Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i believe they approached multiple celebrities to be the spokesperson for the grill so there may perhaps be a grain of truth to the hulksters stories but what likely happened is he said that doesn't work for me, brother and hung up the phone

I like his story he was in a long , luxurious bath and didn't get to the phone in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i believe they approached multiple celebrities to be the spokesperson for the grill so there may perhaps be a grain of truth to the hulksters stories but what likely happened is he said that doesn't work for me, brother and hung up the phone

He asked if you could heat up Pastamania in it and they said no and he said "No Deal, Brother Dude!"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I watched a short doco about Dennis Rodman on YouTube last night and it had the hulkster claiming that Phil Jackson was personally calling him over and over trying to find out where Dennis was when he went to wrestle during the NBA finals.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I can just imagine a marketing team going down a list of '80s icons who aren't too expensive and calling them one by one, offering the deal to the first one who said yes.

"Mr. T said no, wrong number for Cyndi Lauper, Hogan didn't pick up, Tone Loc may or may not be alive, let's give Big George a call and after him we'll try Grandmaster Flash."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Seams posted:

I watched a short doco about Dennis Rodman on YouTube last night and it had the hulkster claiming that Phil Jackson was personally calling him over and over trying to find out where Dennis was when he went to wrestle during the NBA finals.

Hogan likes to cast himself as a solver of problems with other celebrities. He personally maintained peace on the A-team set between Mr. T and George Peppard, DUDE.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Dawgstar posted:

Hogan likes to cast himself as a solver of problems with other celebrities. He personally maintained peace on the A-team set between Mr. T and George Peppard, DUDE.

he was

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Didn't Hogan also swear he was supposed to be a full time cast member on the A-Team but backstage politics got in the way somehow???

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

The Hulk Hogan Grill Infomercial is one of my favorite infomercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06PhuE3O_Dw

"my latest invention"

this implies that he has invented other things

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
you're talking about the genius creator of meat shoes brother

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
hulk hogan is really good at backstage politicking... maybe its true

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
it rules you can see a grain of truth in some hogan stories and then he says something insane like auditioning for metallica

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it rules you can see a grain of truth in some hogan stories and then he says something insane like auditioning for metallica

hulk hogan was showing off the boots he wore during Wrestlemania 3 on MTV Cribs and said, directly into the camera and with a somber tone, that Andre died shortly after the hulkster bodyslammed him

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I love how all the food they make is so small. even considering hulks a big dude with big hands those burgers are tiny. the eggs and pancakes too. its also pretty funny when hulk drops his waffle knowledge

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 21, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Alaois posted:

hulk hogan was showing off the boots he wore during Wrestlemania 3 on MTV Cribs and said, directly into the camera and with a somber tone, that Andre died shortly after the hulkster bodyslammed him

technically true it just took 6 years

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

6 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Alaois posted:

andre was lucky it was a bodyslam and not any of the techniques hulk used in pride in the 70's

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
that is not dead which can eternal lie and in strange aeons even death may die, dude

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Every time a wrestler dies Hogan checks to see if he ever bodyslammed him, just to add another one to the count.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Dawgstar posted:

I like his story he was in a long , luxurious bath and didn't get to the phone in time.

He told one version where he missed the call because he was being a good dad and picking his kids up from school and when he got home and checked the voicemail they had already moved on to foreman.

And then there's the third option where apparently on his reality show, Hogan implies that it was his wife that told him to pass on the grill.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

that is not dead which can eternal lie and in strange aeons even death may die, dude

HH Lovecraft?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

The wild aspect to me is that he has lead a life everyone in the wrestling industry would love to have, and a lot of people in general would. But he simply can't help himself and and he not only tells huge whoppers but easily disproven ones.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wish we lived in the timeline where all of hogans lies were actually true

It would probably be way better than this one

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I wish we lived in the timeline where all of hogans lies were actually true

It would probably be way better than this one

I've said it before and I'll say it a dozen times again, if I won "The Powerball" I would finance a movie that attempts to entirely portray Hogan's life as he tells it and then a documentary to fact check the first one.

I would do the same for Bubba the Love Sponge.

