Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Not much, what's Havana with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Havana Syndrome always seemed like a “Burn After Reading” situation. A couple feds got too drunk, got in trouble, and blamed it on new tech from those pernicious Cuban commies. That set in motion a confluence of events backed by some good ol self-preservation, backbiting, and media stories that led to the stupidest possible outcome.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
99.99% of BlackTwitter is just racist white men with sockpuppet accounts posting dumb poo poo like this

https://twitter.com/juliethardt/status/1779508855816245637?t=X34eYFeEtdFFslO_Pds6FA&s=19

would it surprise you to know the account in question is nowhere to be found on the site?:iiam:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 23:10 on Apr 20, 2024

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Ok no, it is gay to eat hummus. I have to hand it to them this one time.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'll adjust my position on the Kinsey scale, thanks.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
well the man was actually a woman because she ate hummus and then the date was gay for going on the date in the first place

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

This is true though. Everyone can achieve bisexuality if they try hard enough.

I will also accept asexuality as the rare shiny version of bisexuality, but everyone else needs to be doing better 👏👏👏

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 23:28 on Apr 20, 2024

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Men, you know what's the gayest thing of all?

Having a penis and testicles. Think about it, who else loves penis and testicles?

That's right gays and women.

You're better than that. "Affirm" your true gender.

Give up your attachments to these soft, round, feminine things.

Become truly masculine.

Be smooth

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s gay for a man to look in the mirror. He’s checking out a man.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
having a y chromosome? so you just have dudes in your body huh??

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

cult_hero posted:

Men, you know what's the gayest thing of all?

Having a penis and testicles. Think about it, who else loves penis and testicles?

That's right gays and women.

You're better than that. "Affirm" your true gender.

Give up your attachments to these soft, round, feminine things.

Become truly masculine.

Be smooth

Smooth of brain,
and smooth of crotch,
that's how a man,
remains top notch!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Smooth head also seems to be a weirdly common requirement.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

OwlFancier posted:

Smooth brain also seems to be a weirdly common requirement.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

whaley posted:

has anyone done a joke where they say "havana" instead of "having a" yet? that'd be really funny

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Yeah, I'm blorbo. Blorbo another beer!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Havana… hava — havana work here anymore

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

My son's name is also Blorbo.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
We're havana a syndrome,
A tropical syndrome,
The symptoms are rising,
It isn't surprising,
They're full of it, bullshit.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ah yes petty spite a good look for most

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I spend a few hours offline talking to loved ones and this thread channels my posting perfectly while I'm gone

Anyway everyone is either bisexual or asexual, and having balls is feminine, agreed

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ah yes petty spite a good look for most

Don't knock petty spite, it's sometimes all we have, it's motivating, enjoyable and free as the air.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

tokin opposition posted:

I spend a few hours offline talking to loved ones

Wish I had a hall of mirrors, lucky

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Thanks for asking I'm Havana really hard time right now

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Spite is very easy to harness politically and easy to monetize, it's a core American virtue

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

99.99% of BlackTwitter is just racist white men with sockpuppet accounts posting dumb poo poo like this

https://twitter.com/juliethardt/status/1779508855816245637?t=X34eYFeEtdFFslO_Pds6FA&s=19

would it surprise you to know the account in question is nowhere to be found on the site?:iiam:

Tobile Mametja

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1781933362971852968?t=-oZcamr081rZnf1ccVc9fw&s=19

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Don't really want to post it here, but Alex Jones posted against Hitler yesterday and boy is twitter not taking it well.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Alex is a funny one because he's a really good example of a guy who likes a whole bunch of things the nazis did, but because he watched a lot of movies where nazis are The Bad Guys he really doesn't like to think of himself as one or to have other people think he's one.

So he's stuck in this place where he and everyone around him loves nazi stuff but some of them are actual self identifying nazis and he just can not square that circle so he keeps triyng to gloss over it, argue that the self identified nazis aren't nazis, and occasionally put out some badly constructed argument against the nazis because he doesn't actually disagree with the stuff they did but also can't let go of the idea that they're the designated bad guys of history and he doesn't want to be that.

I feel like it's gotta give one way or the other at some point.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

fondue posted:

Tobile Mametja

People make fun of this but there is a coach who used to play pro baseball whose name is Rusty Kuntz. And a current player named Skye Bolt. And a recently retired player called Coco Crisp.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

fondue posted:

Tobile Mametja

While I love Dwigt Rortugal as much as the next man, that's someone's actual name (not sure if it's the same person, no current Twitter account under that name, but there is a LinkedIn account under the same name, a South African metallurgist). dbrand rightfully got poo poo for making fun of someone's name, let's not do it ourselves I think.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Spoken like a true Todd Bonzalez

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

OwlFancier posted:

Alex is a funny one because he's a really good example of a guy who likes a whole bunch of things the nazis did, but because he watched a lot of movies where nazis are The Bad Guys he really doesn't like to think of himself as one or to have other people think he's one.

So he's stuck in this place where he and everyone around him loves nazi stuff but some of them are actual self identifying nazis and he just can not square that circle so he keeps triyng to gloss over it, argue that the self identified nazis aren't nazis, and occasionally put out some badly constructed argument against the nazis because he doesn't actually disagree with the stuff they did but also can't let go of the idea that they're the designated bad guys of history and he doesn't want to be that.

I feel like it's gotta give one way or the other at some point.

https://i.imgur.com/YCyrEbA.gifv

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010

fondue posted:

Tobile Mametja

Thobile is a perfectly normal name, though?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Legit yeah, honestly. He really seems to get salty about people thinking he's a piece of poo poo. Like he seems to take that genuinely personally and have a big persecution complex about it. I think it's one of his primary animating factors. "Oh just because I like <monstrous thing> you think I'm a bad guy, typical globalist wanting to silence people who are just standing up for their country"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Serperoth posted:

While I love Dwigt Rortugal as much as the next man, that's someone's actual name (not sure if it's the same person, no current Twitter account under that name, but there is a LinkedIn account under the same name, a South African metallurgist). dbrand rightfully got poo poo for making fun of someone's name, let's not do it ourselves I think.

Don't be a weenie.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's a pretty solipsistic worldview that's kinda baked into mainstream politics of seeing 'good' and 'bad' more as collections of signifiers and tribal markings than actual actions, and they're not ultimately compatible with any remotely materialistic worldview, or even just in-group material interests. The contradictions start adding up for everyone eventually. But until then, people mostly see themselves and the people they like as 'good people', and good people do good things, and only bad people do bad things, so something a good person does must be good, and if it seems bad that's only because there must be a reason for it, and vice versa. They've got defence mechanisms of buzzwords and thought-terminating cliches to stop them questioning that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dopilsya posted:

Thobile is a perfectly normal name, though?

Yeah there's an major league lacrosse player called LaDonnae Thobile.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

OwlFancier posted:

So he's stuck in this place where he and everyone around him loves nazi stuff but some of them are actual self identifying nazis and he just can not square that circle

I've occasionally seen people try to do this by arguing 'yes some people love the Nazis and call themselves Nazis, but they weren't literally members of the NSDAP between 1920 and 1945 so therefore they actually can't be'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah there's an major league lacrosse player called LaDonnae Thobile.

Plays with a guy named Placido Gento