Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Anders posted:

But if the bond is denied they could still take his plane and everything else tomorrow. He'd just get the money they've collected by selling his poo poo in a fire sale

While a possibility, this won't actually happen.

If Engoron denies the bond, he'll likely give Trump a week or so to secure another. If he doesn't secure one, James isn't going to liquidate everything immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Okay? And?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Data Graham posted:

What I wouldn't give for him to lose legal access to his own name somehow

The ALL-CAPS 3AM "TRUTHS" on a court day about how THEY SAY "TRUMP" IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE "TRUMP" ANYMORE would be hilarious

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Accipiter posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Okay? And?
If we had ham we could have ham and eggs if we had eggs

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Anders posted:

I'm pretty sure they just wouldn't show it

They just want money. I bet they would. They’re all grifters at their core.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

War Wizard posted:

I love how the conspiracy right ramble on about 1984 and then give their own social media platform the most dystopian name.

(Ministry of) Truth Social!

One of the most insanest thing about republicans is how much they are a bunch of Luddites, for anything, especially if it makes life easier.
But the second the tech can be abused and make people rich, they go all in.

"Why aren't you giving all your information to Gates/ Zuckerberg/ MUSK/ Liberal!"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Accipiter posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Okay? And?

They can't shut up about that one time a democrat activated the fire alarm, which was a worse attack on democracy and rule of law than ten insurrections

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It was a fire alarm in a different building and didn't stop the vote a whit because, get this, it wasn't in the loving Capitol. Complete dipshits.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I thought it was made from chickpeas?

this is a weird coincidence because i just found out today that they're the same thing. trying to buy chickpeas and the garbanzos looked like 'em but had to ask someone if they're the same.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

steinrokkan posted:

They can't shut up about that one time a democrat activated the fire alarm, which was a worse attack on democracy and rule of law than ten insurrections

MTG running around for 2 weeks shouting about HOW COME NOBODY CALLS THAT AN INSURRECTION at anyone that would listen, then immediately IF I DID ITing the unidentified pipe bomber lol

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
So this is an interesting take on the rally cancellation.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-rally-questions/

quote:

"Alex, I think it is a good chance that it was strategic," [David Henderson] replied. "And this will be an ongoing theme we talk about this [hush money] trial. Trials cannot accommodate uncontrollable witnesses, and so a number of things we saw happen during the first few days of this trial will come up because president Trump — the former president — can open the door by making statements publicly that are not true that can go back to bite him in the courtroom." "So his lawyers would prefer for him to say as little as possible from now until the trial is done," he added.

This is pretty reasonable speculation considering the number of gag order violation claims piling up. (Most notably the Watters quote.)

He can't keep his mouth shut and that's going to annoy the hell out of his attorneys.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Garbanzo is a superior name cause it's funny

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

"TRUMP" SILENCED because he's literally incapable of not saying a bunch of officially illegal slander when his butthole mouth opens

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Accipiter posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Okay? And?

i sorta suspect the house GOP as a whole loving hates MTG/boebert/gaetz alot and i wouldnt be fully shocked if the day trump dies they will get tossed.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

"TRUMP" SILENCED because he's literally incapable of not saying a bunch of officially illegal slander when his butthole mouth opens

I'm surprised no one has put together a :words: smilie with Donald's face.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

steinrokkan posted:

And he was never sent to prison or kicked out of congress

Just insane hysterical poo poo that only exists in their imaginations

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i sorta suspect the house GOP as a whole loving hates MTG/boebert/gaetz alot and i wouldnt be fully shocked if the day trump dies they will get tossed.

It’s not a secret. If they’re not part of the FART team, most of the GOP weirdos actively hate them.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Trump violates the gag order by holding a rally or Trump can't rally at all. Both work for me.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

kw0134 posted:

It was a fire alarm in a different building and didn't stop the vote a whit because, get this, it wasn't in the loving Capitol. Complete dipshits.

Also I think most democrat’s response to this was “dude, what the gently caress are you doing” rather than acting like it was some 1776-rear end kinda protest.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I enjoy the fact that Trump is the leader of the FART team. It’s like a Saturday morning cartoon villain and they are his henchmen

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Strong Sauce posted:

this is a weird coincidence because i just found out today that they're the same thing. trying to buy chickpeas and the garbanzos looked like 'em but had to ask someone if they're the same.

The difference is there's not a tape of a garbanzo beaning on trump

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Mitt Romney has publicly referred to her as a "moron" and that she's "missing a few IQ points."

