Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

And they'll still largely just be posting about loving fallout .

You didn't just fallout of a coconut tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

democratic party having a little genocide as a treat

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

You didn't just fallout of a coconut tree

Walton Goggins saying the coconut tree thing

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

WampaLord posted:

yeah, there were times where Buffy had sex with vampires instead of slaying them

i see so what youre saying is that the hit showtime espionage thriller homeland was the spiritual successor of buffy the vampire slayer its just that instead of having sex with vampires the badass lead actress has sex with terrorists instead

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Thoguh posted:

By November every CSPAM poster will have self radicalized in to voting for Trump and also converting to Islam.

"will have" ??!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Old World Blues and Lonesome Road really beat you over the head with the idea the Old World is dead and a new world is emerging but old world simpletons like Todd cant understand that

what was the deal with Lonesome Hearts, something about good ol Mormon boys trying to civilized the brutish tribes (and maybe one tribe was pacifist)? good rear end DLC but I remember feeling odd about it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

theyre grooming our kids to dislike murder!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

what was the deal with Lonesome Hearts, something about good ol Mormon boys trying to civilized the brutish tribes (and maybe one tribe was pacifist)? good rear end DLC but I remember feeling odd about it

the less said about the "tribals" the better imo lol

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

fuuuuuckkk youuuuuuuuuuu

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

applying for head computer farter at the newest houthi branch

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It couldn't possibly be that young people are against genocide. No, they're just brainwashed.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

using the word "grooming" in reference to adults is very funny in this country where children are taught that not uncritically supporting israel makes you basically a nazi. or were, it seems like even little kids are busting the gently caress out on this one

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It couldn't possibly be that young people are against genocide. No, they're just brainwashed.

brainwashed by donald trump and tiktok into opposing genocide

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

fits my needs posted:

https://x.com/WRAL/status/1780780808757821579

Hillary Clinton and Malala Yousafzai producing. An election coming. ‘Suffs’ has timing on its side
NEW YORK (AP) — Shaina Taub was in the audience at “Suffs,” her buzzy and timely new musical about women’s suffrage, when she spied something that delighted her.

i dont understand how malala yousafazai can produce an off broadway musical about womens suffrage in the united states is she a rich investor now or did she go to school for film production what exactly is she contributing to the project

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Thoguh posted:

By November every CSPAM poster will have self radicalized in to voting for Trump and also converting to Islam.

I actually did download Duolingo Arabic but gave up after like 30 seconds.

raisin kane
Dec 26, 2019
suff zone

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

my bony fealty posted:

Honest Hearts is kind of eh

Joshua referring to the Browning .45 automatic pistol as his tribe's tribal weapon, the bits of Caesar's Legion backstory he provides, and his trying REALLY HARD to be a better man than the man he was before with less success than he'd like, are all great. pretty much everything else about the DLC caps out at "meh." honorable mention to The Savage Tribe That Just Wants To Kill Everyone Because That's What Savage Tribes Do

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

i dont understand how malala yousafazai can produce an off broadway musical about womens suffrage in the united states is she a rich investor now or did she go to school for film production what exactly is she contributing to the project

mascot

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Wenn ich 76 höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

Honest Hearts is kind of eh

Joshua referring to the Browning .45 automatic pistol as his tribe's tribal weapon, the bits of Caesar's Legion backstory he provides, and his trying REALLY HARD to be a better man than the man he was before with less success than he'd like, are all great. pretty much everything else about the DLC caps out at "meh." honorable mention to The Savage Tribe That Just Wants To Kill Everyone Because That's What Savage Tribes Do

theres exactly one good thing about honest hearts and thats the burned man constantly cleaning and checking pistols whether hes talking to you or not

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

SAD.jpg

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Thoguh posted:

someone once posted that 4 years of Biden was going to turn everyone into Maoists and they were right

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

i mean obviously yeah thats the route theyd take but also jesus loving christ

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Some Guy TT posted:

it's the contrary, she is paid so that they can associate her name with the project.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

guidoanselmi posted:

its a masters, so phd flunky

actually it seems even worse, two lovely terminal social science masters to have the grades to get into law school

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
Honest Hearts is a really ambitious story to tell in a video game, especially a dlc. It's got some real intellectual meat on its bones dealing with colonialism, assimilation, identity, and redemption. Also it's got that whip rear end gun with the crooked sight that makes it somehow more accurate

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ok Mr Stalin Sky :tinfoil:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Al! posted:

theres exactly one good thing about honest hearts and thats the burned man constantly cleaning and checking pistols whether hes talking to you or not

the whole DLC exists as an iteration of an idea they had for Van Buren, the hypothetical Fallout 3 by Obsidian, where the Burned Man was a companion you could pick up, with unstoppable stats, who also would make it so every faction in the game tried to kill you on sight. the question "who do the NCR, Legion, and House all want dead on sight" lead to the creation of Joshua Graham as a concept: this is the guy who everyone hates and wants dead. so why hasn't he been killed yet?

there's a neat idea there, sure, but it's hard to escape the observation that the whole DLC is the Joshua Graham Story Starring Joshua Graham

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
I feel like cutting ulysees as a companion helped gently caress up honest hearts

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

my bony fealty posted:

the pacifist tribe were innocents raised from afar by a US army survivalist, who get invaded by the evil tribe. the big choice is do you get the pacific tribe to run away, or take their innocence and have them kill the evil tribe

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

my bony fealty posted:

As it was being written, the "tribals" were supposed to be an ethnically diverse mix of people that kinda-deliberately emulated Native American lifestyles because it was the best way to live away from cities after the apocalypse. But due to memory limitations, in order to give them tattoos each tribe could only have one skin tone, so they decided to make the Sorrows and Dead Horses all brown.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

drat, can I get paid for this? Where do I find a recruiter?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1782848308056145956

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

a very gross individual

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

drat dude maybe you should stop hanging out with the genocidaire in chief for like six minutes before having your social media homunculus post that poo poo on twitter

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Stalinsky huh, sounds Russian

Are we sure this isn't a plot by Putin to disrupt the 2024 election???????

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

In Training posted:

And they'll still largely just be posting about loving fallout .

Fallout is good. Fallout is great. You must bow down to the fallout.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I loving hate all this "Netanyahu's war" stuff

It's a clever sleight-of-hand intended to paint the genocide as just being the fault of "Israel's Trump."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It's also not a "war", despite the corporate media's framing that way.