Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
At launch you couldn’t run it past 60 without screwing up physics. So you had players running at different speeds depending on their local fps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

perfect page 1000 snipe lol

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's called Fallout 76 because, when you see it, you do a 76 and walk away.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i got conned into 76 during the free weekend, it already took up 100gb and an evening to download, parted with some steam funny money, now i go around mashing e on every bit of garbage

for once i'm finding bethesda questing enjoyable, because it's so drat inconsequential and filtered through a layer of online jank

or maybe it's cause i hit my head two weeks ago

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I find the quests in 76 perfectly fine. The public events are the real draw, even though you're going to repeat those a lot.

The thing that keeps me playing is getting higher level so I can dump cool poo poo on newbies just exiting the vault. Yeah, you can't use this level 45 minigun yet but imagine what it'll be like when you can!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The Brotherhood quest line makes me legit angry, I wish there was an option to kill everyone involved

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Right now I'm suffering from the fact that I've got a bunch of max level regular gear I've gotten from events I've tagged along to, filling up my stash, and I'm still just level 30. I guess that if they're not legendaries, I might as well scrap them since I'm probably gonna come across more of them?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah essentially every non legendary piece of equipment is just stuff you should scrap. also nearly every legendary piece of equipment is stuff you should scrap too.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Alright, cheers. More to mulch!

Building related question: There's no way to use these stairs on a second floor, right?

I can use the regular ones, but they're not nice and flush with the wall (which the one above would be if I turned it 180 degrees), so they're not as nice.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Those staircases are finicky as all hell. I believe you can still stack them on top of each other, but then you need to build the rest of your camp around them, and they're pretty much stuck there unless you scrap the rest of your camp first

I think this method is still working but can't find out for myself. Check this quick video out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehz8JBYaQ8w

EDIT: Try removing the walls touching the stairs - if anything is even rubbing up against the outside of them, they won't place or be able to be deleted.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 23, 2024

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Thanks, I'll give it a try. A friend of mine managed to stack at least two without doing the pillar trick, so I guess it's just tek minutes of fidgeting and being certain you've got the stairs where you want them.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Black Griffon posted:

Right now I'm suffering from the fact that I've got a bunch of max level regular gear I've gotten from events I've tagged along to, filling up my stash, and I'm still just level 30. I guess that if they're not legendaries, I might as well scrap them since I'm probably gonna come across more of them?

Yeah, basically level 50 things will drop shitloads of level 50 weapons, so much that you can't and won't bother to even pick most of it up.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone have some great camp pics?
Building is the biggest draw for me but I keep changing my mind on layout.

I'll post my camp when I get home.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Anyone have some great camp pics?
Building is the biggest draw for me but I keep changing my mind on layout.

I'll post my camp when I get home.

Some of the most impressive I've seen over the years.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/1872sl/status/1599462187730292736

https://twitter.com/Wildest87969863/status/1573301841139728387

Intentionally destroying pieces to get certain effects is a neat trick

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Flesh Forge posted:

The Brotherhood quest line makes me legit angry, I wish there was an option to kill everyone involved

the final choice was incredible Side with the fash guy and kill the absurd scientist monsters or side with the more reasonablish lady and let them go free. No you can't just kill the obvious sociopath. No you can't stop the guy from betraying you.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
god those camps make me feel so self-conscious about my dumb little slocum's joe build

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Can someone please recommend a Fallout: New Vegas mod that introduces sprinting (like in Skyrim and FO4) and does not require me to have 600 other mods installed?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

This game is better than I’ve been led to believe

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

rocketrobot posted:

Can someone please recommend a Fallout: New Vegas mod that introduces sprinting (like in Skyrim and FO4) and does not require me to have 600 other mods installed?

JAM doesn't need much beyond the usual script extender stuff

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

rocketrobot posted:

Just Vanilla Sprint

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Those open dollhouses are exquisite.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Fallout 76: I tried to create a two bedroom ranch but got tired of the jank/limitations of the builder and just made a simple concrete box.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

MH Knights posted:

Fallout 76: I tried to create a two bedroom ranch but got tired of the jank/limitations of the builder and just made a simple concrete box.

Me in every single builder game I have ever played.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

God dammit I tried 76 and it's actually not terrible. I mean, it's hilariously poorly optimized and the atom shop is a scam, sure, but it's... still fun? gently caress. I'll probably get bored when I run out of story, but still I can't complain because I got it for free somewhere along the line.

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

Agree that Fallout 76 is more fun than I was expecting and I even got the Fallout 1st intro month with the discount. I will likely cancel it but having the fusion core charger and the extra scrap/ammo boxes are very useful.

I also went to school near The Greenbrier resort for a couple years and it was amazing to see the detail they put into the post-apocalyptic version they have in game having walked around that place many times.

If Bethesda could show the game some love and clean up some of the jank, I feel that Fallout 76 really some potential to be decent. I am having fun with it for now at least.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

VATS feels better and stuff like Bird Bones and whatever increases your movement speed to cap lets you do these sick rear end "flying 360 headshot 3 dudes in mid air" bullshit it's great

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah super-jumping into some area and killing half a dozen mobs before landing with the Fixer, VATS headshots and Gun Fu was always a chuckle.
Almost makes me wanna reinstall :comeback:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I don't have the attention span to use grenades. Best use just to sell them all at a train station?

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
I have just started casually tossing explosives even though I don't have any perks for them.

Especially after I found out that there is an easily reached shared daily cap limit on all of the NPC vendors. Didn't realize this until yesterday. As a new player, I got to say there are some things that are not well explained.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I throw unneeded stuff into the overseer camp box or rail station suitcases.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Also there is a 40k cap limit. Not sure if that is explained anywhere.

Frag grenades can eventually be used to make nuka grenades, which are really powerful if specced into and are used by some to farm obscene amounts of xp at West Tek.

I typically just sell them to vendors though.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Want to try FO4 on PS5 again tomorrow but cannot decide on a build I want to try. Maybe a melee or charisma build...

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Also there is a 40k cap limit. Not sure if that is explained anywhere.

See? This is good information. Thanks. Now I'll know when to go on a spending spree. No idea what I'll use it all on. Probably some of those plans in Whitespring Mall.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Making a throwing knife only character in FO76 because my life has spiraled out of control.

Akalies
May 31, 2000
Here's a somewhat obscure tip:

The prime receiver on the hunting rifle is unique in that it provides a multiplicative damage bonus. Meaning it stacks with damage bonuses like perks, buffs, legendary effects exceptionally well. Absolutely worth trying out for riflemen ammo is expensive, so run dops.

Akalies fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 24, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So do I play a few more hours tonight or do I wait until tomorrow's patch downloads and then wait again for the framework mods to update.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

So do I play a few more hours tonight or do I wait until tomorrow's patch downloads and then wait again for the framework mods to update.

You’re on a modded fallout 4 install, right? Make sure you have things set up so Steam won’t update the game automatically (in its configuration options for Fallout 4), then make sure you have things set up so you can launch the game externally (launching F4SE through MO being the common way to do this). Updating a bunch of addons mid-run is going to be a nightmare and very likely ruin your run. You’re stuck with what you have now, keep to it.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

i got attacked by a giant hermit crab that lived in a caravan and then it started shooting baby crabs at me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

roomtone posted:

i got attacked by a giant hermit crab that lived in a caravan and then it started shooting baby crabs at me

First time I ran into that was amazing because it was like 60 hours into a run and to have something so unexpected that far in was such a treat