Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Trent? Vs Sydal 2 1.26%
OC/Shibata vs STP 0 0%
Acclaimed vs BCG 1 0.63%
Pac vs Okada 3 1.89%
HoB vs Adam, Eddie and Mark 0 0%
Willow vs Julia 1 0.63%
Roddy vs Kyle 0 0%
Jericho vs Hook 6 3.77%
Storm vs Rosa 1 0.63%
Danielson vs Ospreay 139 87.42%
Bucks vs FTR 1 0.63%
Joe vs Swerve 5 3.14%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1782355341042397536

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

there’s really no comparison for the in ring product right now. AEW is HOT!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

there’s really no comparison for the in ring product right now. AEW is HOT!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's a much better between-the-ropes match of course but watching Ospreay/Danielson with that electric crowd it felt like that kind of Hogan/Rock passing-the-torch type match you only get once-in-a-generation. You could compare it to so many other things too, matches from Japan, a bit of a martial arts movie, a goddamn wrestling match. The crowd was really unbelievable all night and I'm so glad about it. It certainly helps that every match had real heat behind it. Just a collection of great stories all being told in the ring.

Man, House of Black winning over Copeland and Co., so cool! Cope's gonna finally get that singles Malakai match he's wanted. Or maybe he'll turn evil...

Also whoever said that Christian vs. Swerve should be where they go next, holy poo poo, you're a genius. Another Swerve/Nick Wayne match :sickos:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Captain Foo posted:

The only thing about it to me is that the driver was so clean and safe that i didn’t buy it (compared to the 91 that kenny took, for example)

Let me be clear though i’d much prefer it this way and it was so, so good

Yeah, if anything I would have bought it more as a shoulder injury than a neck injury. He landed so clean.

I think I might have liked Revolution more on the whole but it’s close. Extremely close. Toni/Rosa exceeding expectations since Rosa had looked not great up until last night might push Dynasty over the edge for me. That match hosed whipped.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Extremely silly but very cool.

Wish they'd gotten a wider shot of the impact though.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Pape was good. Lots of title changes that I'm happy with.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Hey I didn't watch the pape, but I'm hearing this might be something called "Swerve's House?"

Also Danielson/Ospreay is wild, couple of complete psychos who rule so much :getin:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

This was absolutely my favorite spot in this astonishing match. Just full on anime and perfect in every way. I marked out so loving hard

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

:lol:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lionheart ftw

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
remember when Ospreay and Ricochet were considered, like, mirrors of each other?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

StarkRavingMad posted:

remember when Ospreay and Ricochet were considered, like, mirrors of each other?

now it's kind of a Black Mirror situation

what if Fed but too much

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I hope he acts like he's even bigger than the world champ. This delusion mine has untapped depths

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Boooo! Go away, Jericho! Boooo!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shard posted:

I hope he acts like he's even bigger than the world champ. This delusion mine has untapped depths

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

It's the 😊 👍

That's making me laugh so much :lol:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I thought Jericho was due for his sabbatical, but I was immediately brought right back around when I saw the "The Learning Tree" Chris Jericho name plate.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

hes so good at this lmao

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

feeling pretty elevated today

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Holy poo poo swerve is the world champ. I remember hoping for days like this

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I don't understand the hype for Danielson/Osprey, especially that ending

They should have just told a story if they wanted to have a great match, but I didn't hear a single in-ring monologue?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The337th posted:

They should have just told a story if they wanted to have a great match, but I didn't hear a single in-ring monologue?
You had me foaming in the first half I ain't gonna lie lol

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

The337th posted:

wasn't enough rest holds, laying down to sell a move for 3 minutes, backing away wide-eyed after your opponent kicked out, or staring at your hands.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:unsmith:

https://x.com/puroresuflow/status/1782393835550625825?s=46

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

It didn't start with someone saying EIGHT HUNDRED AND NINETY-TWO DAYS

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

This legit made me cry

RIP Jimmy Rave

Embassy Forever

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Shard posted:

Holy poo poo swerve is the world champ. I remember hoping for days like this

I remember telling everyone I knew when I heard of his release that if AEW signed Shane Strickland he would become a mega star for them. I heard the rumors and watched that Revolution where he was signed mostly for that and the Punk/MJF match, and I was over the moon. I saw this man enter a warehouse-turned-punk-venue in the middle of Ohio and completely take it over. The dude takes your breath away live, just through his presence alone. I never stopped believing, and going back to watching full time just in time to see his ascension has been such a treat.

He just beat Samoa Joe, who had a killer title run with some great defenses, and now he's the world champ. He could be feuding with Christian Cage & Nick Wayne, or Moxley, or Takeshita, or Ospreay, or so many others. We are living in such a good timeline.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I do wish AR Fox did not do whatever the hell it is he did to piss everyone in AEW off because everything you said about Swerve is true and also I feel exactly the same about AR Fox and I think he should be right there with Swerve.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

This is just everything GREAT about wrestling. When someone asks why I love this poo poo so much it’s because of this. There’s just nothing more entertaining than wrestling at this level, Danielson really is the best.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oil! posted:

If only Tony would allow paternity leave, Sammy wouldn't have to get suspended to spend time with his newborn.

The kid's, what, six months? It might do Sammy good to hang out with someone more responsible and mature than most wrestlers for a change.

Dynasty was good. Only one bad match, several really good to insane. And I also absolutely loved the finish of Ospreay vs Danielson and how it basically was the classic samurai clash, except wrestling.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

I do wish AR Fox did not do whatever the hell it is he did to piss everyone in AEW off because everything you said about Swerve is true and also I feel exactly the same about AR Fox and I think he should be right there with Swerve.

I agree :smith: Fun fact, that event where I first saw Swerve was a tournament ultimately won by AR Fox. He really is great and I loved his association with Swerve so much. It's interesting that they kept him around even past the recent releases - I have to wonder what the deal is.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think Jericho/Hook was the only match I wasn't super high on and that was just because of everything outside the ring with Jericho that has kinda tainted him for me. It was fun in-ring and the booking made Hook really strong in losing.

But everything else was banger after banger with the best match of all time in the middle. Ospreay/Dragon should be put on YouTube for free so I can show it to non-wrestling fans to convince them how cool wrestling is.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Let's just pause for a second to think that we saw Okada vs Pac, and it wasn't the best match of the night. We saw FTR vs Young Bucks, and that wasn't the best match either. poo poo, about half of that PPV would've been easy MOTN in most of the PPVs we used to watch until a few years ago.

It's incredible how good a product AEW puts on.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I need to see this edited into a clash from Injustice: Gods Among Us.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Elephant Ambush posted:

This legit made me cry

RIP Jimmy Rave

Embassy Forever

I thought that was a great touch. Jimmy Rave was an excellent midcard heel in ROH and an indy mainstay beyond that, and I hate the fact that a lot of those guys get forgotten. Hell, Nana was one of those guys before he got paired with Swerve. I like the fact that TK and others in the company treat the indies and their history with respect.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1782293430330065151

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Gavok posted:

I need to see this edited into a clash from Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Bryan: "YOU STILL CAN'T DESTROY THE MOON"
Will:"WATCH ME BRUV"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Guns up baby

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1782210289947001182