Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

It annoys me when a post-apocalypse is set centuries in the future but people are still living like it's the post-apocalypse. Where are they even getting corrugated sheet metal to roof their filthy shanty town? You can build better houses out of sticks and mud! The only counterexample I can think of is See, which had a totally silly premise!

I agree.

Like, it's been 200 years. Maybe we can move the dusty skeleton out of the corner? Sweep up the rusted cans and empty soda bottles that have been there since before we were born? We can't keep blaming the apocalypse for our messiness!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

It annoys me when a post-apocalypse is set centuries in the future but people are still living like it's the post-apocalypse. Where are they even getting corrugated sheet metal to roof their filthy shanty town? You can build better houses out of sticks and mud! The only counterexample I can think of is See, which had a totally silly premise!

There will be an effectively infinite supply of poo poo like rusty corrugated sheet metal in construction sites and dumps when 8 billion people get reduced to a few hundred thousand overnight

what other things are probably going to be in infinite supply

porcelain fixtures
really anything relatively robust that's made out of ceramic like dishes; going to be plenty of dishes
stainless utensils, probably be plenty of those floating around
plastic bags, the really thick awful ones particularly that are tough enough to resist mechanical damage
anything made out of metal generally unless you care that it's all corroded and rusted scrap-quality garbage
anything made out of pvc if it's buried, like you will stop finding usable pvc poo poo on the surface after a couple decades because of uv degradation but you'll find usable pvc pipe underground for centuries

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I agree.

Like, it's been 200 years. Maybe we can move the dusty skeleton out of the corner? Sweep up the rusted cans and empty soda bottles that have been there since before we were born? We can't keep blaming the apocalypse for our messiness!

The original creators understood that lived in spaces would be maintained. Bethesda has people running road side diner shops with no trade partners, no beds, and pre-war skeletons sitting in the booths.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Outer worlds was a little too joss whedony for me

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Sanlav posted:

I was ready to argue there's no way Fallout fans could think that.

Then I read some "Fallout Did Vault-tec start the Great War" posts going back years on reddit. Everyone thinks it was China. 100 people saying it's obvious if China was losing they'd nuke us so we'd have to nuke them first for every 1 "lunatic" arguing Vault-tec had the motivations.

:doom:

Was China even really losing the War? Like America says it was and they get pushed out of Alaska, but the United States is a fascist hellscape so why people wouldn't see it as propaganda is beyond me. My understanding was that the war was provoked by the faction that would become The Enclave and Vault-Tech or maybe just nebulous big business

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
cheering because i found a vast plastic deposit outside of town. there's (refined) oil in them hills!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
come to the succ thread for the same 3 stale complaints you've heard about bethesda fallout games a million bajillion times now

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

come to the succ thread for the same 3 stale complaints you've heard about bethesda fallout games a million bajillion times now

it really has taken over every thread

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

im simply not going to watch the fallout show

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

comedyblissoption posted:

the jailing of dissidents keeps happening, a cautionary preview of trump's re-election
https://twitter.com/anthony_xvx/status/1782770823884898627

i hope will stencil is ok :ohdear:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Nichael posted:

America is doing no favors to Jewish people by conflating "loving genocide" with said identity. It confuses the issue and it will predictably create actual anti-semitism.

They don't care as long as young voters shut up about Gaza and start protesting Trump like they're supposed to

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
tbh i have the mental energy for one tv show and a time and dungeon meshi is still airing. maybe i'll see you in a few years, fallout

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

gently caress that Elizabeth Warren-rear end game I would gladly take Starfield over that bullshit

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 19:07 on Apr 23, 2024

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

KomradeX posted:

Was China even really losing the War? Like America says it was and they get pushed out of Alaska, but the United States is a fascist hellscape so why people wouldn't see it as propaganda is beyond me. My understanding was that the war was provoked by the faction that would become The Enclave and Vault-Tech or maybe just nebulous big business

Tim Cain said that China nuked the US because they found out that we were about to engage in biological warfare with the FEV virus.

"Vault-Tec dropped the bombs to make their stock price go up" is a Todd Howard approved retcon that makes no loving sense in typical Bethesda fashion.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
me anticipating the 4th fallout game 10 years ago, reading complaints about the series: wow fans of the original fallout games are really passionate about the ways that 3 and New Vegas are flawed and misunderstand the world. guess I'll have to give the first two a try.

me now, hearing about how skeletons should have been picked up by now for the umpteenth time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCjBspxuUmU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Bishyaler posted:

Tim Cain said that China nuked the US because they found out that we were about to engage in biological warfare with the FEV virus.

"Vault-Tec dropped the bombs to make their stock price go up" is a Todd Howard approved retcon that makes no loving sense in typical Bethesda fashion.

actually it was the Zetas who pushed the button

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

SixteenShells posted:

i've heard good things about the show from people who are really passionate about the series. haven't checked it out yet though

cheapshark says a bunch of places have Outer Worlds on sale for like 15-20 bucks rn. it's pretty good! def a recommend from me too. sometimes it feels too... fun-housey, but that's unavoidable given the limited scope of the game they were trying to build

well I have a sickness where I'm compelled to watch reaction videos and everyone seems to really like it gamer or nongamer.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Jen heir rick posted:

well I have a sickness where I'm compelled to watch reaction videos and everyone seems to really like it gamer or nongamer.

have you sought help ?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

im simply not going to watch the fallout show

you're missing out. It's pretty good.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

hooteh...

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Grapplejack posted:

Idk man the fallout show is good but the franchise is clearly unable to consider anything outside of its premise. fallout 2 and van buren were explicitly designed to show a growth of civilization in the wasteland but that's too complicated for Todd so they just reset everything over and over again

E: wait this isn't the video games thread this is the succ thread I've been bamboozled

Old World Blues and Lonesome Road really beat you over the head with the idea the Old World is dead and a new world is emerging but old world simpletons like Todd cant understand that

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I Don't Want to Set the World on Fiiiiire

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

have you sought help ?

I'm on a lot of different meds, but nothing seems to work.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bishyaler posted:

"This was supposed to be a series about the wild world that emerged from the ashes of nuclear fire, Bethesda thought it was about the ashes."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8U4k2Ik6yk

bethesda has been running the franchise longer and have put out twice as many games as interplay.....so maybe interplay never understood the fallout franchise

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

:ohdear:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
By November every CSPAM poster will have self radicalized in to voting for Trump and also converting to Islam.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fallout is germane to this thread because the NCR is run like a blue state

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

democratic party is far, far more committed to genociding palestinians than to keeping donald trump out of office

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Thoguh posted:

By November every CSPAM poster will have self radicalized in to voting for Trump and also converting to Islam.

i will never vote.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

bethesda has been running the franchise longer and have put out twice as many games as interplay.....so maybe interplay never understood the fallout franchise

simple as

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

just remember who the dems actually love haley who is an even bigger right winger than trump

their entire hatred of trump is lack of decorum

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the purpose of a Fallout is what it does

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thoguh posted:

And they'll still largely just be posting about loving fallout .

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Nothus posted:

They don't care as long as young voters shut up about Gaza and start protesting Trump like they're supposed to

yeah thats ultimately the thing, this was supposed to be the season of the Trump Trial, where everyone was going to get mad at him again for jan 6, hold protests outside the courthouse showing how much they hated the orange man bad etc. instead everyones mad at biden for the lovely economy and unwinnable wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

by november this year ansar allah and hamas will be running the white house