Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Look who's awake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
what a miserable fucker

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Accipiter posted:

Look who's awake!

It eats him that he cannot talk. Ooooh, how much he would love to talk.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

redshirt posted:

They can't say fart in the NYTimes. Not approved.

What about “air biscuit“?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

There have been a lot of stupid Congress people but goddamn Marjorie is the dumbest

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I mean lol forever at his team not getting the witness list because "your client will blab it and encourage witness intimidation" and the judge going "yeah that does sound like him, he literally did that to my family and in his other NY case"

like his next step in the immunity case will be to stand up and say "when I illegally ordered those documents to be put in my toilet where I showed them to attractive russian ladies (so beautiful), it was important that I could do these illegal things unlike CROOKED JOE BIDEN," on like day one, then complain why everyone thinks he did illegal things

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

I'm sure this isn't true but just taking this statement at face value it actually would say a lot, but not at all in the way Draino_Drinker here thinks. Pretty sure if you believe the only people you'd call "patriots" are actually violent traitors out to wreck your country's democracy you're the one with the loving problem.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

I wonder if she was always this crazy, or if it’s a fairly recent thing.

There's a poster that usually haunts D&D that knew her decently in the Atl crossfit scene (who clarified that he has definitely not slept with her) and said she was mostly just known for being too into crossfit, having an open relationship and just doing unholy amounts of blow.

I wanna say Fishfazzle or something but he probably wouldn't be too excited to be summoned here for an ad-hoc AMA.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Accipiter posted:

Look who's awake!

"I became really obsessed with the concept of gag orders, and I had to repeat that word constantly. I advise all people who are 'getting Donald Trump' to see psychiatric help immediately"

Onkel Hedwig fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 21, 2024

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Accipiter posted:

Look who's awake!

Reminder: The order only protects people associated with his many, many felonies from being personally targeted in a dangerous manner. This gently caress can obviously talk and talk and talk all he wants. He's bitching because he simply isn't allowed to put others' lives in danger with hatred.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

dunno about that but I do remember seeing the American flag get pulled down and replaced with a trump flag

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Scags McDouglas posted:

There's a poster that usually haunts D&D that knew her decently in the Atl crossfit scene (who clarified that he has definitely not slept with her) and said she was mostly just known for being too into crossfit, having an open relationship and just doing unholy amounts of blow.

This is why she was hammering on getting an investigation into where the White House cocaine baggie came from. She wants a DC plug.

HolidayDrunk
Dec 31, 2023

Scags McDouglas posted:

Long-term heavy use of that drug leads to a thing called "cocaine-induced psychosis," if I remember right.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Accipiter posted:

Not even a boomer. It's simply that all of those groups deserve to be heard and taken seriously and when identification is muddied and complicated it makes the end goal that much harder to achieve.

I've actually had chats with friends who also happen to reside in varying ends of that spectrum and most don't disagree. As stupid as it is and sounds, branding is important.

Ok, I hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks for the perspective. I've only ever heard it from assholes delivered like "LOL what are they gonna add next, LGBTQWTFBBQ haw haw haw."

I've mostly defaulted to "marginalized groups" or "non cis het people" if I need to say it out loud. Which I actually do kind of a lot.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Scags McDouglas posted:

doing unholy amounts of blow.

Now I understand why Gaetz and MTG are friends

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

From what I recall anecdotally she didn't really used to have any political opinions at all, but man did those suddenly arrive with compounded interest.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

HolidayDrunk posted:

Long-term heavy use of that drug leads to a thing called "cocaine-induced psychosis," if I remember right.

No wonder she idolizes Trump so much, he's a stimulant abuse success story if I ever saw one

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Scags McDouglas posted:

I wanna say Fishfazzle or something but he probably wouldn't be too excited to be summoned here for an ad-hoc AMA.

Yeah that would make sense

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

There have been a lot of stupid Congress people but goddamn Marjorie is the dumbest

This is Louie Gohmert erasure.

