Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

palestinian protesters beat this woman's face into unrecognizability, it's now a lumpy mask of bruises and plastic surgery disast......hold on im getting a note

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

But I remember people like this during Obama's second term so I don't think it's that new, just increasing and getting worse as the party and government in general hollows out. Your two choices are to stop believing or start believing with the most belief you've ever had.
At least Obama was a historic first and had what some people called charisma.

(The other option for not-quite-disillusioned centrists was to go all-in on hoping that tech billionaires would save the world. That seems to have largely faded since they don't do anything for anybody besides selling luxury products, and the stupidity of Musk in particular was hard to ignore. I imagine he spoiled some other rich people's hopes for establishing a popular cult.)

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Halloween Jack posted:

At least Obama was a historic first and had what some people called charisma.

(The other option for not-quite-disillusioned centrists was to go all-in on hoping that tech billionaires would save the world. That seems to have largely faded since they don't do anything for anybody besides selling luxury products, and the stupidity of Musk in particular was hard to ignore. I imagine he spoiled some other rich people's hopes for establishing a popular cult.)

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

Lawmakers in California want to double the penalty for protesters who block highways.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/22/double-fines-protesters-california-00153778

a protest that can even be seen from a roadway could slow down thousands of organ transplants. people should be able to protest, but they have to go about it the right way.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

tristeham posted:

i wonder how much usaid money malala is getting

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My favorite part of this is the "perhaps illegally"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That Remembering Reagan comic, but it's AOC and all the panels are of various left-liberals/anarchists/etc.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

My favorite part of this is the "perhaps illegally"

He's a wordsmith.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i want to hug and kiss turmp (gayly)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Oberststurmfuhrer Stancil

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Lin-Manuel Turtle posted:

Tim Cain (in the membrane) has stated that the nukes were launched by China as a response to America’s biological weapons program creating and using the FTV virus.

Todd Howard and AOC, however, have retconned this.

I watched his review of the show and he seems to really like it and doesn't seem at all bothered by what Bethesda or Amazon changed, like how a healthy well-adjusted individual would be. It was refreshing.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JazzLikesToGame/status/1782388752175804434?t=jRbxCSdg90DU6B9XRolRNg&s=19

🥰🥰🥰👏👏👏😍😍😍

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

outer worlds was better than starfield at least

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
i've heard good things about the show from people who are really passionate about the series. haven't checked it out yet though

cheapshark says a bunch of places have Outer Worlds on sale for like 15-20 bucks rn. it's pretty good! def a recommend from me too. sometimes it feels too... fun-housey, but that's unavoidable given the limited scope of the game they were trying to build

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the succer worlds

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if you like boring garbage, give outer worlds a play!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

i thought outer worlds was cool but then i remembered i was thinking of outer wilds, outer worlds sucked rear end

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nichael posted:

The world is on fire.

oooh! ill get some skewers and marshmallows (which have not been affected by inflation because of joe r biden ❤️❤️❤️❤️)

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The Oldest Man posted:

i thought outer worlds was cool but then i remembered i was thinking of outer wilds, outer worlds sucked rear end

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

What about the median American, Will

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

SixteenShells posted:

i've heard good things about the show from people who are really passionate about the series. haven't checked it out yet though

finished it a couple days ago. was a bit down on episode 7, but then the finale pulled it together real well, I thought. enjoyed it quite a bit! walton goggins was a delight. unfortunately it was made by perfidious todd and thus must be brutally destroyed

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

At least move on from How to Lie With Statistics 101, mean/median shenanigans are loving tired

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Phone posted:

oooh! ill get some skewers and marshmallows (which have not been affected by inflation because of joe r biden ❤️❤️❤️❤️)

has joe biden told us how many cents he saved us on the cookout this summer yet

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Idk man the fallout show is good but the franchise is clearly unable to consider anything outside of its premise. fallout 2 and van buren were explicitly designed to show a growth of civilization in the wasteland but that's too complicated for Todd so they just reset everything over and over again

E: wait this isn't the video games thread this is the succ thread I've been bamboozled

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

literally

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The Oldest Man posted:

At least move on from How to Lie With Statistics 101, mean/median shenanigans are loving tired

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1750248987909640284

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Grapplejack posted:

Idk man the fallout show is good but the franchise is clearly unable to consider anything outside of its premise. fallout 2 and van buren were explicitly designed to show a growth of civilization in the wasteland but that's too complicated for Todd so they just reset everything over and over again

E: wait this isn't the video games thread this is the succ thread I've been bamboozled

"This was supposed to be a series about the wild world that emerged from the ashes of nuclear fire, Bethesda thought it was about the ashes."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8U4k2Ik6yk

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Grapplejack posted:

If it wasn't about people trying to scratch a living out of a blasted wasteland, it wouldn't be Fallout anymore

It would be, like... Civilization

Or Simcity

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Al! posted:

has joe biden told us how many cents he saved us on the cookout this summer yet

ironically probably more than the 16 cents they bragged about in 2021, but uh hahahhahahhahahaha

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

want to shove this guy in a locker so bad

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
don’t shove

Vote!

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

tristeham posted:

i wonder how much usaid money malala is getting

hopefully enough to offset the trauma of getting shot in the head

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

lifetime bitch probably hasn't even invented a new opaque aggregate metric to lie with

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It annoys me when a post-apocalypse is set centuries in the future but people are still living like it's the post-apocalypse. Where are they even getting corrugated sheet metal to roof their filthy shanty town? You can build better houses out of sticks and mud! The only counterexample I can think of is See, which had a totally silly premise!

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

i'm sure he took many grad level stats classes in his *check notes* modern history degree lolol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Maed posted:

i'm sure he took many grad level stats classes in his *check notes* modern history degree lolol

he's even lying with the statistic "postgraduate degrees I have received"

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1781120448186462407

emphasis mine, in light of the current and on-going prosecution of dissidents, up to and including just today
the jailing of dissidents keeps happening, a cautionary preview of trump's re-election
https://twitter.com/anthony_xvx/status/1782770823884898627

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Al! posted:

palestinian protesters beat this woman's face into unrecognizability, it's now a lumpy mask of bruises and plastic surgery disast......hold on im getting a note

https://twitter.com/Iron_Spike/status/1158971939072937984

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Maed posted:

its probably worse, that pencil is the kind of shithead who thinks the humanities are bad and only through the purity of economics-like statistics can history become a "valid" field of inquiry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Maed posted:

its a masters, so phd flunky