Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Trump has called him a left wing radical compared to Joe

trump talks trash; news at 11.

that's a far cry from hiring a director of ratfucking in order to knock him off the ballot under the guise of saving democracy.

maybe the gop will do that, too--but it's been hilarious to see the heel-turn among libs trying to pretend that rfk is gonna be trump's downfall bc these 2 polls out of 50 have said so.

also, iirc, those 2 polls were national ones and also the effect was fairly negligible.

like I said, we'll know rfk hurts trump more than biden when the democrats stop trying to brand him & block him.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

Only in 2 surveys out of the last dozen or so. Meanwhile, democrats keep trying to brand him as a maga plant, instead of painting his candidacy like he's a threat to biden, not trump.
Oh yeah but I think Democrats care way more about destroying third parties than beating Trump.

I think even if you Jedi mindmelded proof into their brains that laying off Kennedy would undercut Trump and help Biden win they would still go hard on RFK with everything they have because their power depends on being "the only alternative to Republicans that can win" and a strong third party campaign takes that away from them.

Willa Rogers posted:

As I said, step back from the media/lib echo chamber & look beyond the antivax: Young people are very much in the "pox on both their houses" camp & less inclined to, say, buy into the Save Our Democracy, Especially From the Russkies bullshit.

We'd need some frank luntz-style focus groups to find out why, and which, young people are attracted to kennedy but everyone (including me) thought from the jump it'd be low-info boomer libs supporting him out of kennedy nostalgia and the polling really hasn't showed that.

I fully admit this is just my surface impression and I'd love it if someone collected that info

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

World War Mammories posted:

(thinking deeply) lawl

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Oh yeah but I think Democrats care way more about destroying third parties than beating Trump.

I haven't seen them try to knock off libertarian candidates from the ballot over the last 50 years, but maybe it's happened.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I wonder if the Sierra Club lobbies against the green party with Dems, since they're all in the same bed.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Willa Rogers posted:

why would the trump anti-vax crowd choose rfk over trump? It doesn't make sense.

Operation warp speed comes to mind.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Jimong5 posted:

Operation warp speed comes to mind.

I think that's a stretch; I've heard of no anti-trump group or even individual voters opposing him for that reason; have you?

The rfk branding by dems is a great case study in how political echo chambers become so reductive & simplistic in their campaign coverage that campaign-propagated tropes become the accepted reality for voters, even high-info voters, because it's comfortable for them.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

comedyblissoption posted:

it's more likely trump is labeled antisemitic for ending the war

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

talk about a stretch!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

I haven't seen them try to knock off libertarian candidates from the ballot over the last 50 years, but maybe it's happened.

Libertarian ideology is too unpopular to ever be a threat so they have no reason to bother imo

Libertarians have a zero point zero percent chance of ever contesting the Dems' position as the alternative to Republicans since lolberts are Republicans pretty much.

I guess I should have said they care more about destroying third parties like RFK or the Greens who offer another alternative to Republicans than about beating Trump. They also don't care about other Republican clones like the Constitution Party etc

VitalSigns has issued a correction as of 20:01 on Apr 22, 2024

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yeah I don’t even have a bad joke for this. Eve can gently caress off

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Think this is her vision board because she's hoping the National Guard jumps in and goes Kent State on everyone.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Didn't more people vote libertarian in the swing states that hillary lost than green?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

Didn't more people vote libertarian in the swing states that hillary lost than green?

Trump wasn't entitled to right-wing splinter votes because he's a bad indecorous fart machine but Hillary was entitled to left-wing splinter votes because it was her turn

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

Maddow went on a whole long rant blaming third-party voters and she had to grant Hillary 100% of green votes AND 50% of libertarian votes to make the numbers work

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/RepDesposito/status/1782466785603719292

SID ROSENBERG!!!!!!!!!!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://x.com/Eve_Barlow/status/1782452279536218352

We did it!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

loquacius posted:

Maddow went on a whole long rant blaming third-party voters and she had to grant Hillary 100% of green votes AND 50% of libertarian votes to make the numbers work

I think I saw some news article or whatever recently say that Stein had a larger amount of votes than Trump's margin of victory in some states, and that has to be absolute bullshit especially since the Greens have been declining in votes since 2000.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

:eyepoop:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Israel must be vanished.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Charlottesville was the one where the nazi killed a lady with his car right

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Oldest Man posted:

Charlottesville was the one where the nazi killed a lady with his car right

Yes. Surprisingly, that Nazi got a life sentence for his crime. Meanwhile, Israeli Nazis run free.

gently caress you. Fartlow.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 20:29 on Apr 22, 2024

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1782489572657492239

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

Libertarian votes are the only reason Minnesota didn't go Trump in 2016

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Was American power always so bought by foreigners?

It's always been bought, but has it ever been so totally owned by this kind of loyalty to foreign nations?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

I think I saw some news article or whatever recently say that Stein had a larger amount of votes than Trump's margin of victory in some states, and that has to be absolute bullshit especially since the Greens have been declining in votes since 2000.

Some of the margins were very small so I could just about believe it, though there are counterexamples (like the Minnesota thing I posted), and also things like Wisconsin where something like four times her loss margin were people who were excluded due to the state's new voter ID law

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

he condemns the people who don't understand what he's doing is an unfortunate necessity

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

[paul f thompkins voice] what the gently caress

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Biden is so far gone I'm not sure he even knows what he's saying anymore. Handlers whisper responses in his ear and he's so senile that he messes them up between his pudding brain and his mouth.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 20:31 on Apr 22, 2024

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I condemn all the bad people.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's very weird and off-putting that he's basically unhinged posting about Israel in it's defense by Any Means Necessary. Does he even talk about Pennsylvania at this point or

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
look all you antigenociders. imagine what you want is a bus destination you can’t get to so you’re on a bus heading your way to genocide city instead and they are serving dinner and both choices are the same cat poo poo sprinkled with glass entree and saying no thanks is antisemitism

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

I can understand why a nazi would feel this way I guess

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

Yes but I'm not sure what you're getting at. You can't assign their votes as "belonging" to Republicans any more than you can for Greens and Democrats. Some people voted libertarian as a protest against Hillary and Trump, some people care wayyy more about weed than anything else. If they were banned Trump wouldn't get all their votes but sure he'd probably get some, probably more than Biden but hard to say.

Let me be a little more explicit about where we agree and disagree.

I agree with you that a few polls aren't enough to prove that RFK hurts Trump more than Biden. I tend to think he does but you're right that it's just my opinion and if we had more evidence it could prove me wrong.

I disagree with you that Dems would stop trying to ban RFK if he really is helping Biden. There are more important things to them than just beating Trump (for example: killing everyone in Gaza)

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Took me a few minutes of cross checking but the Biden admin is definitely only blocking ~ new ~ leases on ANWAR, not ending any existing ones.

so his dumbass statement of ending all drilling is just loving wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

FISSION MAILED