Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lammasu posted:

What does he live off of?

Disability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Sorry I meant to say the 12k he kickstarted to save old Wing Commander poo poo that even Chris Roberts didnt pitch in to help.

Then he never ppsted any of the stuff he bought except maybe like 1 screenshot of the boxes.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Lammasu posted:

What's wrong with the protagonist?

She's a woman with a jawline, as far as I can tell

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Sorry I meant to say the 12k he kickstarted to save old Wing Commander poo poo that even Chris Roberts didnt pitch in to help.

Then he never ppsted any of the stuff he bought except maybe like 1 screenshot of the boxes.

To be fair, I don't think any of the marks themselves complained and maybe 10k of the total was from that one character that was in for like 80k+ but escaped the 'verse to follow their dream of being an anime girl in the metaverse or something.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Trenchdeep posted:

She's a woman with a jawline, as far as I can tell

She looks normal and is as usual modelled on a beautiful actress. The analysis of chud sentiment seems to be that it's because she's not explicitly white. Which makes sense as the actress is Venezuelan.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone also did "bone structure analysis" and determined that she is trans or some poo poo though.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://packaged-media.redd.it/km7s...de175b851f8#t=0

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

when the catnip edibles kick in

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fidelitious posted:

She looks normal and is as usual modelled on a beautiful actress. The analysis of chud sentiment seems to be that it's because she's not explicitly white. Which makes sense as the actress is Venezuelan.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone also did "bone structure analysis" and determined that she is trans or some poo poo though.

She's a perfectly attractive woman but I guess because she isn't an aryan stereotype or whatever she was cast because of nefarious wokeness or whatever. It's all so stupid and exhausting to even hear about third or fourth hand.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

She's a perfectly attractive woman but I guess because she isn't an aryan stereotype or whatever she was cast because of nefarious wokeness or whatever. It's all so stupid and exhausting to even hear about third or fourth hand.

Yeah agreed.

Anyway I’d now like to speak on the topic of the Gender Politics of Warhammer 40K…

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I doubt ethnicity has anything to do with it because she isn't black (which would definitely trigger them) and the (hypersexualised) female korean character from Stellar Blade is very popular in chud circles, and most definitely not aryan. My guess would be not looking like a Victoria's Secret model and lack of a boob slider, leading us back into the woke conspiracy.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Asian women is accepted in chud circles as white women 2.0 because they are perceived by incels as more submissive.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Racial discrimination is actually illegal in the Stimpire, with rather severe punishments for offenders.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Racial discrimination is actually illegal in the Stimpire, with rather severe punishments for offenders.

Where can I sign up to deskeletonize gamergaters?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

Right, And perhaps players are playing wrong if they are doing that constantly where a 15 second difference becomes the complaint? Perhaps we're not meant to be skipping all over like it's going from one WoW zone to another?

And honestly, this should be put back on CIG - these trips from moon to planet in the same system are far too inconsequential... a planet to moon trip should take at least several minutes for precisely this reason.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

ah yes the most boring part of both WoW and elite dangerous

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Fidelitious posted:

Transvestigators are the worst of humanity.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I can literally not remember whether cig ever claimed that everyone in star citizen is going to have real DNA but I was going to make a joke about that.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

I can literally not remember whether cig ever claimed that everyone in star citizen is going to have real DNA but I was going to make a joke about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-p4ALbROUs&t=2100s

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Loan me some cpu time commander, I’m making an alt and my genome is loading slowly

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Fidelitious posted:

Oh to be clear I think she looks great. Hell, it's the first star wars title I've been interested in for a while.

Honestly I assumed it was just the deviation from standard model face, but being not as pale as a Victorian ghost-child is probably also a negative for them.

On topic though, wasn't sq42 supposed to be out by now?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Travel taking a while would be fine as a mechanic if you had something relevant to do other than stare at the blue light streaks.

I am not saying it is a GREAT idea, just saying you have to have some other tasks. A mini game of some type even (like I don’t know, you have to keep doing some kind of puzzle game to optimize your jump calculations that can also benefit you by going “faster”? Like having a tetris or wordle type game or something idk.)

