Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

At least the home team won. Imagine losing a toe for a game where your team lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

KDdidit posted:

Surely the Chicago Park District, guardians of the sacred soldier field grass, would keep Caleb safe in a new dome.

They switched from the sacred grass to the gay grass
Because flus.
King poles does it again

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

You know who has a dome in the nfc north and never wins a Superbowl?

That's right. The chicken poo poo lions and Vikings. Unlike the brave Packers and bears fans.

Chiefs fans getting amputations for winter football is just a minor blood sacrifice.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Chiefs fans dont know how to deal with cold is what im seeing.

Ive been to sub zero games and the worst thing that happened relating to the temperature is my beer froze over.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Skill issue

Canned Sunshine posted:

Just write it into the contract that the dome must be open for at least late regular-season NFC North games. It can be closed for the playoffs :getin:

Soldier Field is already closed for the playoffs.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/report-resolution-expected-soon-for-kirk-cousins-alleged-tampering-charges-vikings/

I will laugh and laugh if Kirk's big dumb mouth helps MIN get the next QB they want.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Chiefs fans dont know how to deal with cold is what im seeing.

Ive been to sub zero games and the worst thing that happened relating to the temperature is my beer froze over.

Having lived in both the Midwest and Phoenix, I will always prefer sub zero stuff outside over 115 deg and rear end-burning.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Bird in a Blender posted:

At least the city still owns the stadium instead of just handing a bunch of money straight to billionaires. Although Chicago is great at mismanaging the finances of their stadiums, so maybe we’d be better off just paying the money to the billionaires.

They'll lease it to the bears for 99 years for $1

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

brugroffil posted:

They'll lease it to the bears for 99 years for $1

Currently, the Bears pay $6.48 million a year. I hope the city would increase the rent if they're building a new stadium.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So what's happening in arlington heights

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

They're putting in a K-Mart. The McCaskey's have identified an opportunity in the market and this one is sure to pay off

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

HootTheOwl posted:

Halas hall continues to be shockingly good about not leaking anything, we'll just have to wait and see. I'm suspicious that Brandon Johnson thinks keeping the Bears in Chicago will be his electoral ticket and is going to let the CTA fall apart to pay for Virginia's crypt.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

In a surprise pivot, the Bears will sell their rights to the new lakefront property to the White Sox, and end up in Arlington Heights after all.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bears sell land to the White Sox and they move to Arlington heights become the new north north north side team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The bears will be playing at Northwestern's soccer stadium.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

The bears will be playing at Northwestern's soccer stadium.

Evanston Bears

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Bird in a Blender posted:

Currently, the Bears pay $6.48 million a year. I hope the city would increase the rent if they're building a new stadium.

it was a joke about how bad the parking meter deal was

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The lake is right there. Time to build an underwater stadium.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

HootTheOwl posted:

Bears are gonna tap into the modern pulse of retail economics and build Northbrook Court West

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/CEmma670/status/1782818992773534005

Maybe I'm being snowed, but I think this is genuine expectation-setting rather than a smokescreen. Going out on a limb and saying all the Murphy-to-Chicago scuttlebutt is off target and the conventional wisdom on the blue chippers will rule the day for the Bears. Odunze or Turner (or Nabers or Alt?) are the pick if they're on the board at 9

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Every single thing a football executive says between now and the draft is a lie.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

SirPablo posted:

The lake is right there. Time to build an underwater stadium.

Does Caleb Williams know how to do a Jecht Shot?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/CEmma670/status/1782818992773534005

Maybe I'm being snowed, but I think this is genuine expectation-setting rather than a smokescreen. Going out on a limb and saying all the Murphy-to-Chicago scuttlebutt is off target and the conventional wisdom on the blue chippers will rule the day for the Bears. Odunze or Turner (or Nabers or Alt?) are the pick if they're on the board at 9

Nah, his actions indicate this. A lot of the consensus is this draft sucks after the fourth round. Poles trading all his later picks for future picks and players means he probably feels the same way.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/RomeOdunze/status/1782810376842973364

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Dexo posted:

Evanston Bears

Is there a county or town in Illinois named Berenstain?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Abugadu posted:

Is there a county or town in Illinois named Berenstain?

The Barrington Bears

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gosh, Caleb, I'm flattered, but what will we tell Jared? :shobon:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1782905425689522654

Please just fast forward to Thursday and give this to me I need it

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

You say that as if you haven't already lost your mind being a fan of the Bears.

Also your tax money has been going to the Bears for probably like 30 plus years now

Doesn't the city still owe half a billion on the disastrous renovation of Soldier Field?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Doesn't the city still owe half a billion on the disastrous renovation of Soldier Field?

yeah but in the bears defense that's mostly on the city.

Those dumbasses just kept lowering the payments where they are essentially just paying interest.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

City of Chicago is using credit cards to make other credit card payments.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Also how loving broke are the McCaskeys if they want a public stadium? Wouldn't owning a large stadium in the suburbs be a nice asset with the Bears? I get how cheapass owners in smaller markets beg for public financing, but it feels like you should be able to turn a profit on a private stadium in the Chicago area. It's like the only major city without a venue for big events and you'd clean up with a restaurant/shopping district next door.

Those losers just need to sell.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

And that 734m doesn't count the initial 200m the city chipped in, nor the 200m from the Bears

I'm gonna lose my mind tomorrow

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 24, 2024

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Also how loving broke are the McCaskeys if they want a public stadium? Wouldn't owning a large stadium in the suburbs be a nice asset with the Bears? I get how cheapass owners in smaller markets beg for public financing, but it feels like you should be able to turn a profit on a private stadium in the Chicago area. It's like the only major city without a venue for big events and you'd clean up with a restaurant/shopping district next door.

Those losers just need to sell.

I think literally 27 of the NFL teams, rent or have their stadium owned by the city/county/sports commission or whatever of the state they live in.

There are only like maybe 4 owners in the NFL who could afford to develop all that loving land without massive amounts of state/city help.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

I think literally 27 of the NFL teams, rent or have their stadium owned by the city/county/sports commission or whatever of the state they live in.

There are only like maybe 4 owners in the NFL who could afford to develop all that loving land without massive amounts of state/city help.

The Bears are worth like $7 billion. There should be no reason they can't finance a stadium with the equity they have.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

In a surprise pivot, the Bears will sell their rights to the new lakefront property to the White Sox, and end up in Arlington Heights after all.

This would be perfect, it wouldn't change the traffic at all in Arlington Heights :smugbert:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

The Bears are worth like $7 billion. There should be no reason they can't finance a stadium with the equity they have.

They can build the stadium, it's everything else they wanted in Arlington Park.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

They can build the stadium, it's everything else they wanted in Arlington Park.

Seems like a billionaire problem. Not a dime should go toward their stadium.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has anyone in Chicago mentioned that it's a huge pain in the rear end to get to the games in that location? I get the idea of them leaving Chicago bothers people but it'll be so much more convenient in Arlington Heights. They can revamp Soldier Field as a smaller venue and still host concerts and other events. But a dome stadium does not below on the lakefront.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

:lol: Story just dropped. City of Chicago to give the Bears $2.3 billion. gently caress this city and gently caress Brandon.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/2024/04/23/skeptics-await-details-of-chicago-bears-lakefront-stadium-plan/