Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mistle posted:

Is that intending to sound like Professional Douche or no? :lol:

His estate will have to have CCTV on his burial site to prevent people from defacing, vandalizing, or pissing/making GBS threads on it, and they'll inevitably default on payments because the kids mismanaged the estate :laffo:

"I'm here to commit crimes and play golf, and the courtroom doesn't have eighteen beautiful courses-" *FFFFAAARRRRTTTTTT*

prevent?

nonono the camera is there to ensure the :pisstape: is always real

the eternal shower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Dem strategy: If the GOP gets their way, there is a good chance your daughter will get arrested and forced to take a pregnancy test at gunpoint

GOP strategy: Santa told me he quit because the toys have gone Woke™

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Durf posted:

Dem strategy: If the GOP gets their way, there is a good chance your daughter will get arrested and forced to take a pregnancy test at gunpoint

GOP strategy: Santa told me he quit because the toys have gone Woke™

Lol the Pennsylvania GOPs last gubernatorial strategy was "hey isn't this out and proud nazi that only talks to other out and proud nazis awesome!?"

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Republicans vote by mail numbers :lol:

Biden

Trump

Well I'm just glad they're voting!

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Tai posted:

Lol this. That kitchen gets gently caress all use. Can probably add a frozen pizza to the list. Tht knife is soooo blunt.

The kitchen is for the caterers not the people who actually live there dumbass. It has to be functional as well as stylish.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Escape Goat posted:

e: this is not the hockey gdt

So quick to judge.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Scags McDouglas posted:

"Hey, where's the toilet at your house?"

"erm... let's say I have a converted bidet. Make sure you watch the temp settings"

I live in an older building, so for my luxury apartment I installed two toilet seats in case one gets clogged and maintenance is busy with AC repairs or something. Often both are working so if it is yellow I let it mellow. If it is brown I flush it down. This setup is good when I need to vomit while making GBS threads, two bowls really makes a difference. Anything else makes you look lazy. Great for holding hands with my lover while we share the experience, too!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

BigHead posted:

It's a valid defense strategy to not shut the gently caress up about the catch-and-kill aspect of it because you're right, it's not a crime. So the defense getting the jury to focus all of their attention on that increases the likelihood of a not guilty verdict. It's the prosecutor's job to keep the jury focused on where the money came from and paying Cohen back, then lying in all of the documentation underlying those payments. That's the crime.

The felony was Pecker was making an illegal in-kind donation to Trump's campaign and Pecker is fully admitting that was the understanding and that Trump personally told him that Cohen was his personally directed goon to do illegal poo poo at his request.

Today was an extremely bad day for Trump, his previous goal was to discredit Cohen as a lying scumbag goon attorney that did lying scumbag goon attorney things without his knowledge. Today means he has to discredit Pecker, which is a much more difficult task because any one with any sense understands what Trump was doing with Cohen and Pecker, directing crime.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I'm thinking NONE. They got off their rear end to go vote in a primary for a candidate that isn't on the ballot and has withdrawn her candidacy just as a protest against MAGA. They didn't have to get up and go anywhere today.

If Haley's out, this vote doesn't do anything, right? It just means that a huge slice of GOP voters from this state took the opportunity to wave a big middle finger at their own nominee?
That has to be a catastrophically bad sign, right?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tree Bucket posted:

If Haley's out, this vote doesn't do anything, right? It just means that a huge slice of GOP voters from this state took the opportunity to wave a big middle finger at their own nominee?

If you actually came out to vote for a candidate that isn't on the ballot, I sincerely doubt you're going to go back to the polls to vote for the guy who you protest-voted against today in November.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Tree Bucket posted:

That's a lot of people who will likely stay home in November. That's bad for Trump and catastrophic for the GOP down-ballot races.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Tree Bucket posted:

Republicans are the stupidest most destructive force on the planet so who knows what those morons will do. If they were normal people I wouldn't bet on them coming out to vote for Trump but they're crazy and can't properly assess information. :shrug:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

WTF has she done to her face in like the last couple of weeks?

Look, I'm no political expert but I don't think the head of the RNC looking like she just had silicone from The Home Depot injected into her face at a Super 8 is confidence inspiring.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Frank Frank posted:

If you actually came out to vote for a candidate that isn't on the ballot, I sincerely doubt you're going to go back to the polls to vote for the guy who you protest-voted against today in November.

I think you'd be surprised. Lots of people hold their noses and vote for their party's candidate even after throwing away a protest vote in the primary when they could safely register their opinion without directly hurting their party's chances. But that's a lot of protest votes for an unopposed primary, and in a tight race shaving off even 2-3% of your reliable voters is a pretty big problem.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Three Olives posted:

Look, I'm no political expert but I don't think the head of the RNC looking like she just had silicone from The Home Depot injected into her face at a Super 8 is confidence inspiring.

She got a facelift but on the left side of her face

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

the holy poopacy posted:

I think you'd be surprised. Lots of people hold their noses and vote for their party's candidate even after throwing away a protest vote in the primary when they could safely register their opinion without directly hurting their party's chances. But that's a lot of protest votes for an unopposed primary, and in a tight race shaving off even 2-3% of your reliable voters is a pretty big problem.

