Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Platystemon posted:

So actually what this advertising boycott is going to do, it is going to kill the company.

And the whole world will know that those advertisers killed the company and we’ll document it in great detail.

Tell it to Earth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I can't even remember the last time I applied for a job that didn't include a records check

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Gadzuko posted:

Hmm yes the cars will no longer need code to run, sounds legit

"fsd" replaced by extremely hardcore coders chained to their desks, remotely driving your car around while they pretend to be AIs

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Buce posted:

"fsd" replaced by extremely hardcore coders chained to their desks, remotely driving your car around while they pretend to be AIs

This is what neuralink is for. The contact allows your brain to be used for the network as-needed.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Gadzuko posted:

Hmm yes the cars will no longer need code to run, sounds legit

This made me want to yell at the writer for not following that up.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Neeksy posted:

This made me want to yell at the writer for not following that up.

That writer believes LLM "AI" is the future

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

DeeplyConcerned posted:

That's right if the company performs 20% worse you gotta fire 20% of the workers as punishment.

They also apply this logic to school funding so at least they're consistently stupid assholes

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Azhais posted:

I can't even remember the last time I applied for a job that didn't include a records check

Just buy a company with 0 due diligence for a funny number like 420 million. Then u dont have to take a drug test.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
arent only low playing entry jobs the ones that do records checks and drug testing(lol what do you think sober musk is even like).

got to gently caress over those min. pay people. pay for these two things before you even get hired. also you only get the money back if you work long enough through the trial peroid.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

PhazonLink posted:

arent only low playing entry jobs the ones that do records checks and drug testing(lol what do you think sober musk is even like).

got to gently caress over those min. pay people. pay for these two things before you even get hired. also you only get the money back if you work long enough through the trial peroid.

When I was a team lead at the drug plant I worked at, they pulled a test on everyone on 2nd and 3rd shift because someone found a dirty needle right outside the not-sealed men's bathroom door into the cleanroom-adjacent hallways you weren't allowed to exit out of. It wasn't some bullshit, either, I was walking into the gowning area and had to call people to tell them to figure poo poo out, because I saw the loving rig in the hallway and just hung my head.

Everyone on 2nd and 3rd had to line up for a piss test, but not 1st or the managers.

That went over really well when they all left for the day through the sea of people waiting to piss in a cup while they were talking poo poo about efficiency.

They didn't catch the person shooting heroin in the facility; however, they did catch one of the guys I totally needed on my shift taking 2-day-expired muscle relaxers because he had hip surgery 6 months prior.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 22, 2024

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

Hang on hang on. There’s absolutely no way they can take the cost of the drug test out of your salary is there?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

nah most retail doesn't drug test anymore unless it's for like worker's comp stuff, so just don't fall off a ladder

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I've never encountered paying for the test before, companies already have a particular lab or local offices in mind that they work with and just give you the paperwork to bring with you.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PhazonLink posted:

It's also about keeping convicted felons from finding gainful employment, reoffending as they have nothing else, and going back into for-profit prisons.

Because that's the real racist dogwhistle hidden in there; Minorities are always scary criminals to them, even if someone has already done their time and earnestly applying and looking for a job.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
like 10 years ago i faked out labcorp for a job at motorola, the first company to ever implement on-hire drug tests. poo poo is a joke. ordered 100ml of clean canadian piss in a tube and dripped that out while yelling "i cant go, can i close the door?" and the tech just rolled her eyes and said "sure fine, just don't flush, pussy" and boom, job

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's also about keeping convicted felons from finding gainful employment, reoffending as they have nothing else, and going back into for-profit prisons.

Because that's the real racist dogwhistle hidden in there; Minorities are always scary criminals to them, even if someone has already done their time and earnestly applying and looking for a job.

meanwhile there are a lot of contractors and physical labor companies run by somebody that's on the wrong side of this system and they'll happily hire anybody on the rocks who's worked rehab a bit, and they build the best houses and honestly work hard cause they've seen what's on the other side

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

There was never a struggle with the name

I bet today is the first day Elon has even heard of Sheetz

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

in the grim future of elon: outpost-mars -- all intelligence will be artificial and everything artificial will be intelligent.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
is elon being pro-criminal employment or anti? i can't tell. i know of at least one publicly known drug trafficker who works/worked at spacex lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol spacex should be regulated like a national lab

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

A tesla can float briefly

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

R.L. Stine posted:

is elon being pro-criminal employment or anti? i can't tell. i know of at least one publicly known drug trafficker who works/worked at spacex lol

Race may be a factor here

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

R.L. Stine posted:

You know Elon's supply man? Dang.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

would elon float or sink?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I did not know that Ian Miles Cheong worked for SpaceX.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

R.L. Stine posted:

I’m pretty sure he would pull out some South African slurs to explain why he does not hire reformed criminals

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
This is probably old news, but did Elong finally get banned from Brazilian internet?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

god please help me posted:

This is probably old news, but did Elong finally get banned from Brazilian internet?

No he rolled over and complied instantly after an US senator made a stern post or other

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Platystemon posted:

I did not know that Ian Miles Cheong worked for SpaceX.

Elon pays him on the sly through an account that is not traced or taxed by the Indonesian government, and is spent mostly on weapons which IMC illegally traffics gleefully through his own country

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Songbearer posted:

Elon pays him on the sly through an account that is not traced or taxed by the Indonesian government, and is spent mostly on weapons which IMC illegally traffics gleefully through his own country

Obviously, those weapons are then sent on to Israel.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Don't just link people to an article with a photo of Dutton in it without warning them mate, Jesus.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Don't just link people to an article with a photo of Dutton in it without warning them mate, Jesus.

That's Colin Robinson!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Grok is just nailing it lately:

quote:

Well, well well! "The Coalition says it is prepared to back the government's proposed misinformation laws in light of the social media response to the violent scenes at two stabbing attacks in Sydney last week. "

Looks like the coalition has a problem with free speech! Maybe they've had a little too much DEI kool-aid. Elon should inform them of a little thing called the second amendment!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Grok is just nailing it lately:

elon was right... AI is too powerful

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It should also be noted you have to gently caress up incredibly badly to make the half-melted wax mannequin brought to life that is Peter Dutton get on the same page as Labour and offer a united front on anything.

Like, it's almost unheard of for him to agree to anything that might actually benefit people.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

But can this baby shake itself apart driving on a straight, level dirt road?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah but can it out-drag a porsche while towing a porsche (over the 1/8th mile and then get smoked by the quarter mile)

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
In 5 years, Teslas will be so powerful that they can tow themselves while going in reverse.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I am. Rode in a waymo last night - it was pretty cool

Those things would burst into flames trying to calculate any rotary near Boston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

No he rolled over and complied instantly after an US senator made a stern post or other

drat, the world (or at least Brazil) would've been better off without Twitter.