Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Zodium posted:

edit: HAHA, I made the freaking nat 20 check (endgame spoiler)

of course you would :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Zodium posted:

loving these posts. owlbear cub is the best, I wish you could bring him along like scratch. :cheersdoge:

Wait, you can bring Scratch along?!

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Docjowles posted:

I always cheese Grym on honor mode because well, you can. And I’ve had enough problems with him on lower difficulties that I can’t be hosed to lose my run to that idiot. Hammer doing 0 damage despite being to my eyes well in its radius. People stepping in lava for no apparent reason. Oops I forgot to set opportunity attack to “ask” RIP to that melee character.

I know there are sound strategies for doing it legit. But I’m good thanks I’ll just be up here throwing poo poo from 500 feet above til he dies. Maybe once I have the gold dice I’ll try him for real.

…. Remembering that you can turn off opportunity attack would have helped a lot. And yeah I gave up on the hammer, figured it doing 0 dmg was on honor mode thing.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Major Isoor posted:

yeah he's a familiar

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Major Isoor posted:

After being friendly to him in camo for long enough, he'll give you an item called Scratch's Ball. Whoever has it in their main inventory (not in a pouch or bag) will get the Summon Scratch ability out in the game world.

Scratch can attack, though he's not great at it. He will alert you to buried treasure, which is useful if everyone fails their detection roll (you can manually pull out the shovel and dig in an area).

In combat, he can use the Help action, which is SUPER useful for lifting prone allies, extinguishing burning allies, waking sleeping allies, etc. If he "dies" he just goes back to camp and you can resummon him after a short rest.

The pro strat is to cast Sanctuary on him and have him run around helping up fallen allies.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Okay I looked on the BG3 wiki and didn't find anything so (late??? Act 1 spoilers, I guess):

i don't think I'd say that when a githyanki is standing five feet away

Am I going to miss out on anything massive if I just, say, let Lae'zel punch this lady to death like she wants? Everything about her disgusts me.

Speaking of Lae'zel, since I apparently don't long rest enough, the game went from [Accept Lae'zel's judgment?] to her trying to sleep with my character within, uh, 15 minutes of game time? Which comes off a bit weird unless she trust the Dream Guardian a bit more than she lets on, and she got blown off in lieu of other things anyways. sorry

[edit: i guess i don't need the same images twice on one page]

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Apr 23, 2024

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Okay I looked on the BG3 wiki and didn't find anything so (late??? Act 1 spoilers, I guess):

Am I going to miss out on anything massive if I just, say, let Lae'zel punch this lady to death like she wants? Everything about her disgusts me.

Speaking of Lae'zel, since I apparently don't long rest enough, the game went from [Accept Lae'zel's judgment?] to her trying to sleep with my character within, uh, 15 minutes of game time? Which comes off a bit weird unless she trust the Dream Guardian a bit more than she lets on, and she got blown off in lieu of other things anyways. sorry

yeah, other things

child trafficking lady dies every game. but get the cat's grace first.

edit: there is some minor act 3 content from going along with either way of resolving her quest, but I'll never see it.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Apr 23, 2024

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I just sell her the Owl Bear egg and glare at her as I walk by

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

shan't be selling owlbear cub's unborn sibling to the child trafficking lady

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

You could steal the egg back

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

demanding payment up front and then annihilating her is the objectively correct way to resolve the quest

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

yeah, other things

Lae'zel actually agrees that Githyanki are inherently violent and finds the alternative insulting. She's proud of being a born warrior. She still doesn't like the kidnapper lady, of course.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Zodium posted:

demanding payment up front and then annihilating her is the objectively correct way to resolve the quest

:haibrower:

Yeah gently caress that lady. She sells a lot of very good gear though so don't just chuck her off the extremely conveniently located cliff.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Do I have to romance Karach to get the ending where she goes to Hell with Well?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Do I have to romance Karach to get the ending where she goes to Hell with Well?

nope you and wyll can go full doom slayer with her as long as you complete her quest and fully upgrade her heart

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Eau de MacGowan posted:

nope you and wyll can go full doom slayer with her as long as you complete her quest and fully upgrade her heart

also Wyll can't be Duke

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

13 summons loaded with cloud giant and viciousness elixirs, mage armor, longstrider, freedom of movement and volatile shields, courtesy of my angelic slumber and reprieve potion hoards.

gonna hit them with oils of accuracy and universal resistance potions before going in. feeling ready for tonight's big battle.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Apr 23, 2024

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Zodium posted:

13 summons loaded with cloud giant and viciousness elixirs, mage armor, longstrider, freedom of movement and volatile shields, courtesy of my angelic slumber and reprieve potion hoards.

feeling ready for tonight's big battle.

:yeshaha:

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Zodium posted:

child trafficking lady dies every game. but get the cat's grace first.

