Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the jimmy dore timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah, I get the vibe it's absolutely meant to be people going through the motions of suburban life as the world is visibly fraying around them, nuclear war is treated as a given inevitability, they're surrounded by increasingly shrill and aggressive jingo and basic necessities are getting more and more out of reach while fancy toys are dangled as distractions. The shallow facade is the point.

Wouldn't know anything about that...

:stonklol:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

comedyblissoption posted:

the jimmy dore timeline

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1782479793734512741

Thanks, buddy 👍

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

the jimmy dore timeline

What could have been...

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

correct as always sir

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Hamilton Radio
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28468/

The Broadway of Hamilton available on your PipBoy!

[ELIZA]
Helpless!
Hoo!

That boy is mine
That boy is mine!

Helpless! Helpless!
Down for the count
And I’m drownin’ in em

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PhilippAchtel posted:

Wouldn't know anything about that...

:stonklol:

Yeah I gotta admit I realised what was going on halfway through typing and decided to lean into it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah, no lies detected I’m afraid.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Count me as also reading those Hamilton lyrics in Worthless.

PhilippAchtel posted:

No, it's been implied that the US government assumed it must have been China, but there have been clues heavily implicating Vault-Tec for a long time.

I think it's safe to say this was always the canon interpretation, just hidden behind layers of in-game propaganda and historical revisionism.

Edit: A valid interpretation anyway.

And going by the hints China would be entirely justified in that there were literally American boots on the ground in Beijing.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Clip-On Fedora posted:

No, I would call ftv the moment the establishment successfully broke AOC and the squad. I don’t know what was offered or threatened, but ever since then they have have shown nothing but fealty to the establishment Dems.

I think you're misremembering the FTV stuff, because AOC never supported it (and I think most other Squad people ignored it). Her opposition to it was actually the main reason it blew up into something people talked about for a while in the first place.

So all the FTV situation did was force them to show their true colors, since they were presented with a situation where they had leverage, but they never had any desire to actually use it.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
The US had their chance with Vine. I remember people making fun of tiktok when it was new because it was trying to be like Vine.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Telluric Whistler posted:

Nerds can't settle for the cooler head canon that vault tec nuked the US itself and the rest of the world is fine.
necroing this discussion (sorry) but it would be such an amazing gag if Bethesda visits China in a future game and in the centuries since the nuclear exchange they rebuilt completely into a functional semi-industrial society just without easy access to oil but with the most advanced fusion tech in existence to compensate.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Tim Cain (in the membrane) has stated that the nukes were launched by China as a response to America’s biological weapons program creating and using the FTV virus.

Todd Howard and AOC, however, have retconned this.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Telluric Whistler posted:

Nerds can't settle for the cooler head canon that vault tec nuked the US itself and the rest of the world is fine.

the big reveal of Fallout London is Britain just looks like that

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
FTV did work, it forced the fraud squad to go on record as being against Medicare for all. Everyone else in congress was already a known hard no, the only question was the incoming hot shots pretending to be progressives.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ftv wasn't the squad's idea. rather, it put them on the spot because it was something they could do right then and there if they really were who they claimed to be. shocker, they were not.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Incredibly funny that they all immediately signaled they were clowns ready to succ by making their first act as congressmembers a vote to make Pelosi speaker again for 0 concessions after her disastrous failures the previous session. Right out the gate showing their whole asses.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Asproigerosis posted:

they were clowns ready to succ

thread title pls

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Correct

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Bernie looks like he’s wearing clown shoes

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

MadSparkle posted:

Bernie looks like he’s wearing clown shoes

This is Ipso Facto the case

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

is there any new evidence of this beyond what adrian zenz and the guys who think dead nazis were victims of communism have come up with?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Brrrmph posted:

lol

third party didn’t really matter. what lost it for Hillary is in democratic strongholds like Milwaukee County tens of thousands of people who voted for Barry in 2012 didn’t bother voting at all in 2016. she received 40,000 fewer votes in that county alone.

they voted. the votes were thrown out due to scott walker’s new law

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Willa Rogers posted:

cracking up he's using the "threat to democracy" angle.

he’s so good at this

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Willa Rogers posted:

cracking up he's using the "threat to democracy" angle.

it's a winning message

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

is there any new evidence of this beyond what adrian zenz and the guys who think dead nazis were victims of communism have come up with?

this guy Blinken who is one of the chief enablers of Israel's genocide in Gaza said so

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/POTUS/status/1782726109445996655

lol launched projects

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ebeggin1/status/1782192773879263330

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

He said this just before his trip to China

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

spacemang_spliff posted:

There is no evidence

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/larry_levitt/status/1782549444967170064

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mr Hootington posted:

There is no evidence

wow, the disrespect for are troops is off the charts

OSINT warriors are going out there every day marking up screenshots from google maps in mspaint. they’re putting their lives on the line when they patrol the google streetviews (remember to stretch and maintain good posture when using the computer)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nichael posted:

my new favorite Blue MAGA thing is doubling down on the cannibalism poo poo

lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

the jimmy dore timeline

A parallel universe where he solves the murder of Seth Rich

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

Lin-Manuel Turtle posted:

Tim Cain (in the membrane) has stated that the nukes were launched by China as a response to America’s biological weapons program creating and using the FTV virus.

I get it now, I never did 1 or 2. It seemed like they were pointing in all directions during F3, NV made it seem like a state did it since House missed his timing but then F4 Sells you pretty hard that Vault Tec top to bottom knew the timing, not the Enclave.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Mr Hootington posted:

There is no evidence

Uh excuse me there is that one screenshot of a prison that the CPC themselves shared online back from like 2010 and had nothing to do with Xianjiang. What more evidence do you need???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Lin-Manuel Turtle posted:

A virus to force the vote ... Diabolical