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
We are long overdue for a Boebert outburst. She has been sidelined this season after jerking a dude off during Beetlejuice.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Frank Frank posted:

We are long overdue for a Boebert outburst. She has been sidelined this season after jerking a dude off during Beetlejuice.

Well she made a poor word choice a few days ago and the internets jumped all over it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Jesus Christ she walked straight into that lmao. Did she go flying away like Team Rocket after that or what?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Accipiter posted:

So this is an interesting take on the rally cancellation.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-rally-questions/

This is pretty reasonable speculation considering the number of gag order violation claims piling up. (Most notably the Watters quote.)

He can't keep his mouth shut and that's going to annoy the hell out of his attorneys.

That's a great twist I hadn't fully considered. His rallies are dangerous now to his criminal defense, and not just breaking gag orders, but by talking about any specific trial he just may riff into providing fresh evidence and confession.

So not only is his actual time taken up by the trials - and not just sitting in court, but everything involved in getting there and leaving - but his actual rally time will be reduced possibly as much as possible to limit his legal exposure.

Also, he's an old man who's unhealthy, and mentally fragile. This has to be doing a number on him. LOW ENERGY for any rallies or speeches.

RFC
Nov 3, 2002
lol

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

Jesus Christ she walked straight into that lmao. Did she go flying away like Team Rocket after that or what?

from lukewarm burns?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Nothing will come of this but still laughing that Ken Paxton might face a bar inquiry over trying to overturn the 2020 election.

https://www.msnbc.com/top-stories/latest/ken-paxton-texas-bar-association-lawsuit-rcna148679

quote:

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton can be sanctioned by the state bar association over his unsuccessful effort to overturn the 2020 election results, a state appeals court ruled on Thursday.

A three-judge panel on Texas' Fifth Court of Appeals determined that a lawsuit brought by the State Bar of Texas' disciplinary committee against Paxton can proceed, because the suit is seeking to punish him in his capacity as a licensed attorney and not as a public official.

The state bar’s lawsuit has loomed over Paxton as he battled criminal charges and corruption allegations in other matters, and as he continues to use the power of his office to take frivolous and cruel legal action to assert his conservative agenda. The disciplinary committee first brought the suit against Paxton in 2022. He had challenged the election results in key battleground states that Biden narrowly won in 2020, and his petition was swiftly dismissed by the Supreme Court.

Paxton tried to have the committee's lawsuit against him thrown out, arguing that he had petitioned the high court as a public official and therefore was not subject to the bar's disciplinary rules.

“Every attorney admitted to practice in Texas, including those representing a government agency, is subject to the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct and Texas Rules of Disciplinary Procedure,” Appeals Court Justices Erin Nowell and Nancy Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion.

“Subjecting Paxton to disciplinary proceedings does not violate separation of powers; immunizing him does,” they added.

If Paxton is ultimately sanctioned by the state bar, he could receive a private or public reprimand, or even disbarment. He would still be able to serve as Texas attorney general, however; a license from the bar is not required for the position.

Paxton’s spokesperson, Paige Willey, said he will appeal the ruling to the Texas Supreme Court, whose justices are all Republicans.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
They’re just going to do the same thing they did last time during the attempt to disbar him, let the trial proceed and then universally acquit him

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The Texas Bar is a complete joke.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Speaking of Texas

The ultimate goal they want to achieve

Religious indoctrinated private schools and no public education

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

IIRC he dumped enough information out there that being asked a bunch of questions by goons finding out is to be expected.

His posts are where I learned the term "hotwifing."

They only call it Hotwifing in MTGs case because Midwife was already taken.

IshmaelZarkov fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 21, 2024

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Speaking of Texas

inveterate shitheads

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Speaking of Texas

Killing our state's economy to own the libs.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Taking the Ron Swanson addage of "Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor." to the literal extreme

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Speaking of Texas

Arnt their pretty deep fissures in the Texas gop over this and this poo poo keeps dying because of it.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
I think TRUMP didn't go to his rally because he's LOW ENERGY and a very SAD boy after people LIE about his beautiful SNOOZING and yuge FARTS. The FARTS were PERFECT! Everyone agree - one lawyer came to me with tears in his eyes while he put on a gas mask saying the judge RAN AWAY after hearing me rip one with food in it (berders)

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Strong Sauce posted:

No, you're thinking of gazpacho.

Wait no, sorry, that's not right. The Gazpacho were Hitler's police force.

I know cuz Marge said so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Accipiter posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Okay? And?

Should have just done it then, Marge! Best case you disrupt the vote and get away with it, worst case you disrupt the vote and get a clear display of liberal bias in the system.

I suppose that might have resulted in some personal inconvenience to her personally though, so better to just whine about hypotheticals online