Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If not for the yakuza, we could've had Hogan in Pancrase. Then again, if not for the yakuza, I don't know if Japanese combat sport would exist as we know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Drakkel posted:

My other favorite quote from Hogan related to Japan: That time he claimed he wrestled 400 days in one year because he was flying to Japan and back so often.

he's right

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

idk why everyone is doubting the Hulkster when there’s photographic evidence of his MMA career:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

theres an andre the giant documentary where hogan says he wasnt sure if Andre was going to job to him at WM3 or go into business for himself, brother

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

theres an andre the giant documentary where hogan says he wasnt sure if Andre was going to job to him at WM3 or go into business for himself, brother

that one might have a hint of truth to it as I can absolutely imagine Andre loving with him like that in the leadup to the match

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

haunted bong posted:

idk why everyone is doubting the Hulkster when there’s photographic evidence of his MMA career:

He looks like a citizen of Innsmouth

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Diabolik900 posted:

Yep, from here, starting at 12:50: https://youtu.be/S3dFvNAYx6s?si=GZapO31g9bVn6Vrr&t=12m50s

The story also is about how he’s responsible for Simon Cowell coming over the US.

This is maybe my favorite one of his stories because there’s so much of it that’s so easily debunked my looking at dates and facts. Yet he just can’t control himself.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Shard posted:

He looks like a citizen of Innsmouth

the hulkamaniac look

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Angry_Ed posted:

Actually yes that was it. He claimed he accidentally killed (or almost killed) Inoki during a 1983 match, Inoki was revived by CPR, and afterwards Hogan had to flee the Yakuza

Love a good 'it was the yakuza' story. If the yakuza was as active as so many people claim it was, they wouldn't have to resort to stealing fruit these days.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
In his autobiography, Hogan claimed to have wrestled 400 days a year in Japan in the '70s.

He meant he crossed the International Dateline so often, he gained extra days.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dario the Wop posted:

In his autobiography, Hogan claimed to have wrestled 400 days a year in Japan in the '70s.

He meant he crossed the International Dateline so often, he gained extra days.

he did

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

they should keep bringing hogan onto these documentaries just let him lie more its the most entertaining thing about them

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they should keep bringing hogan onto these documentaries just let him lie more its the most entertaining thing about them

Cory Rhodes and Bryan Danielson watching a documentary about all of Hulk Hogan’s tall tales, asking themselves “Will I ever be as good as the old masters?”

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

muhammad ali leaning over and whispering "you're the greatest, hulk!" into hulk hogan's ear ftw

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Danielson worked so many dates in Japan that he broke Hogan's record. Rhodes didn't even find out who his biological father was until after Dusty died.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

He did that during one of those flights to and from Japan. Hogan was there for Ali/Inoki

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Endorph posted:

my favorite hulk hogan lie is that he thinks the montreal screwjob was shawn shoot outwrestling bret and pinning him. id have loved to see shawn try

while the crowd chanted bret screwed bret

also it was at wrestlemania

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Angry_Ed posted:

Is this the new version of the story he told about meeting a very ill Make-a-Wish kid, getting him a ticket for SummerSlam in Wembley (to see Hogan wrestle, of course), noticing the seat was empty during his match and thus realizing he died and that inspired him to write Hulkster in Heaven?

All of which happened despite the reality that Hogan didn't have a match at the Wembley SummerSlam, wasn't in the UK at the time, and wasn't even employed by the WWF at the time.
Yes, this is his latest version. That the kid smelled like death and then he died and also Michael Jackson was there: https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/h...e-united-states

So here's what makes the Hulkster in Heaven thing extra ridiculous: In the mid-'90s, when he was first talking about being inspired to write the song with Jimmy Hart and eventually promoting his album, he was very clear that it was inspired by the then-recent murder of James Bulger:

https://twitter.com/IANdrewDiceClay/status/1745085207005327814

https://www.nytimes.com/1995/02/14/style/chronicle-823295.html

Several years ago, Mr. Hogan said, the two men decided, "Now that we are household names, we bet we could sell records." The idea languished until they took a trip to England, where, Mr. Hogan recalled, he read about James Bulger, the 2-year-old who was abducted in 1993 by two 10-year-old boys and beaten to death.

