Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

What is this "King of the Ring"? They are pushing a Gunther & Imperium vs New Day angle for it.

The origins actually start with a women's wrestling tournament held in the Wu dynasty to crown a queen of grappling.

Just Google, "China, queen of the ring" for more details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
So ~*~*~respectful~*~*~.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

maybe giving goofy gimmicks to good wrestlers is not in fact setting them up for success

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Remember when Steve Austin walked around with a crown and scepter like a stupid rear end in a top hat for a whole year?

Hm? Oh he didn't do that because he's not stupid? That's right.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

JUNGLE BOY posted:

maybe giving goofy gimmicks to good wrestlers is not in fact setting them up for success

"cameron grimes, dogecoin millionaire" is a gimmick that will reverberate throughout history, ill have you know

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

More interested in Pamela Anderson being in this. Her documentary was really great and eye opening and she just seems like a good person. (cue seeing a story in 12 hours about 400 horrible things she’s done)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Didn't that dude just kind of vanish the moment he got called up? Like, they didn't do anything with him.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

shiksa posted:

"cameron grimes, dogecoin millionaire" is a gimmick that will reverberate throughout history, ill have you know

That was the gimmick? Lol

Rhonne posted:

Didn't that dude just kind of vanish the moment he got called up? Like, they didn't do anything with him.

I looked it up and he had one 6 second match against Corbin on Smackdown after the draft

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Cameron Grimes getting rich off of the GameStop stock was probably the most savvy and on-the-pulse thing WWE has done in recent memory. It was pretty funny. But he can do so much more and had such a higher ceiling.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Dexter Lumis better not answer his phone.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I loved when he turned heel in PWG by becoming big money trev because he was on TNA.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

shiksa posted:

its wild how hoot never watched wrestling before like 2 months ago and yet somehow seems fully-steeped in terminally online fedbrain takes about aew

anyway hes really annoying
watching 12 hours of wwe programming a week, to own a handful of people on a dead comedy forum

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Dexter Lumis better not answer his phone.

some consultant is trying to reverse image search all the faces on hhh’s gauntlet

https://x.com/AJFrancis410/status/1558981852052029440

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Trevor Lee is great and would be wonderful in ROH.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tony Khan can now win the wrestling viewership war once and for all by getting Jeff Jarrett to lean on Taylor Swift

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

History Comes Inside! posted:

Tony Khan can now win the wrestling viewership war once and for all by getting Jeff Jarrett to lean on Taylor Swift
I think it would be funny because WWE fans would start complaining they stole the idea from WWE because some NXT midcarder was tweeting at her a year ago

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Ok the video won’t load so I had to log into Twitter to see it, and geez Trevor you don’t gotta talk like this. I’m sure you’re sad you’re out of a job but WWE brass doesn’t care about you.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

a dumb moron posted:

Ok the video won’t load so I had to log into Twitter to see it, and geez Trevor you don’t gotta talk like this. I’m sure you’re sad you’re out of a job but WWE brass doesn’t care about you.

it’s always devastating when your family fires you

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

fare thee well, store brand happy corbin

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Having the ability to be that positive during what's clearly a very personally devastating experience is pretty awesome, I'm really jealous of his mindset.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

JUNGLE BOY posted:

it’s always devastating when your family fires you

I just hope it’s not him trying to angle his release the way Spud did because that was so tacky.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't know why so many people go into wwe and are tricked into thinking the company cares about them to the point where they really start thinking of wwe as a family.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dirty Dom has an actual arm injury and will be out for an unknown amount of time.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I cannot wait for the return of Trevor Lee let's gooooooooooooooooooo

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Cameron Grimes would have been Vince’s favorite gimmick since R-Truth

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Shard posted:

I don't know why so many people go into wwe and are tricked into thinking the company cares about them to the point where they really start thinking of wwe as a family.

Everyone is susceptible to cults

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shard posted:

You spend all your time being indoctrinated while kept tired from managing your own travel on top of working and isolated from any family or friends that aren't also working for the company. Seems pretty easy to fall into with all that against you.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

a dumb moron posted:

Everyone is susceptible to cults

Especially when there is the in house NXT QAnon prayer group.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Plus your day job is to take drugs and get hit in the head

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

What is this?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MassRafTer posted:

He’s still there?? I thought he got fired!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Why do all these guys who marked out hard enough for WWE programming when they were kids that they wanted to grow up to be wrestlers have strong feelings about WWE? Hard to say.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

What is this?

An in-house NXT QAnon prayer group, its pretty self-explanatory

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

TinTower posted:

So ~*~*~respectful~*~*~.

https://twitter.com/wiretaup/status/1782813226176020694

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

What is this?

A lot of the NXT guys are QAnon following evangelicals and hold prayer groups.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Why do all these guys who marked out hard enough for WWE programming when they were kids that they wanted to grow up to be wrestlers have strong feelings about WWE? Hard to say.

skill issue. i grew up with wcw, the better company

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Mr Hootington posted:

Dirty Dom has an actual arm injury and will be out for an unknown amount of time.

Couple goals

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Gumball Gumption posted:

A lot of the NXT guys are QAnon following evangelicals and hold prayer groups.

https://twitter.com/WWEFrazer/status/1652730513092669440?t=gjp-iw-tF6biPRAuzVREkQ&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Good for him.

He is pretty entertaining to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

What does someone getting baptized have to do with Q Anon?

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 23, 2024