Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

you're not an employee you're a contractor, that was your mistake. important distinction to hr/legal folks

this. re submit your application and say no you are not a current employee.

i have been onboarded several times from contractor to employee, this is just how it works. stupid system but what can ya do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

BONGHITZ posted:

bless their hooves

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I'm an Italian guy working in construction now

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

i was counter-whaling whoever was the piece of poo poo spamming thread with red texts at the time, out of my pocket, and the "free forums avatars" gallery i was copy-pasting everything from to beat the hooligan on the clock had the most insane mix of things possible

counter-whaling the established D&D mod "hunter"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

docbeard posted:

yuuuuuup

I may at the very least ask for ideas about how to navigate this particular labyrinth

there is an answer which is they could give you access to your workday login, but that would require someone in hr to do something which well good luck

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm apparently not able to edit or resubmit my application at all lol

Oh well, this is the sort of position that opens up a lot at this company so I'll know better next time

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

docbeard posted:

Yeah, there just wasn't a very clear way to indicate that. (I should possibly not try to apply for jobs when I'm only half awake, either.)

yuuuuuup

I may at the very least ask for ideas about how to navigate this particular labyrinth

they already support you in applying, I'm sure they'll help you figure it out and intervene if necessary

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

docbeard posted:

Oh well, this is the sort of position that opens up a lot at this company so I'll know better next time

dang, that's ridiculous. you should still ask how to be ready for it next time

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

they already support you in applying, I'm sure they'll help you figure it out and intervene if necessary

Yeah, I'm not completely giving upon the thing, I just have no ability to deal with poo poo at the moment at any level beyond "rant online about it" so I'm putting this on the 'deal with later' pile, which is bad for future job prospects but good for immediate sanity

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

docbeard posted:

Yeah, I'm not completely giving upon the thing, I just have no ability to deal with poo poo at the moment at any level beyond "rant online about it" so I'm putting this on the 'deal with later' pile, which is bad for future job prospects but good for immediate sanity

I hear you but the sooner you make noise about it the more you're gonna reinforce that you want it which will help you down the road. your call

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Wow

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

docbeard posted:

ask for an HR contact, they should be able to edit or at least re-open your application. one time i applied for a job and accidentally checked the "i will need visa sponsorship" button which caused me to get autorejected. i emailed the recruiter and they were able to fix it easily. sadly i did not get that job but i dont think that is why lol.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Also wow

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

I hear you but the sooner you make noise about it the more you're gonna reinforce that you want it which will help you down the road. your call

the hiring manager just knowing your name is usually enough to get you advanced to an interview lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

when you want to hire someone the thing you want the most is for it to go quickly with the least interaction with hr. if you already know the name of a candidate because theyre talking to you thats a bird in the hand

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Self-hating HR guy...

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

lol at raenir accidentally quoting someone instead of reporting them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Son of Sorrow posted:

Self-hating HR guy...

dont blame me i just touch the computers

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Where?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

it's such a good thread

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

speng31b
May 8, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

lol

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

ate an edible and went to a restaurant last night and ran into.my former classmate who works at the place I applied for and it kicked in right when they were talking to me and I felt so loving awkward and wanted to leave and when they were talking about the job I kept thinking "I'm not qualified for this in any way" and they mentioned how close they are with their boss and how they haven't heard anything about interviews yet

and then this morning I get an email asking me to come in for an interview next week

oh lordy

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Would the job involve the safety of other people? If not, your qualifications don't matter. Sounds like you've got an in.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Lib and let die posted:

it's such a good thread

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

I actually meant to hit the report button not the quote button. :sigh:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

External Organs posted:

Would the job involve the safety of other people? If not, your qualifications don't matter. Sounds like you've got an in.

No, but my work would be reviewed by 2 supervisors and a gang of lawyers, which is kind of scary

My current job has very very little supervision or oversight

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

good luck

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

about to have a job interview... godspeed to me, as well

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

titty_baby_ posted:

No, but my work would be reviewed by 2 supervisors and a gang of lawyers, which is kind of scary

My current job has very very little supervision or oversight

Money in the bag, titty baby

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

good normality to you

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

gl

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

i would create and sign an affadavit, certifying you aren't a tankie. send this to koos. then he can probe him for spreading misinformation and not providing sources.

they called me a tankie because i suggested that the US outright owns Japan and frequently fucks around with its political process

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

they called me a tankie because i suggested that the US outright owns Japan and frequently fucks around with its political process

Nobody cares please shut the gently caress up about this

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

What if I care

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

What if I care

you wont

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008