"That story affected me so deeply that we wrote a song called 'Another Hulkamaniac in Heaven,' about this kid," Mr. Hogan said. "I was so happy with it that I wrote another 10 songs, including public service messages about drugs, rock-and-roll songs, Jimmy Buffett-type songs, funky beach-patrol songs."

So at least at the time, the story that's told in the lyrics wasn't supposed to be based in reality. It was explicitly fiction inspired by a high profile child murder in the UK. At some point, once the story wasn't recent anymore, Hogan changed it to the story in the lyrics being a real thing that happened that inspired the song. And then last year he amended it to the absolute insanity linked above that included "his body odor and stuff, it had a smell to it that I hadn't smelled in a while." All as part of a bigger lie about bringing Simon Cowell to America. The clip is well worth checking out because it's a dizzying series of rapid-fire lies over the course of a few minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3dFvNAYx6s&t=759s

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

want an icopro shirt

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

could hulk hogan tell a lie so big that even he didn’t believe it

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

could hulk hogan tell a lie so big that even he didn’t believe it

that doesnt work for him, brother

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

he told Bret he would get him back for doing the wrestlemania 9 deal. Thats the biggest lie ever and i dont think the hulkster belived it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"funky beach-patrol songs"

The inspiration for Thunder in Paradise no doubt.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

he told Bret he would get him back for doing the wrestlemania 9 deal. Thats the biggest lie ever and i dont think the hulkster belived it

“Yeah I’ll do a three match series with Shawn”

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Suplex Liberace posted:

want an icopro shirt

Don’t know if they ever plan on reprinting these or not, but https://stashpages.us/search?type=product&q=Icopro+

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

it was a bad smell, brother

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

davidbix posted:

"his body odor and stuff, it had a smell to it that I hadn't smelled in a while."
The Hulkster is familiar with the smell of death, first encountered in his youth. Or maybe he smelled it on Andre after he slammed him.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Or when he saw Vince Sr. piss blood and was the first to to discover he was dying of cancer.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Comparing “Tears In Heaven” to “Another Hulkamaniac In Heaven” is truly wild, I’d never seen that clip before. What an absolute madman. At least they both have being racist pieces of poo poo in common!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Just remember the one where Hogan claimed in high school he was, for some reason, asked to wrestle the school's amateur wrestling teams "Champion of Champions" and Hulk easily squashed him despite having never wrestled before in his life, and then beat the wrestling coach right after.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

Just remember the one where Hogan claimed in high school he was, for some reason, asked to wrestle the school's amateur wrestling teams "Champion of Champions" and Hulk easily squashed him despite having never wrestled before in his life, and then beat the wrestling coach right after.

Was this before or after he would, as a child, go to wrestling shows to watch Dusty Rhodes wrestle?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hogan is probably barely stretching the truth when talking about how much he enjoyed dusty (and murdoch and the great malenko) in high school since it all lines up pretty well. especially mentioning those guys all together since dusty and dick were the texas outlaws when working florida championship wrestling. at age 17 he called dusty and gave him the big finger point idea however

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Was this before or after he would, as a child, go to wrestling shows to watch Dusty Rhodes wrestle?

I guess it was on his days off when he wasn't scoring a 0.714 batting average in little league baseball, which is nearly double the highest batting average ever recorded in the history of the sport

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the hulkster wrestled for elvis in memphis brother years after elvis was already dead jack

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Drakkel posted:

lol

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Drakkel posted:

I guess it was on his days off when he wasn't scoring a 0.714 batting average in little league baseball, which is nearly double the highest batting average ever recorded in the history of the sport

He could never cut it in softball. That sport was mastered and ruled over by another man...

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Hulkster was scouted by and was begged to play for the Cincinnati Reds, dude. He didn't have time between Metallica band practice and PRIDE prize fighting, jack

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

hulk hogan was invited to shang tsung's island but turned that invitation down to wrestle in the first wrestlemania

whoscookinbacon
Apr 4, 2011

davidbix posted:

...."I was so happy with it that I wrote another 10 songs, including public service messages about drugs, rock-and-roll songs, Jimmy Buffett-type songs, funky beach-patrol songs."

I can't wait until the powers that be fully open up Prince's vault to find the albums and albums' worth of all the Purple One's funky beach patrol songs.

(and if Hogan is still alive, he'll claim he gave Prince the idea...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hogan tells the truth more than he lies.

People can't handle this particular truth.