Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

that tape sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Lpzie posted:

that tape sucks

post hog

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
only one good song on it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

beautiful cool (weather wise) day out, spent the morning at the zoo with my family and now am chilling in the back yard with my son

selec
Sep 6, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

beautiful cool (weather wise) day out, spent the morning at the zoo with my family and now am chilling in the back yard with my son

it is pretty nice. we had to cover our lilac bush with some sheets the other night so it wouldn't get killed by the frost, but today's turning out alright. gonna do laundry and play more fallout NV

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
gonna be 76 here. nice

selec
Sep 6, 2003

found an insane dude on youtube who keeps rotating in new bugs into his giant bug cage as they die off and he has youtube eulogies for them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaYCFEfV7Vo

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Butter Activities posted:

My [22F] left-wing boyfriend's [31M] life has been taken over by conspiracy theories
(self.relationship_advice)

quote:

My boyfriend has always been a left wing guy. Part of what I liked about him is that he believes in things and has been involved in various good causes. However, the combination of Bernie losing the dem primary and COVID seems to have changed him into a completely different person and I’m scared of who he has become. He started following supposedly far leftist people on and reading various weird conspiracy sites, it started off relatively small like how he kept going on about how Biden was a corporate stooge or how Warren was a plant by the DNC to take away votes from Bernie; stuff where maybe there was an element of truth but where a narrative of maliciousness was created where there wasn’t really. It kept getting more extreme though; when the BLM protests started he wouldn’t get involved with any of the protests despite having been involved before with them and everyone asking him to.

When our POC friends tried to educate him on why the protests were important he kept saying that BLM was CIA backed and it was designed to alienate the working classes from each other. Whenever anyone would explain that the there’s literally no evidence for that and that he was basically repeating a far right conspiracy he literally calls us all sheep and that we're blinded by our 'ideology'.
From there he has really spiralled, he refused to vote for Biden and called him a rapist and kept pushing all of those discredited Ukraine stories. Whenever I tried to show him how that was discredited by the NYT he called me an ‘idiot’ for believing the NYT and that it was democrat propaganda. He said he didn’t vote for Trump but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me; right before election day he posted this big rant on facebook about how Biden was a puppet of the neocons and the ‘military industrial complex’.

Some other conspiracies he now shares include:
9/11 was planned by a sinister cabal of people in government, the military and the CIA (according to him the CIA is basically responsible for everthing that happens everywhere)

Corbyn (british left wing guy accused of being anti semitic) was set up by ‘powerful Zionists’
Literally every Epstein conspiracy ever even ones that contradict each other

A certain very famous and beloved film director is the head of Hollywood pedophile group that basically includes 90% of famous people (he keeps accusing famous people of being pedos or being friends with epstein)
I know these are all massive loving neon red flags, but I think that this year has basically destroyed his mental health and I feel like I can’t leave him like this because it will just lead him to spiral into a really dark place. To his credit, he hasn’t really got into the coronavirus conspiracies, he says that he is neutral, though he has recently started saying that the drug companies were exaggerating their vaccine results to inflate their share prices so I’m really worried he’s falling down that rabbithole as well.

Has anyone else dealt with this, and has anyone else managed to save a loved one from this conspiracy madness?
A new front in the posting wars between cspam and dnd

lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

selec posted:

found an insane dude on youtube who keeps rotating in new bugs into his giant bug cage as they die off and he has youtube eulogies for them

Arachnid death camp for clicks

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

selec posted:

This guy rules. He makes cool huge ant farms and terrariums and then does a bunch of insane stuff for the drama. Very meerkat manor energy to him

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ya i saw some of that dudes previous video and didn't like it. nothing funny in it. no entertainment. just sicko poo poo.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He also does music and vlogs and got really buff and only wears sleeveless shirts now. He's an incredible example of how YouTube engagement breaks you

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i could kick his rear end

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

put me and him in that stupid tank. see who lasts longer

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Done

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He would summon bugs and birds to help you would be so hosed

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i'll wear an outfit with a lot of bright colors that psychologically triggers the part of their ancient brain that warns them: dont go near that powerful man, highly venomous. lol ya'll act like i'd lose with all this prep time. come on...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

selec posted:

thats one crazy rear end terrarium drat

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Gumball Gumption posted:

This guy rules. He makes cool huge ant farms and terrariums and then does a bunch of insane stuff for the drama. Very meerkat manor energy to him

yes wow thATS it EXACTLY!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

lobster shirt posted:

sounds nice dude grats

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i forgot there was an anal oval office song called van full of retards but now i remember there is one, and i am laughing

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a song predicting cspam... incredible.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lobster shirt posted:

a song predicting cspam... incredible.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

[Chorus]
Van full of retards, ha ha ha ha!
Van full of retards, you drool on yourself!

[Verse]
You couldn't even win a bronze in the Special Olympics
Your parents are ashamed of themselves and you!

[Chorus]

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the post about leon trotsky 2012 is the best one still

koos ftw

speng31b
May 8, 2010

remembering the guy in the student debt relief thread who wanted to cannibalize lt2012

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i'd eat him

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

speng31b posted:

remembering the guy in the student debt relief thread who wanted to cannibalize lt2012

seems like that would give you food poisoning

speng31b
May 8, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

seems like that would give you food poisoning

especially because of his proposed diet prior to the cannibalism

Mr. Fish posted:

I would like to cordially invite Leon to eat my poo poo and hair

Mr. Fish posted:

Agreed. Leon eat my poo poo and hair

Mr. Fish posted:

Leon I am going to poo poo in your mouth and block it from emanating any more of your foul lies and falsehoods

Mr. Fish posted:

I will get a head start tomorrow when I hunt down Leon and eat him alive

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the c in chud does stand for cannibalistic after all

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

speng31b posted:

especially because of his proposed diet prior to the cannibalism

He is right to do so

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The epic(urious(ly racist)) chilled monkey brains scene in Indiana Jones but it's Leon Trotsky's head with an ice pick shaped hole in it.

Apr 21, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 20:58 on Apr 21, 2024

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Going to the local wrestling show this afternoon, got VIP tickets so I can feel the slams and get yelled at by the heels this time

Hope the slams are jamming

speng31b posted:

FF's succession posting in the ukraine thread is not to be slept on

The tv show?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
frosted flakes cutting a heel promo...

042124_2
Apr 21, 2024

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has issued a correction as of 22:27 on Apr 21, 2024

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Butter Activities posted:

[Chorus]

[Verse]
You couldn't even win a bronze in the Special Olympics
Your parents are ashamed of themselves and you!

[Chorus]

That's fair, winning a bronze in the special Olympics is a pretty tall order

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Wife baked some cornbread today. Gonna be a good week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Walking by the bar hear a guy going loving nuts on the fiddle. I gotta see this for myself