Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

fridge corn posted:

They already said that's never gonna happen and hell I think a ff6 remake requires a different aesthetic anyway
they should do it tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Captain Invictus posted:

they should do it tho

To be fair I think it was just Kitase saying he wasn't interested in doing it. No reason someone else couldn't.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

They should remake Final Fantasy VIII but change the battle system so it always plays Triple Triad.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

they should remake final fantasy 7 for eternity

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the only thing interesting about the final fantasy 7 remake is that it is not a remake of final fantasy 7. so they should continue making new games and, definitely never remake ff6

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ff6 remake but perfectly accurate yoshitaka amano style

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
homeless snail I'm gonna stuff you in a locker where your terrible opinions will at least be muffled

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Call me a tedious online contrarian pendant, but Ive enjoyed all the Final Fantasy games Ive played so far!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

the only thing interesting about the final fantasy 7 remake is that it is not a remake of final fantasy 7. so they should continue making new games and, definitely never remake ff6

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Maybe Im being overly critical, but I like all the Dragon Quest games! I dont mean to rile up the crowd here, heh heh...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ff6 isn't even a game that "needs" a remake

actually FF7 wasn't a game that "needed" a remake either, but for some reason they don't want to do what the game actually needed, which is re-release the original game with a non-broken translation, and the direction they went with the remake was cool because it wasn't actually a remake

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just know Dragon Quest XI is great, but I havent played any of the others. I wouldnt know where to begin if I wanted to play the other DQ games.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I said come in! posted:

I just know Dragon Quest XI is great, but I havent played any of the others. I wouldnt know where to begin if I wanted to play the other DQ games.

the dq3 remaster which will be out shortly after the release of Silksong

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Larryb posted:

Aren’t there already at least 3 or so different remakes of the OG Final Fantasy?

Arguably more than that, depending on what you count. You have NES, GBA, PSP, Mobile, and Pixel Remaster versions all with different content, mechanics, and graphics.

The fact the "pixel remaster" of ff1 doesnt include all variations/mechanical rulesets in the new graphics is something that bothers me, a massive pedant.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If ff7 remake isn’t a remake why’s it called ff7 remake?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

It makes you think

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I got the pixel remaster of 4 on my phone, I should find time to get into it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Feels Villeneuve posted:

actually FF7 wasn't a game that "needed" a remake either, but for some reason they don't want to do what the game actually needed, which is re-release the original game with a non-broken translation, and the direction they went with the remake was cool because it wasn't actually a remake
yeah but considering the quality of remake and rebirth I wanna see them try their hand at adapting ff6. I want to see Sabin suplex that train in full glorious 3D. I want Kefka to rip the world apart in HD. The Opera Scene but with the mechanics of the honeybee inn/parade in FF7R/R2. Wandering through a forest only to find some trees you walked by were the legs of massive Brachiosaurs. Zozo with the detail of FF7R2 Kalm. Walking around Vector and Narshe. the Correct Chunky Moogle Design instead of the Koala Freaks.

anyways I'm just waiting to see how long it takes from the moment FF7R2 gets released on PC to someone modding the entire game to have the Fort Condor models of the characters instead of their normal versions

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

FF6 needs a remake cuz it's fundamentally mechanically broken

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

When you think about it, FF14 is technically a remake of itself

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jay Rust posted:

Really surprising coming from the same company that made 15 numbered sequels to a game called Final Fantasy

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I said come in! posted:

V and VIII are real good too but really it's hard to go wrong with the mainline games.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

wizard2 posted:

I would like a sequel to Stranger of Paradise that is also a sequel to Final Fantasy 2

We kinda can't because of how the final DLC went down in Stranger.

After getting kicked out of Hell, then Heaven, the Emperor ended up in the Lufenian pocket dimension and tried to take over their poo poo. Jack depowers him and hurls him into a portal to christ knows where by the end.

It was a drat good 1v1 though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hogama posted:

They should just keep remaking the worst Final Fantasy games instead.

They've messed with 12 enough already

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

12's the one entry in the series out of all the rest that i really wish would get some kind of full remake where they have enough time to flesh out the ideas that got cut and give the back half of the game the attention it deserved

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Waffleman_ posted:

When you think about it, FF14 is technically a remake of itself

FF14 is honestly the best remake of FF6 that we are going go get

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rumors going around that Far Cry 7 will star Cillian Murphy, which would be a hell of a first post-Oscar project

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The main villain of Far Cry 7 will be J. Robert Oppenheimer.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Rumors going around that Far Cry 7 will star Cillian Murphy, which would be a hell of a first post-Oscar project

rhea seehorn went from better call saul to voicing a bug lady on invincible, so there's certainly weirder career paths to follow

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Waffleman_ posted:

The supposed-leaker's already walked back on that, stating that by posting a photo of Cillian Murphy he obviously didn't mean Cillian Murphy was involved and people are dumb for jumping to conclusions

Chev fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 21, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Chev posted:

The supposed-leaker's already walked back on that, stating that by posting a photo of Cillian Murphy he obviously didn't mean Cillian Murphy was involved and people are dumb for jumping to conclusions

He obviously accidentally put the wrong nominee and it's Paul Giamatti

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Vermain posted:

rhea seehorn went from better call saul to voicing a bug lady on invincible, so there's certainly weirder career paths to follow

I know she set precedent for it with a marvel film, but cate blanchett in the borderlands movie is still wild to me

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

She was Galadriel. Commonwealth actors will do anything for a big enough paycheck.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
P standard "one for me, one for you" stuff.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

She was Galadriel. Commonwealth actors will do anything for a big enough paycheck.

i love how sir anthony hopkins is both a distinguished world class actor with an almost unparalleled grasp of his craft and a guy who will, if you give him $1m+ and a chair to sit down in the entire time, say whatever the gently caress you want him to into a microphone

he does the scroll and a voiceover performance of, like, 8 total lines as a CGI robot in the two rebel moon parts and i can guarantee you he got paid more than 2/3rds of the onscreen cast

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Getting really into For Honor in 2024.

intriguing! i played a ton of it in year 1 and haven't touched it in forever. i'm gonna have to check it out again assuming my ubisoft account didn't get hacked or anything

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If I was an 80 year old revered actor of the screen and stage I'd take whatever crap came my way, who cares I'm rich bitch!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Looking forward to the Game Awards and seeing whatever A list celeb Geoff Keighley wants to hang out with this year absolutely phone it in

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

exquisite tea posted:

If I was an 80 year old revered actor of the screen and stage I'd take whatever crap came my way, who cares I'm rich bitch!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRIOVeirAa0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Looking forward to the Game Awards and seeing whatever A list celeb Geoff Keighley wants to hang out with this year absolutely phone it in

Its been fun to see gamers, and even a small number of game devs, turn on Keighley. Last year was a wake up call for a lot of people that he is kind of a tool. I know this forum has always known he sucks, but it seems like most people are just now figuring this out.