In this case though the other candidate had already dropped out though so you’d have to go out of your way to protest vote. This isn’t just voting for an alternative, it’s actively saying “I am going out of my way to say gently caress the other guy”

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

plenty of those people will have a choice between fascism or tax breaks in November and you can guess what they'll choose.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

most of them won't even get the tax break out of it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

FuturePastNow posted:

most of them won't even get the tax break out of it

Yeah it’s this. Trump’s last “tax break” meant I went from getting a pretty decent refund to owing money these days

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah it’s this. Trump’s last “tax break” meant I went from getting a pretty decent refund to owing money these days

Yes, but surely your happy that Comcast gets to keep more of your money to “invest,” are you not?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Oh yeah. Totally thrilled

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

I don't love it, but the sale time is longer in this bill than the last attempt. Won't happen until after the election now.

Signing that thing is a dumb loving idea at this point

Like unless Tiktok is clear and imminent espionage threat, doing this stupid poo poo because Meta convinced a bunch old white morons to support it is idiotic.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 24, 2024

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

counterpoint, ban all social media, execute all social media founders.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Republicans vote by mail numbers :lol:

Biden

Trump

This surprises me.

For,from what Ive heard, its a pain in the arse tovote on election day on America.

Its always a Tuesday, for ... reasons. Its not a holiday, your boss can/might sack youfor mot showing up to work. The lines can be hours+ long. Etc.

Surely this is bad electoral policy by the Republicans.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Three Olives posted:

Why would that ever be allowed?

What the gently caress does that mean "touch ballots?"

That sounds illegal as all hell

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 24, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BrigadierSensible posted:

This surprises me.

For,from what Ive heard, its a pain in the arse tovote on election day on America.

Its always a Tuesday, for ... reasons. Its not a holiday, your boss can/might sack youfor mot showing up to work. The lines can be hours+ long. Etc.

the current iteration of the GOP wants to convince a majority of Americans that voting, in any form, is untrustworthy and should be done away with.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

This surprises me.

which is why blue states like pennsylvania are increasingly focusing on mail-in voting as a voter outreach goal. republicans have spent years demonizing mail-in votes so their constitutents are the most inconvenienced by this in swing states, like PA.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
reminder that in addation to being a poll worker, maybe go do time with real election / voting rights orgs.

sounds like Lara wants to rig poo poo , wtf does handle ballots mean? the board of elections is a state gov. thing, unless she means mail-in bearers which can be "weird" restrictions imo.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

reminder that in addation to being a poll worker, maybe go do time with real election / voting rights orgs.

sounds like Lara wants to rig poo poo , wtf does handle ballots mean? the board of elections is a state gov. thing, unless she means mail-in bearers which can be "weird" restrictions imo.

always sage advice. but i also dont think laura knows what she's saying.

but yeah, instead of getting all frothy about hypothetical future skullduggery, it's better to sign up with gotv organizations and voting rights people to actually make a measurable difference.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Three Olives posted:

My god… she’s been LOOMERED :rip:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol i wonder how many regressive donors have access to phone location meta data are a pissed they keep seeing Loom Lara pings from a well known plastic surgeon place. lol R's really should do more infighting and leak poo poo like "this is a R meeting his tail, this is another R meeting the Scott Pressler at midnight for some reason"

reminder to do a digital audit of you phone's stuff and to reduce your digital footprint.

e: also isnt the previous FL governor, Rick Scott (Scott Rick??) in charge of another R Dark Money pile(one that Tortoise made) and currently burning through it himself?

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 24, 2024

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Three Olives posted:

WHY do people keep saying we look like dick tracy villains?!?!

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

PhazonLink posted:

e: also isnt the previous FL governor, Rick Scott (Scott Rick??) in charge of another R Dark Money pile(one that Tortoise made) and currently burning through it himself?

Rick Scott actually set it all on fire two years ago yes

Every level of the GOP is borderline broke. Mike Johnson raised ~a third of what McCarty did in his first quarter as Speaker and a big chunk of that was transfers from other R members of the house. State parties are going broke because whatever small dollar volunteers Trump doesn't hoover up he's exhausted. In fact his presidential is effectively double dipping on any money the RNC raises. The Trump campaign, the Trump PAC and then the RNC are the priority order on RNC donations which is a huge lol.

I think its an open question how much outside PACs will throw at him this cycle but I'm guessing its won't actually be that much. From their position they are throwing good money after bad just to catch him up to the start line after all his legal fees and there's the nonzero chance he might just be in jail on election day anyways.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Remember this isn't a ban of TikTok it's to force the current owners to sell it otherwise it will be banned

Because the current owners are using it to gather information for China

Beefed Owl fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Apr 24, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol Rick Scott and Donald "TRUMP" stole all the GOP's money

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Beefed Owl posted:

Remember this isn't a band of TikTok it's to force the current owners to sell it otherwise it will be banned

Because the current owners are using it to gather information for China

I figured it was this^

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

TulliusCicero posted:

Why would that ever be allowed?

What the gently caress does that mean "touch ballots?"

That sounds illegal as all hell

probably means ballot harvesting but doesn't quite know what ballot harvesting is exactly

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Stink Billyums posted:

probably means ballot harvesting but doesn't quite know what ballot harvesting is exactly

I know a guy who can help her with that

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Trump, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I was about to respond harshly but I just realized you're 100% correct. My kitchen is used for filming so that's probably why we keep it so drat clean lol

Would be pretty unhygienic to make food there without cleaning off all the bodily fluids after filming

With that username you asked for it