Scags McDouglas posted:

You’re right, I forgot that Fiz said he knew her. (But Fishfazzle does have me laughing)

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

sharknado slashfic posted:

Yeah that would make sense

IIRC he dumped enough information out there that being asked a bunch of questions by goons finding out is to be expected.

His posts are where I learned the term "hotwifing."

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Ok, I hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks for the perspective. I've only ever heard it from assholes delivered like "LOL what are they gonna add next, LGBTQWTFBBQ haw haw haw."

Of course. Thanks for the rational and reasoned discussion/responses. Always appreciate constructive conversation.

I've mostly defaulted to "marginalized groups" or "non cis het people" if I need to say it out loud. Which I actually do kind of a lot.

Verbally I've gone mostly with "LGBTQ" or sometimes "alternative lifestyle" when needing to refer to the groups of marginalized folks, but most of my friends that fall under those various umbrellas prefer (when necessary) to be identified individually, such as simply "trans" or "gay" or what have you.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I go with The Alphabet People.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Monica Bellucci posted:

Wow Dave Chapelle, how edgy

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Accipiter posted:

"alternative lifestyle"

I mean this isn't great.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Keto is a lifestyle. I suck dicks from my soul.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Literally everyone I know in the community just says "queer" now. One syllable and way easier than the acronym thing.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Yeah man, those *checks notes* people who have been systematically brutalized for millenia over their gender identities and sexual orientations sure need to be taken down a peg or two

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Literally everyone I know in the community just says "queer" now. One syllable and way easier than the acronym thing.

I thought this but a couple goons said "this is absolutely still a slur to a lot of us" so I quit saying it. But yeah, on the very rare occasion I make reference to anyone individually I just say whatever they say.

It's kind of important to me to stay as current as possible on terminology because I recruit and hire and supervise a lot of college students and need to be able to display allyship in whatever way I can.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I mean this isn't great.

I would say that there are no labels whatsoever - for ANYONE - that are "great." But in those fewer instances where I go with "alternative lifestyle" I choose to use "alternative" instead of the more widely used "traditional" because "traditional" implies a deviation from normal, and gently caress the people who want to equate "straight" with "normal."

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Keto is a lifestyle. I suck dicks from my soul.

As well you should. Go forth, suck dick, and be merry.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

See that's exactly what I mean. Simplicity. I'd be down with that except for the fact that there are also plenty of assholes that use it as a slur. I'm 100% in favor of a "taking the word back" situation though.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i like QILTBG because it's easy
(quilt bag)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Monica Bellucci posted:

Wouldn't that just be People, then?

Personally I refer to myself by inhuman guttural howls that defy letters entirely

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

it is neither an alternative nor a lifestyle.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Welp they're all out of hetero I guess I'll buy gay today.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Welp they're all out of hetero I guess I'll buy gay today.

Holy poo poo I just noticed your new av, somebody in the metal thread was feeling salty :lol:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
"They keep adding letters to LGBT and I can't keep track of it" is the boomer equivalent of "what's the deal with airline food" and if you catch yourself saying it out loud you should immediately punch yourself in the face as hard as you can

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Holy poo poo I just noticed your new av, somebody in the metal thread was feeling salty :lol:

They are good people do not shame them.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

It's pronounced L-Gibbety-Q

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

IIRC he dumped enough information out there that being asked a bunch of questions by goons finding out is to be expected.

His posts are where I learned the term "hotwifing."

I'm not sure I needed to know that part of the Fiz lore :stonk:

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Froghammer posted:

Yeah man, those *checks notes* people who have been systematically brutalized for millenia over their gender identities and sexual orientations sure need to be taken down a peg or two

So is this projection or whitebread suburbia talkin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The only time I ever heard anyone say LGBT out loud it was a joke in really poor taste and that dude got fired not that long after for unrelated reasons.