Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1782552493928460522?t=z992CJWppwApXylMRR6Btg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

just build a drat parking garage, jfc

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

just build a drat parking garage, jfc

that costs money and there was a shitload of empty Texas land

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Does this include duct taping the gear shift back onto the ceiling or...?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

your car being totaled after a minor fender bender means technically you didnt pay anything to repair it

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Tesla Cybertruck breaks in new, innovative way.

Honestly this article just summarizes the "whoops our windshield drive selector fell" off but it also uses the phrase incEl Camino and it make lol.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

:mods:

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Spergin Morlock posted:

that costs money and there was a shitload of empty Texas land

thats actually berlin :eng101:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
You can tell cause all the trees have a yellow hat on top

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Why are Teslas so expensive to maintain over time? EVs have half the moving parts of ICE vehicles. The 1-5 year maintenance should be a few tire rotations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://twitter.com/KIRO7Seattle/status/1782563835586474226

👀

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Tesla Cybertruck breaks in new, innovative way.

Honestly this article just summarizes the "whoops our windshield drive selector fell" off but it also uses the phrase incEl Camino and it make lol.

lol @ incEL Camino

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Tom Tucker posted:

Why are Teslas so expensive to maintain over time? EVs have half the moving parts of ICE vehicles. The 1-5 year maintenance should be a few tire rotations.

theyre bad cars op

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

There auto be a law

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It is spelled... not that way.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

jaws of lifing a cybertruck open to extricate a Tesla retard would be oddly satisfying

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
It really does all happen on X

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

HELP I bought a cybertruck as a birthday gift for wife and now she's leaving me??? Did she want the Model X instead?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Salvor_Hardin posted:

lol @ incEL Camino

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol, backing up my speculation that tesla drivers dont think rhey have to replace their tires or brakes

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/sensoryhourly/status/1781368141047566500?t=MVo15SbnyYPiBLjOhnrvOA&s=19

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
P▒O▒T▒A▒T▒O▒E▒S▒I▒N▒B▒I▒O

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

because you are long dead before year 2

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

What’s wrong, all very real people really excited about food

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Holy poo poo thread title immediately lmao

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/katyperry/status/1782623069825368377?t=ZUM1JGbe2rQW66Oq2IkQiQ&s=19

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lol

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

RIP Katy Perry

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

wow the only sizable OEM with an all electric product line that never has to repair an ICE engine or powertrain has the lowest maintenance costs, truly no one else can replicate this!

i love how they put the brightest light ever on her and tried to hide the vehicle lol

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

morningdrew posted:

RIP Katy Perry

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

wow the only sizable OEM with an all electric product line that never has to repair an ICE engine or powertrain has the lowest maintenance costs, truly no one else can replicate this!

i love how they put the brightest light ever on her and tried to hide the vehicle lol

most maintenance in that 1-5 year period is not brand-reliant, what that graph says is that tesla owners just dont have any maintenance performed. by 5 years you should have replaced all of your tires, your brake pads, your coolant, and any gear oil. minimum cost no matter the car is probably around 2k. teslas advertise as being maintenance-free so their drivers just dont know lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

most maintenance in that 1-5 year period is not brand-reliant, what that graph says is that tesla owners just dont have any maintenance performed. by 5 years you should have replaced all of your tires, your brake pads, your coolant, and any gear oil. minimum cost no matter the car is probably around 2k. teslas advertise as being maintenance-free so their drivers just dont know lol

lmao i love how its always dumber than my first thought hahaha

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Wow, I spent $300 more on my $15k Ford over five years than if I'd bought a $35k Model 3. I feel so owned.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Wow, I spent $300 more on my $15k Ford over five years than if I'd bought a $35k Model 3. I feel so owned.

When you factor in gas prices you've spent much more then that, and you should feel owned.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Every time I try to factor in gas savings with a newer, more fuel efficient vehicle I realize it's not worth it because gas honestly ain't that much compared to the cost of newer cars

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Mr. Sharps posted:

you just killed that guy with an oxytocin overdose

i'm still glowing :sun:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

morningdrew posted:

RIP Katy Perry

she deserves it

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

Every time I try to factor in gas savings with a newer, more fuel efficient vehicle I realize it's not worth it because gas honestly ain't that much compared to the cost of newer cars

yep, this is why going all in on BEVs is not a winning strategy yet. the increased upfront costs are significant and you need to be driving a lot to see any actual savings. too many americans do not have easy enough access to charging infrastructure yet. the market of people who have the income to pay the higher upfront costs, and drive enough to see gas savings, and live in an area with charging easily available, is just not big enough yet.

gas needs to jump to somewhere around $5 to start seeing the math be more favorable to BEVs

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

titty_baby_ posted:

When you factor in gas prices you've spent much more then that, and you should feel owned.

I don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
whats the gun manufacturer from borderlands with the guns that you throw away instead of reloading? thats tesla