I mean, poo poo that’s exactly what star wars does. Play space chess or train to be a jedi. Idgaf just not sitting in a chair like I already am doing IRL.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

yea in elite dangerous you basically use that time to do other things irl, play other games, watch tv, read a book. because theres no real interaction required

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
You will use that time to catch up on the news, as delivered by thousands of players who bought the News Van ship, which will be so engaging no one will ever check the actual internet. Then maybe you could have a soak in your ship's hot tub provided you answered the call enough. If your hunger meter is down, you could have your personal chef on the ship prepare a meal and a Hairy Roberts. Your chef is also a real player who failed to hold the line and his new purchase means spending years in indentured servitude. Someday he hopes to buy a ship with a hot tub like yours. Just another day in the 'verse.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
I quit Eve after figuring out it was getting in the way of my game playing...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Theres more to do in these forums than in Star Citizen

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Trenchdeep posted:

Oh to be clear I think she looks great. Hell, it's the first star wars title I've been interested in for a while.

Honestly I assumed it was just the deviation from standard model face, but being not as pale as a Victorian ghost-child is probably also a negative for them.

2016, answer the call commando!

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

HycoCam posted:

I quit Eve after figuring out it was getting in the way of my game playing...

Eve's a weird game in that the most enjoyable way to play it is to read up years later on what happened in game.

The actual moment-to-moment gameplay is 99% tedious busywork with the high points being when the rewards of your hours of tedious busywork are at risk.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Gort posted:

Eve's a weird game in that the most enjoyable way to play it is to read up years later on what happened in game.

The actual moment-to-moment gameplay is 99% tedious busywork with the high points being when the rewards of your hours of tedious busywork are at risk.

doesnt even sound good to me on paper tbh

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Eve has always been about the metagame.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

You play EVE for the game between people, not the game itself.

A sociopathic battleground of diplomats and liars.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Mellow_ posted:

You play EVE for the game between people, not the game itself.

A sociopathic battleground of diplomats and liars.

If I didn't want to play a game I could pay $334 per month for 12 years and enjoy Star Citizen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really love the universe of Eve-Online, but dont like the actual gameplay loops at all.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I really love the universe of Eve-Online, but dont like the actual gameplay loops at all.

:same: and honestly the entire player-base feels this way, too.

If anyone keeps playing it’s because of sunk-cost fallacy about 90% of the time.

The other 10% is FOMO during big wars.

Often those statistics also overlap.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dialhforhero posted:

:same: and honestly the entire player-base feels this way, too.

If anyone keeps playing it’s because of sunk-cost fallacy about 90% of the time.

The other 10% is FOMO during big wars.

Often those statistics also overlap.

Yep, which probably explains why CCP keeps trying to come up with new games based on Eve-Online. Their current going to fail project is a FPS extraction shooter in the Eve universe.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Isn't that because everyone's project these days is an extraction shooter with a different IP hat on it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fair point, extraction shooters are the big thing right now.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I will say some of the EVE gameplay loops, even the grinding ones were fun for me but that might be because Legend of Mir 2 broke me in the early 2000s and I never fully recovered. I have fond memories of my ship orbiting a rock at 130km while my drones furiously murder the rats, I could be talking to people or chatting or even watching something on another screen while making money and the combination of dope-rear end looking ships, cool sound effects and cool visuals was enough to give me happy brain.

I do understand what people mean when they say it's not engaging, but I guess back then a game didn't HAVE to be engaging 100% of the time. I was quite happy PvE grinding to make money, to spend on expensive toys that would get blown up in cool ways in PvP, the work/reward structure of that always made sense to me. But I get that that sort of game isn't for everyone (hence the extraction shooters mentioned above)

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 22, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

NtotheTC posted:

I will say some of the EVE gameplay loops, even the grinding ones were fun for me but that might be because Legend of Mir 2 broke me in the early 2000s and I never fully recovered. I have fond memories of my ship orbiting a rock at 130km while my drones furiously murder the rats, I could be talking to people or chatting or even watching something on another screen while making money and the combination of dope-rear end looking ships, cool sound effects and cool visuals was enough to give me happy brain.

You and I both. I enjoyed doing that stuff too in Eve. Just hated the part where enemies came into Goon space, so you had to sometimes run away.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

lobsterminator posted:

If I didn't want to play a game I could pay $334 per month for 12 years and enjoy Star Citizen.

:gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Trenchdeep posted:

Supposedly it's feature complete, but there's no release date yet