Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

these are TROLL FREE boards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Brutally and insanely trolling Taylor Swift

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

i say swears online posted:

do you think he made them apologize

Yes but to the aliens, not to him

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nonsense posted:

these are TROLL FREE boards

do not feed. do not feed.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
wonder what they think trolling is.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Why are people being mean to Taylor why why whywhywhywhywhwywhywhywhywhywhywhyhwyhwywhywhy

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Al! posted:

the weeknd was pretty good in his after hours horror era but he pissed off Every Girl by being in the Idol so he's going to have to do a dramatic rebranding or he's hosed

The Weekend gave a few milion to relief efforts in gaza so hes cool in my book, also his music is good i feel like i aged out of it but about 10yrs ago i had most of his albums up to starboy

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
As long as Jim Carry still vouches for TheWeeknd then I'll always be a fan.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Blinding Lights is a very good pop song

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lol

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
my wife and I have been bingeing Ripley and it fuckin rocks

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

oh man if you wanna see a watchably dogshit stupid movie with your friends then please by all means check out Link (1986). theres a smart ape up to no good, violently, except its dumber than im making it sound. the best parts of this movie are, if i had to rank them 1) the animal acting /editing, top notch stuff 2) the persistent soundtrack done by the composer of Gremlins (1984) that will make you say from the first moment of the opening credits "hey this sounds a lot like Gremlins (1984)" 3) the main character being completely and totally oblivious to danger, like not normal horror movie oblivious but truly incapable of smelling her own blood in her nostrils. plus there's the campy acting, the ridiculous script, the impeccable Scottish location shooting - big recommend :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSyfkUQ71Yk

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Taylor Gets Trolled

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

quote:

One user of X, formerly Twitter, argued that it was 'pretty astonishing to stipulate that she wants to live in the 1830s, 'except without the racists,' and not mention slavery, so slavery still exists but everyone's chill about it.'

'I know I can't stfu abt Taylor Swift but of all time periods WHY THE 1830s???' another wrote. 'The most notable event from the time period is the trail of tears like I cannot wrap my head around it? Is this another one of her dumbass codes?'

'She said 'without all the racism'.. like it was rain or something lmfaoooo,' one marveled, to which another responded incredulously: 'like???? you don't have the 1830's without the racism lmao it's integral'.

Still another X user wrote: 'To a certain extent I get it like things were extremely simple but 1830's AMERICA WHERE SLAVERY WAS STILL VERY LEGAL WHATS GREAT ABOUT THAT???? That worries me as a black listener and that's why I stepped away.'

One social media user insisted that 'the 1830's without racism is like a book with no pages,' and another quipped: 'why would she pick the 1830s then. what about the 1830s speaks to taylor swift specifically. is she a big fan of andrew jackson'.

??????
By saying without the racists she would be implying none of this stuff too? I guess she could have had like 6 verses explaining that. People are retarded. Lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Why are people being mean to Taylor why why whywhywhywhywhwywhywhywhywhywhywhyhwyhwywhywhy

LEAVE TAYTAY ALONE

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Taylor Swift just wants to die of cholera

she's maniacally depressed

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Also she wouldn't be allowed to vote and all this former-lover sassing would get her put in an asylum or super dosed on laudanum
men wouldn't stand for that sorta scandalous talk

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Free laudanum though

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I watched MAD GOD this morning and it is extremely cool, gross, and impressive. My read on it was basically "here's what it feels like to dedicate your life and creative energy towards immortalizing moments of fear, chaos, destruction, horror, death, and decay on Film so that the worst people in the world can get richer. Here is what it feels like to have your craft, your life's work, be the simulation of all the worst things you can imagine. It's tight tbh."

I felt it was amazingly animated, but also very boring.Though I realized later a lot of the imagery stayed with me , and probably will for a long time, and I think I kinda loved it?

Anyways, don't make my mistake and watch it while eating, lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Everything I've heard about Mad God makes it seem like a very long NIN video

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I don't like the What Jennifer Did Netflix doc and I'm turning it off after the first 15. It uses a bunch of AI generated images because lmao the Pans wouldn't give them their childhood albums. It also just feels racist.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

I don't like the What Jennifer Did Netflix doc and I'm turning it off after the first 15. It uses a bunch of AI generated images because lmao the Pans wouldn't give them their childhood albums. It also just feels racist.

no wonder her mom's name was Bich Ha Pan

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

Everything I've heard about Mad God makes it seem like a very long NIN video

(laudable)

Scallop Eyes posted:

I felt it was amazingly animated, but also very boring.Though I realized later a lot of the imagery stayed with me , and probably will for a long time, and I think I kinda loved it?

Anyways, don't make my mistake and watch it while eating, lol

I feel like beginning of the Spelunker slowly being reeled down past all these layers of really intricate models is a kind of announcement to the viewer about the pacing of the film lol

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

anyways, I also watched Death Becomes Her last night because it started autoplaying after Braindead/DeadAlive. Not bad, some good visual gags with Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn getting increasingly hosed up throughout the movie and a Perfect Ending.

I saw this for the first time a couple of years ago and really loved it. It was one of my favorite movie watching experiences of all time. I love Meryl Streep's reaction when she throws the stick at Goldie Hawn. That's my favorite gag.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
i watched American Beauty last night and that was kind of a hard complicated watch. Which is what i expected, since this movie won best picture but no one wants to talk about it ever again. I definitely enjoyed it because its incredibly well shot and the dialogue is frequently witty but I can't get a read on it.

The movie seems to want you to like and identify with Lester's search for an "authentic life" even though he's terrible and is played by Kevin Spacey (who wasn't ever likable, even when we liked him!).

I guess it was worth watching, but I will never recommend it to anyone.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

??????
By saying without the racists she would be implying none of this stuff too? I guess she could have had like 6 verses explaining that. People are retarded. Lol

What does Taylor Swift like about the 1830s? The sudden availability of western land to settle? The plantation mansions and Southern Belle lifestyle?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nix Panicus posted:

What does Taylor Swift like about the 1830s? The sudden availability of western land to settle? The plantation mansions and Southern Belle lifestyle?

i sensed something off about her. now i know why.

quote:

December 20 – The independence of Belgium is recognized by the Great Powers.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
lotta revolutionary politics in the 1830s too, people love to see the glass half empty man

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The point of the lyrics is that it was a stupid and childish thought. It's about nostalgia being an unhealthy shelter.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you people are immensely stupid and cant even comprehend a tay-tay album

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

The point of the lyrics is that it was a stupid and childish thought. It's about nostalgia being an unhealthy shelter.

Actually it's a chud dogwhistle to.signal her love of the Indian Removal Act

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
she was just watching westworld season 1 when she was writing that song

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i am going to kill everyone in this thread (actionable threat)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Thank you

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

Actually it's a chud dogwhistle to.signal her love of the Indian Removal Act

Well yes but it's also pretty clear she's saying that the American Nazi movement needs to look forward instead of fighting over past grievances. Her songs are layered.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Im doing it to make you mad.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you are like a puppet, who is being controlled, by me

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

you are like a puppet, who is being controlled, by me

:hfive:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

It seems p straightforward. She a messy bitch who spirals over boys. Same girl same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I love music