That would be my contribution to the arts.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The wild aspect to me is that he has lead a life everyone in the wrestling industry would love to have, and a lot of people in general would. But he simply can't help himself and and he not only tells huge whoppers but easily disproven ones.

he's been dropped on the head a lot, OP

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

ive seen that tombstone and hes never his his head

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
poop brother HH

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

stab posted:

Us this jeff farmer the same one who had the worst (greatest) promo of all time? The YEP guy

Or is it the Jeff Farmer that was a small forward who played for Melbourne and Freo in the late 90s?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Farmer_(footballer)

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Animal-Mother posted:

HH Lovecraft?

Even Hogan is like "He named his cat WHAT, brother?"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I mean sure but he's seemingly been full of poo poo his whole career according to his peers, I think it's a compulsion or something

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alaois posted:

thats another one you can almost forgive him for because to a 70 year old guy with multiple concussions 6 years probably doesnt feel that long

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my favorite hulk hogan lie is that he thinks the montreal screwjob was shawn shoot outwrestling bret and pinning him. id have loved to see shawn try

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The best Hogan story is him meeting a sick kid backstage before his big match at Wembley Stadium, noticing a strong death odor, and then finding out later that the kid had died during his match.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Diabolik900 posted:

The best Hogan story is him meeting a sick kid backstage before his big match at Wembley Stadium, noticing a strong death odor, and then finding out later that the kid had died during his match.

Is this the new version of the story he told about meeting a very ill Make-a-Wish kid, getting him a ticket for SummerSlam in Wembley (to see Hogan wrestle, of course), noticing the seat was empty during his match and thus realizing he died and that inspired him to write Hulkster in Heaven?

All of which happened despite the reality that Hogan didn't have a match at the Wembley SummerSlam, wasn't in the UK at the time, and wasn't even employed by the WWF at the time.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
That Make-A-Wish kid actually died in 1973. Hulk liberated his soul from The Undertaker when he defeated him in Pride. From time to time the boy's spirit appears to The Hulkster when he needs it most.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

Is this the new version of the story he told about meeting a very ill Make-a-Wish kid, getting him a ticket for SummerSlam in Wembley (to see Hogan wrestle, of course), noticing the seat was empty during his match and thus realizing he died and that inspired him to write Hulkster in Heaven?

Yep, from here, starting at 12:50: https://youtu.be/S3dFvNAYx6s?si=GZapO31g9bVn6Vrr&t=12m50s

The story also is about how he’s responsible for Simon Cowell coming over the US.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
There's so many hogan stories but the Pride FC/MMA stuff is what makes me laugh so much.

don't know if I got this here or somewhere else but this always makes me laugh

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Miching Mallecho posted:

There's so many hogan stories but the Pride FC/MMA stuff is what makes me laugh so much.

don't know if I got this here or somewhere else but this always makes me laugh

It also ties into his tale about having to flee Japan for a while because (according to him, of course) he knocked out Inoki for real in a match, and the Yakuza were going to kill him over it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

That Make-A-Wish kid actually died in 1973. Hulk liberated his soul from The Undertaker when he defeated him in Pride. From time to time the boy's spirit appears to The Hulkster when he needs it most.

It was why he couldn't join Metallica. :ohdear:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

It also ties into his tale about having to flee Japan for a while because (according to him, of course) he knocked out Inoki for real in a match, and the Yakuza were going to kill him over it.

Didn't he claim he legitimately killed Inoki in the ring but he was revived by someone doing CPR on him somehow?

My other favorite quote from Hogan related to Japan: That time he claimed he wrestled 400 days in one year because he was flying to Japan and back so often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

Didn't he claim he legitimately killed Inoki in the ring but he was revived by someone doing CPR on him somehow?

My other favorite quote from Hogan related to Japan: That time he claimed he wrestled 400 days in one year because he was flying to Japan and back so often.

Actually yes that was it. He claimed he accidentally killed (or almost killed) Inoki during a 1983 match, Inoki was revived by CPR, and afterwards Hogan had to flee the Yakuza

Somehow they apparently forgot about this two years later when the WWF was doing a tour of Japan and Hogan claims Tatsumi Fujinami tried to shoot on him (at the direction of the heads of NJPW) and Hogan had to fight for real to keep his title.