Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Mr. Kite posted:

Does the Finnish alphabet have like 12 letters?

Definitely a bit limited when it comes to consonants, but a solid variety of vowels. Also the guy is spelled Annunen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Georgiev was good last year and part of the reason why the Avalanche got him was because he was cheap and they were cap crunched. They also had Francouz who was very good in limited action but he had a career ending injury.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
It is ironic that the one time Matthews finishes the season healthy, Nylander (arguably their best postseason player to date) is injured.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
I stretched my arms behind my head after breakfast on Saturday and tweaked something in my back near a shoulder blade that's still making sleep difficult.

Amazing how a lifetime of watching hockey breaks your body down.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Nylander's been their only forward able to break through postseason defences because he's the only player on the team that likes to try converting off the rush, Matthews and Marner are easily coaxed into circling the boards to set up a cycle because Keefe's been coaching them wrong for 6 years. Boston is extremely good at stopping cycles and bad at defending the rush, so Nylander being hurt is particularly brutal.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Starsfan posted:

it's incredibly frustrating to me that this guy is objectively bad and whenever I watch him play anyone else he stinks the place out but against Dallas for years now he's Dominik Hasek's more talented clone.

Have the Stars players simply tried shooting the puck anywhere at the net? High chance it goes in if they do that

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Habibi posted:

I stretched my arms behind my head after breakfast on Saturday and tweaked something in my back near a shoulder blade that's still making sleep difficult.

Amazing how a lifetime of watching hockey breaks your body down.

the other day i shifted in my chair while working and threw my back out so bad i had to stay home for 3 days. i backpacked Banff last summer and am in decently good shape.

getting old loving sucks rear end and is a scam

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Georgiev brings out the inner Steve Dangle in me as his handling of the puck leads to so many goddamn defensive zone turnovers. Plus he always has to give up a soft goal or two before he can get his head in a game.

I think we'll see Annunen this series, but the Avs have been giving him really protected starts this year, so his numbers are not to be trusted, and he hasn't liked that good in relief of Georgiev's meltdowns.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Number19 posted:

time last night while no Canucks D had more than 18.

The Canucks balance defensemen by playing with no defensemen for several minutes of the game!

On the Saros thing, it definitely seemed like the Canucks started just shooting at the net as they came into the zone without screens after the first goal. Presumably figuring that if he let the first one in it was worth a go.

T.C. fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 22, 2024

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://x.com/friedgehnic/status/1782516123080048682

Humongous yikes.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eh considering the riff raff Buffalo has had coaching them over the past while Ruff might actually be an improvement there

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

hahahahahaha

the Atlantic division thanks you, Buffalo

Ginette Reno posted:

Eh considering the riff raff Buffalo has had coaching them over the past while Ruff might actually be an improvement there

he is probably an improvement over Granato, but that is not saying much at all

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It's going to be an abject disaster and a humiliating way for Ruff to end his career. I hope he's at least getting a big fat payday out of it.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Buffalo's 8th coach since their last playoff appearance will be just as good as the previous 7!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

THE IMMORTAL COACH

RUN DRILLS INTO INFINITY

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Begging any NHL GM to have an original idea or try anything new

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hahaha

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

When Lindy's done flaming out, Ted Nolan is still alive and in fact only two years older than Lindy. Just sayin'.

e: Barry Melrose is only a year older than Ted, but I think he's in real bad health

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kreuger just needs another chance!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

It would be difficult for Ruff to be worse than the last half dozen coaches Buffalo has employed, but I'm sure he will try.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

lol misspelling 2013 to 2103 seems oddly prescient

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
accounting for potential lockouts, what record do you think a coach would have over 106 years?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Working further down the list of ex-Sabres coaches, John Muckler is regrettably dead, and Scotty Bowman is alive but would just laugh and hang up on Pegula. Could give Ted Sator a try, he's only 74.

I had no idea before just now that Scotty Bowman ever coached the Sabres, dunno why, he coached them for like 7 years

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

When Lindy's done flaming out, Ted Nolan is still alive and in fact only two years older than Lindy. Just sayin'.

e: Barry Melrose is only a year older than Ted, but I think he's in real bad health
Barry Melrose's brief comeback where he tanked the Lightning and was trying to run a rookie Stamkos out of town the whole time was great fun.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
man that owns so hard

bring back keenan, nolan, hitch, etc do it all

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Ron Rolston, keep December 2025 open on your schedule!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Anyone thinking Ruff is any kind of an upgrade coaching wise is insane. He’s horrible, full stop.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

T-Bone posted:

man that owns so hard

bring back keenan, nolan, hitch, etc do it all

Why would Keenan want to quit his amazing job as *checks notes* coach of the Italian men's national hockey team?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I like Lindy and I'm glad he got another job. Hopefully he has success.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anybody hired Babcock yet?

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

riff, raff, ruff

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
gently caress it, bring back jacques. it's time for round 4

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

corn on the cop posted:

What's Larry Robinson doing these days?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

absolutely

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Oh I forgot to say it earlier, but grats canucks fans. If the Avs end up losing out in the west I'm rooting for ya'll

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Escape Goat posted:

riff, raff, ruff

lol

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

Begging any NHL GM to have an original idea or try anything new

Actually, the sabres need to Get Tougher and Play The Right Way

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Eric the Mauve posted:

I had no idea before just now that Scotty Bowman ever coached the Sabres, dunno why, he coached them for like 7 years

lol, same. Looks like that 7 year stretch was Scotty's longest cup drought.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Here lies matthews, he couldn’t score

Edit: heh

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Did I ever tell y’all about how Scotty Bowman went to my church growing up? He brought the Stanley Cup to church in 1998 when he won with Detroit but coincidentally that was the same time my family and I spent half a year in California and were out of town when he brought it. I honestly didn’t know much about hockey when I was 12 so :shrug:

Also the time he came into the bicycle shop I worked at to get his bike boxed up to bring to Florida with him. The guy had both of his arms in casts but was still driving around. I can’t remember how he even got the bike to the shop. We joked around that he wouldn’t even be able to ride the bike with his arms the way they were but he wanted it just in case. I ended up chatting with him about church because everybody probably talks to him about hockey. He’s a super cool and nice guy. Anyway when he came to pick up the boxed bike he tried to get us to put it on its side into the back of his expensive Mercedes but we opted to drive it to the UPS shop for him as a courtesy.

More recently, my sister was bringing my nephew to the same church and my nephew was chatting with Scotty after the sermon. He then went up to my sister and told her, “you know, he’s old enough to learn to skate!”