Oh yeah, that got bought and thrown on punch-monk-Lae'zel almost immediately, and I grabbed the lightning staff and elemental momentum boots while I was there too. Lae'zel's still unnervingly flimsy, but she does ridiculous damage, gets several hits a turn, and has the haste helm plus unarmored movement so she can run about a billion meters a turn. And still has misty step, just in case. And I think she just got a thing that lets her do extra elemental damage on every melee hit. :black101: Anyways, child abductor lady gets to live a bit longer, simply because I'm currently entering the creche and don't want to walk back up to where she is. I think I still have the owlbear egg somewhere, so I guess I could give her that fun surprise, hmmmmmm

And because it's kind of a thing at this point...

is that the PLOT OF THE GAME I'm finally encountering? it would appear so! i'm not using illithid stuff on principle though, sorry

random bits from the cute tiefling party. poor astarion, he doesn't get it and the wine sucks.

oh, right, i should probably decide what character I like-like at some point, i was not expecting shadowheart to start growing on me

a very friendly bear-man, a very unfriendly lizard-man, and a very thirsty man in a silly hat

and lastly, some pictures that are just pictures (i really wish this game had free camera)

edit: i think i might have a problem, considering this is over the course of something like 12 days, and maybe 20 of those images are from other things. Though I just looked and apparently I've taken roughly 4,500 screenshots in FF XIV, so it's not a new problem.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 23, 2024

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

oh, right, i should probably decide what character I like-like at some point, i was not expecting shadowheart to start growing on me

Shadowheart as a character has some of the most authentic D&D player character energy I've ever seen, specifically the character you get when the player at the game table who always plays kind and heroic characters decides they're going to make a dark and edgy character and can't keep it up for more than about 5 minutes at a time after session 3 cause they feel bad for the NPCs. Then someone at the table reminds her she's supposed to be a cleric of Shar, so she makes a snarky comment about Selune worshippers and then goes right back to wanting to help save random strangers.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Playing a Shadowheart origin is interesting in that way because there's nothing really compelling you to be nice. There's more of an incentive to be bad but not much in the way of an actual character arc because her entire storyline revolves around her views being challenged by the player.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Reveilled posted:

Shadowheart as a character has some of the most authentic D&D player character energy I've ever seen, specifically the character you get when the player at the game table who always plays kind and heroic characters decides they're going to make a dark and edgy character and can't keep it up for more than about 5 minutes at a time after session 3 cause they feel bad for the NPCs. Then someone at the table reminds her she's supposed to be a cleric of Shar, so she makes a snarky comment about Selune worshippers and then goes right back to wanting to help save random strangers.

The interesting thing is even if she goes full Shar Mode, she still acts like that. I think her approval/disapproval should change based on her story choices, but I don't think it does.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Is there a way in the custom difficulty where the bosses get the honor mode abilities?

Basically I want honor mode difficulty but without the single save. I already got Foehammer, I don't need the save stress on future runs.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Floppychop posted:

Is there a way in the custom difficulty where the bosses get the honor mode abilities?

Basically I want honor mode difficulty but without the single save. I already got Foehammer, I don't need the save stress on future runs.

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/4743

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
I think if you just immediately get killed on purpose and choose to continue, that will also remove the save restriction while keeping the other Honour Mode settings.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Zodium posted:

gonna hit them with oils of accuracy and universal resistance potions before going in. feeling ready for tonight's big battle.

You probably know but just incase because I tried to have my cloud giant mage hand chuck the rune powder bomb for a comedy ending.

Your summons can’t fight the final phase the portal doesn’t let them in. So I had Lae’zel chuck the bomb instead

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Thuryl posted:

I think if you just immediately get killed on purpose and choose to continue, that will also remove the save restriction while keeping the other Honour Mode settings.

It's still single save

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

also Wyll can't be Duke

Both of these were true and it still didn't work for me

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
From what I understand about Wyll, if he doesn't become Duke and you finish his story to the point where he names himself the Blade of Avernus, he ends up going to Avernus for his own rampage, even if he doesn't go with Karlach. So if the player goes with her, I think Player and Karlach are doing their thing together, while Wyll is in Avernus too, but doing his own thing. Because at the party after my first run, Wyll was clearly talking like he's been in Avernus, but clearly hasn't been with Karlach and I for it.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

For Wyll I rescued his Dad and helped him break his pact, but then didn't do the thing with the dragon path. He did not end up going to Avernus or becoming the Duke, having lost his Warlock powers he became a Ranger on the Sword Coast and wanted to tell me about his cool adventuring at the party

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Lol the Emperor wont sleep with you if you havent gotten any tadpoles. I put the moves on him and he changed the subject.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

And people said there were no consequences...

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Finally this is the unique alternate path we wanted. Waiting for the Orphic Bone to be revealed now that you have maintained your purity.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Loel posted:

Lol the Emperor wont sleep with you if you havent gotten any tadpoles. I put the moves on him and he changed the subject.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Reported for hornyposting

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Finally got around to finishing Act 2. Hunger of Hadar really helped in that final fight. I can't believe that people do this solo on Honour Mode.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Ashcans posted:

For Wyll I rescued his Dad and helped him break his pact, but then didn't do the thing with the dragon path. He did not end up going to Avernus or becoming the Duke, having lost his Warlock powers he became a Ranger on the Sword Coast and wanted to tell me about his cool adventuring at the party

It's a shame you have to actively skip content to get that ending for him. I'm the sort of person that hates skipping quests or areas to explore, or big fun fights. I don't think I could bring myself to skip the Ansur fight. He still wanted to tell me about his adventures at the party, but it was his adventures in Avernus, instead.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

BlazetheInferno posted:

From what I understand about Wyll, if he doesn't become Duke and you finish his story to the point where he names himself the Blade of Avernus, he ends up going to Avernus for his own rampage, even if he doesn't go with Karlach. So if the player goes with her, I think Player and Karlach are doing their thing together, while Wyll is in Avernus too, but doing his own thing. Because at the party after my first run, Wyll was clearly talking like he's been in Avernus, but clearly hasn't been with Karlach and I for it.

they patched that, he now shows up in the cutscenes with both of you, his text at the party is the same though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Goa Tse-tung posted:

they patched that, he now shows up in the cutscenes with both of you, his text at the party is the same though

Uhh, evidently I missed out on some other requirement for this then, because I finished the game like... a week or two ago, and this did not happen. I didn't get the option for this.