Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1782476288776663309

Joe Douglas masterclass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Denver isn't drafting a QB are they

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean, they probably can't. Their roster situation is more dire then the Patriots and they have no resources.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Zach Wilson went from the worst jerseys in the league to the worst jerseys in the league

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Wilson vs Stidham QB battle? LMAO

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

Ben Dinucchi is there

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Which QB on the roster is going to remember Sean's coffee order and therefore get the starting job?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Also...that's kind of a good trade for the Jets, all things considered? Like, who cares, but I thought they would have to affirmatively give up a pick to get anyone to take all or part of Wilson's salary.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

a neat cape posted:

Denver isn't drafting a QB are they

I'm rooting for Denver Broncos Quarterback Bo Nix.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

a neat cape posted:

Ben Dinucchi is there

I can't wait to post "Dinucc is loose" at least once in a preseason GDT.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
How did Zach Wilson end up being such a gigantic bust? His stats are wildly terrible

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Zach has a pretty decent chance to start some games and he has Payton working with him. They did right by him.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

trevorreznik posted:

How did Zach Wilson end up being such a gigantic bust?

He's bad at his job

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Thats one way to sell all those surplus Broncos Wilson jerseys.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

trevorreznik posted:

How did Zach Wilson end up being such a gigantic bust? His stats are wildly terrible

His brain turns to mush when he doesn't have 4 seconds to throw the ball

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I understand he's basically free, but it's still an overpay. Are there no other backups available?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I get why the Broncos are doing this. Zach Wilson is one of the worst quarterbacks of all time to ever start as many games as he's had, however he did have the tools to get drafted in the first, and if there's even a 1% chance of this being the Jets loving him up and him being fixable, the Broncos are in a position to try him out.

Like almost guaranteed to not go anywhere, but the Broncos have no resources, no cap space, next to no talent. Zach won't hold back anything, they can see what they can get out of him in training camp, and if he's still a zero? Flush him, if he shows a flash of anything, like what, are you worried about losing valuable Stidham snaps if he plays?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

ChocolatePancake posted:

I understand he's basically free, but it's still an overpay. Are there no other backups available?

You'd rather have discounted Zach Wilson than what's left of Ryan Tannehill. Wilson isn't good. Wilson needs to be able to physically wear a jersey and do what Sean Payton explicitly says to and throw for like 140 yards/game in a bad season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

They could have had Justin Fields for free lmao.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

I get why the Broncos are doing this. Zach Wilson is one of the worst quarterbacks of all time to ever start as many games as he's had, however he did have the tools to get drafted in the first, and if there's even a 1% chance of this being the Jets loving him up and him being fixable, the Broncos are in a position to try him out.

Like almost guaranteed to not go anywhere, but the Broncos have no resources, no cap space, next to no talent. Zach won't hold back anything, they can see what they can get out of him in training camp, and if he's still a zero? Flush him, if he shows a flash of anything, like what, are you worried about losing valuable Stidham snaps if he plays?

yea, the broncos are almost certainly gonna have to run a series of nobodies at QB this year, maybe they get Bo Nix in the 2nd round or something to add to the mix, but it's gonna be rough. after this year though they're finally out of the dog house so ideally they throw some guys around and see what sticks.

poo poo if they want another big arm dude with no brains they can go for Spencer Rattler in the 3rd or 4th

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

They could have had Justin Fields for free lmao.

I mean yeah, that'd have been a way better move.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Forrest on Fire posted:

do what Sean Payton explicitly says to

are we sure Wilson can do this after last season?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I do feel we should all take a moment to lol Cowboys though.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The player + a 7th-rounder for a 6th-rounder trade is so insulting to me, you might as well lean into the joke and literally trade him for a JUGS machine

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Forrest on Fire posted:

You'd rather have discounted Zach Wilson than what's left of Ryan Tannehill. Wilson isn't good. Wilson needs to be able to physically wear a jersey and do what Sean Payton explicitly says to and throw for like 140 yards/game in a bad season

Let's not say anything rash here

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Outside the top 4 QBs the Broncos could try to get:

Penix (not a terrible fit)
Bo Nix (similarly not awful)

Spencer Rattler (a deeply confusing player who loves throwing needless picks)
Michael Pratt (could be interesting, former Tulane guy)

Joe Milton (dude's maxxed out arm strength and has the lowest possible game awareness, all arm no brain)

I don't hate Penix, Nix, or Pratt for them. I feel like Peyton could especially do good things with Penix

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
This was all orchestrated by Aaron Rodgers so he could have an inside man investigate Denver International Airport.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Let's not say anything rash here

I think Zach Wilson will survive a training camp. I don't think Tannehill can physically endure one. Sean Payton has a very rigid offense that doesn't allow for creativity. Zach Wilson is moving on from a situation where he had to make every single read. I could see him being Marcus Mariota caliber of playable for a couple weeks

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

broncos new unis are good, broncos new qb is lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Professor Funk posted:

Zach Wilson went from the worst jerseys in the league to the worst jerseys in the league

heh

Kalli posted:

I mean, they probably can't. Their roster situation is more dire then the Patriots and they have no resources.

How patient can Payton be?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Covid really led to some old rear end draft picks.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1782490968450617727?t=c01JvwUHzIfCkbAfL6WSQA&s=19

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It is very funny to me that guys who are drafted high based on someone thinking they might be a good nfl quarterback continue to get opportunities based on that despite years of empirical evidence showing that they cannot play quarterback in the NFL.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

R.D. Mangles posted:

It is very funny to me that guys who are drafted high based on someone thinking they might be a good nfl quarterback continue to get opportunities based on that despite years of empirical evidence showing that they cannot play quarterback in the NFL.

I Can Fix Him (No I Really Can) (Payton's Version)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Zach has a pretty decent chance to start some games and he has Payton working with him. They did right by him.

Broncos play the Jets this season lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Realistically does ZW even make it out of preseason? This could be his last stop on an NFL roster.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
There’s regular surrender and then there’s “choosing to pay Zach Wilson real American currency to join your team” surrender, which is, I have now learned, much worse.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

He’s nowhere close but Penix gives me Brandon Weeden vibes

lol Browns

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You know the Walton family is pretty thrifty.