Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
join date of 2004 is a long starting to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It is st georges day. I know this because of the 800 whatsapp forwards from former colleagues telling me that it is now illegal to celebrate st georges day. Happy birthday/deathday to big will shakespeare

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Going to kill a dragon and eat a kebab

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
who do youse think is the best OUT OF

• wills & kate
  • harry & meg
  • charly & carmella ?????????????
:holy:

crispix fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Apr 23, 2024

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
michael and michael

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
never mind I just read the "controversy" section on Princess Michael's wiki page lol

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

never mind I just read the "controversy" section on Princess Michael's wiki page lol

yikes

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
She’s a classic old school royal she is

(Inbred and racist)
If you want yikes click on her dad

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Massive racist but also a big teller of truths

:hmmyes: posted:

She went on to say that Charles, Prince of Wales, was "jealous" of his former wife's popularity, and that he had effectively married a "womb".[37] She also added that the Prince's Duchy Originals jams were not homemade: "He's got factories. It's just got his name on it."[37]

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
WAITROSE NO

Next you’ll tell me he doesn’t lay all those Duchy Original eggs himself

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

His stuff isn't even that good

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

kids preschool just sent out a message saying that to mark st georges day, the children are going to spend the afternoon in the garden chasing the dragon

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

kecske posted:

kids preschool just sent out a message saying that to mark st georges day, the children are going to spend the afternoon in the garden chasing the dragon

School has change a lot since I was there.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I think deep down we all knew Charles didn't make the Dutchy jam in his kitchen.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dysgenesis posted:

I think deep down we all knew Charles didn't make the Dutchy jam in his kitchen.

I thought his hosed up hands were due to a mangling at the cannery

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Any Turkish dragonslayer comes near my kids I swear I'll do time

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Thread’s a bit slow. We need a real quantity over quality poster to prime the pump

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Strategic Tea posted:

Haven't seen Galewolf for a while

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Gasmask posted:

Thread’s a bit slow. We need a real quantity over quality poster to prime the pump

He's still sulking. Give him time.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Strategic Tea posted:

Don’t know about dragonslayers but I know someone who spends a lot of time in Turkey and is good with their hands

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Gasmask posted:

Be the change you wish to see in the thread.
-kurt cobain

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Solefald posted:

Went to east London today and it was nice. Did some axe throwing and then played boardgames and ate a burger but because it was Sunday they didn't have wedges or fries to go with the burger and instead just served you roast potatoes with a jug of gravy, phwoar.

Was that the axe throwing place near hackney wick by any chance? I've not been to that one, was it any good?

Edit: see you was at hackney wick!

Also, Rule Zero is one of my spots! I pop in regularly when I'm walking the dog there. The staff there are great and love the dog. We've never played a boardgame there though yet.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Yeah it was that one. Was super fun and deffo worth giving it a go if you've never tried it before.

Yeah, Rule Zero was deffo the best board game café we've been to in London so far. Perfect blend of everything I like in a place! I didn't actually see what the game collection was like though, was too busy munching away on a burger while the others had a browse lol

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Microplastics posted:

He's still sulking. Give him time.

I ventured into the bad thread to see what happened to 99 and gently caress me I'm not going back in there.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Dysgenesis posted:

I ventured into the bad thread to see what happened to 99 and gently caress me I'm not going back in there.

wise

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Done a Tesco online shop and they're advertising a special offer on 4 pack of beans & loaf of bread as a "meal deal"

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Done a Tesco online shop and they're advertising a special offer on 4 pack of beans & loaf of bread as a "meal deal"

That's right

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
it's only proper on St George's day to promote the national dish

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Also, Rule Zero is one of my spots! I pop in regularly when I'm walking the dog there. The staff there are great and love the dog. We've never played a boardgame there though yet.

Dogs struggle with the fiddly pieces to be fair

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

terrible at dealing cards

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Is the loaf sliced? If not, dig out a hole from one end, pour the beans in, bake for 20 minutes, voila (that's French for bon appetit)

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
What beans? This is important

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

runner

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

bespoke blown beans from an artisinal backside

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

whys the weather gone to poo poo again, do I need to burn some more plastic to get the warm going

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Add cheese and I'd be fine with that

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hi BritGoons

I'm heading out to Manchester for a couple of days in early May.

Plan to check out John Ryland's library and/oe Chetham's Library because I'm a massive nerd and probably the People's Museum because I'm a filthy godless communist and union man.

Anything else I absolutely need to check out?

I've seen 24 Hour Party People countless times and I hear the Hacienda is a row of luxury flats now which is tragicomic.

My only previous experience with the UK is a few days in Edinburgh, which was wonderful if a bit touristy, pre-Covid and a very dull stopover in Stansted a couple years back.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Good choice on city, Manchester is generally pretty lovely.

What kind of stuff are you into? I've not really done much touristy stuff in the City, mostly just go out for food and drinks with goons lol

(go to bundobust if you like veggie indian street food and beer!)

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Anything else I absolutely need to check out?

Affleck's Palace is an interesting indoor marketplace with all kinds of independent shops selling eclectic poo poo. Or at least it was last time I was in Manchester, my knowledge is at least a decade out of date. Canal Street as the centre of the gay district is worth a night out. The Imperial War Museum in Stretford along with the Lowry Gallery next to it are worth a visit if you have a rainy afternoon to kill (which it being Manchester you definitely will)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

terrible at dealing cards

And yet