a feature length version of a segment you'd get on the newer V/H/S titles.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
is late night with the devil scarier than shake hands with the devil? if its not actual genocide, is it really horror?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

To be fair, nothing was ever going to top Breen giving an ending speech so deranged that he convinces every rich parasite to commit suicide, all while preventing his own assassination.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

jesus christ mikes hands in this vid. thought he was holding a tiny beer. there is no way he can use a normal computer keyboard.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

jesus christ mikes hands in this vid. thought he was holding a tiny beer. there is no way he can use a normal computer keyboard.

He uses Freddy Krueger gloves, except they have dialing wands instead of blades.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

dreezy posted:

but yeah double down is lightning in a bottle craziness captured on actual film and everything after is just him making worse versions of fateful findings which is the only digital breen worth watching. after that you get the joke, no point in continuing

Yeah I can watch Double Down or Fateful Findings with a small group or even alone and have a great time. They’re a perfect blend of vanity and insane libertarian/anarchist worldviews, in a package that at least resembles a real movie with actual shots and locations. His other stuff I can only engage with through the filter of RLM or YMS.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Yea, watched Cade earlier, technology has really made Breen worse. I still think he's genuine, but he just isn't saying anything anymore. It was clear in his earlier movies he had a message he wanted to get out and that made them worth the watch to see how he did it. This is just a mess. I hope this movie got his desire to film green screen tricks out of his system and he can go back to filming in the real world.

I was disappointed the credits weren't full of fake companies like this last few movies, just back to all Neil Breen. I still wonder what Neil Breen catering is like.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
:lmao:
Mike: "What's next for Neil Breen?"
Rich: "The grave."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

PostNouveau posted:

This Breen movie is so tedious that it made this RLM episode tedious. I keep checking the time and going "only 17 minutes through an hour and 12? gently caress me"

I watched this movie last week and it was truly awful. Only real "Breen" type scene is him fighting the tiger but otherwise there is nothing in this movie to make it worth the time put in. Dreading this BOTW