Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Republicans vote by mail numbers :lol:

Biden

Trump

BIG DUMPS IN THE NIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
I sat next to Joe Biden at Dave & Buster's last night and he turned to me with tears in his eyes, saying he couldn't believe that eggs cost $45 a dozen now and that he's going to be voting for TRUMP

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I was hanging out under the bridge and all of the homeless people there said they became unemployed when they had to take the covid shot and they're going to vote for trump because he'll give all of the vaccine sufferers access to medbeds

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
If Trump did go to jail, another bright side is America might get a serious prison abolitionist presidential nominee.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

InsertPotPun posted:

yes, it was my favorite image of the trump presidency. just trump standing and staring at a sign that said "heat, sunlight, disinfectant are all ways to kill the virus" and then, seconds later, gets on stage all "folks have you heard about sunlight and heat? they kill the virus!" as if he just thought of it and it was time to educate all of us idiots that had no idea the whole thing would be gone by summer: because summer is hot and has sun! have you heard about this? do you know this? sunlight? heat? bad for virus?

It actually belies another really dangerous problem with his administration. I imagine that there were so many things that could have gone a lot better if we just had someone that cared about the job as much as he cared about the title.

He obviously wasn't reading briefs or actually listening to his advisors on really important things.

Honestly I am of the mindset that his executive time was just him trying to run his other businesses.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Oracle posted:

The kitchen is for the caterers not the people who actually live there dumbass. It has to be functional as well as stylish.

lmao you are so incredible stupid

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Scags McDouglas posted:

No way that can be real. "Convince" him, sure. "Help" him... wtf does he need help with. A second person to back up his alibi when he slips her 20 bucks to leave the house for a double feature?

Pages back, but for sure there's that reason Grindr goes mental when the RNC comes to town. It's sad, but there it is.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Beefed Owl posted:

Remember this isn't a ban of TikTok it's to force the current owners to sell it otherwise it will be banned

Because the current owners are using it to gather information for China

Surely the amount of nonsense information on it will actually be a net disadvantage for China?

a joke, a joke

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Samovar posted:

Surely the amount of nonsense information on it will actually be a net disadvantage for China?

Xi watching TikTok for dance tips, gets them wrong, looking like a fool. Clearly a weapon of western imperialism.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Has anyone actually mentioned in any of these news stories about the TikTok ban that the CCP basically banned the version of TikTok that we have here and would never allow it in their own country lol? They have a heavily regulated app called Douyin instead.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Vire posted:

Has anyone actually mentioned in any of these news stories about the TikTok ban that the CCP basically banned the version of TikTok that we have here and would never allow it in their own country lol? They have a heavily regulated app called Douyin instead.

If you attach China to anything then you can say China bad. How to generate news101

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
PAGE 2 (of 1)

Republicans in Washington must take action? What?

Also love the "all these courts ruled against me so obviously it's the courts that are wrong"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kazil posted:

He's not getting votes, he's not raising money, he's sitting on trial, there are questions about his health. It's literal insanity at this point.

Also suburban pa is getting bluer in general. Trump needs to actually WORK for PA, which he won’t do.

PhazonLink posted:

reminder that in addation to being a poll worker, maybe go do time with real election / voting rights orgs.

sounds like Lara wants to rig poo poo , wtf does handle ballots mean? the board of elections is a state gov. thing, unless she means mail-in bearers which can be "weird" restrictions imo.

I think she mostly wanting to rig poo poo and stuff because “well they do it” or some poo poo.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

ManBoyChef posted:

It actually belies another really dangerous problem with his administration. I imagine that there were so many things that could have gone a lot better if we just had someone that cared about the job as much as he cared about the title.

He obviously wasn't reading briefs or actually listening to his advisors on really important things.

Honestly I am of the mindset that his executive time was just him trying to run his other businesses.

I am of the mindset that he runs/ran his other businesses with the same level of care that he was president.

Aren't there "Art of The Deal" era stories of him walking into the offices of people he was trying to negotiate with, making some stupid "make it so" style proclamation, and then walking out of the room. Leaving everyone else involved to actually hash out the details and arrangements.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pressler mighty quiet

Lol luzerne already mostly votes conservative, you dipshit.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Also suburban pa is getting bluer in general. Trump needs to actually WORK for PA, which he won’t do.

I think she mostly wanting to rig poo poo and stuff because “well they do it” or some poo poo.

even parts of rural pa, in my experience. i dont think butler or venango county are going deep blue anytime soon but they're not as deep red as they used to be. and while it might not do much for some of the local races, in the state races those places are vital for trump to have any success.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Lol luzerne already mostly votes conservative, you dipshit.

he's scared of big cities like zelienople and carlisle.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Three Olives posted:

Kitchen Pro-Tip:

Get two dishwashers. We live in an old house with a small kitchen so we had to settle for a Fisher & Paykel double drawer dishwasher, but it means you never have dirty dishes in your sink, once you are finished with them either eating or cooking you just put them in one dishwasher and wait until it becomes full enough to run (Honestly we run ours every night even if there are just dinner dishes in there) and you can immediately start putting dishes in the other dishwasher when you run it. Most of the time when I am cooking I just load all the cooking dishes into one dishwasher as I am done with it and immediately run it while we eat. Also perfect for entertaining.

Dirty dishes in a sink is like one of those things that for some reason people think is normal but it just makes you look lazy.

Incredible waste of energy and resources

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Accipiter posted:

PAGE 2 (of 1)

Republicans in Washington must take action? What?

Also love the "all these courts ruled against me so obviously it's the courts that are wrong"

Trpum wants his pawns to riot in the streets to save him. Too bad for him Y'all Qaeda's energy all got expended on January 6, now they're afraid any such action is a honeypot to have them tossed in prison.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

ManBoyChef posted:

I read an article a while back which was talking to a guy who was on the team which prepared his security briefings. Normally they would be pages and pages of detailed information, but for TRUMP they had to dumb them down to literally a few a bullet points on a a single page, and they learned that they needed to grab his attention and use his language or he'd instantly lose interest.
So they would be things like

"North Korea wants to build new nukes, and if we don't stop them they'll think we're LOSERS! We have to show them that President Trump is TOUGH and a WINNER!"

"China has a new type of tank, so President Trump needs to show them who's the BOSS and authorise this anti-tank missile to defeat it LIKE A DOG!"

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I'm curious what Trumpers think he will do about 'woke' if he's elected.

Like, do they think he's going to pass a law preventing bans of Nazis on social media? Imprison tv execs who stop having radical right wingers appear on talk shows? A hard maximum cap of non straight, white, Christian males per season of a series?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Pressler mighty quiet

"My husband will switch to GOP only if you're the one who does it. He's also treating me to some spa time for a few hours while you and him talk man stuff alone. He's so nice and considerate :)"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

zone posted:

Trpum wants his pawns to riot in the streets to save him. Too bad for him Y'all Qaeda's energy all got expended on January 6, now they're afraid any such action is a honeypot to have them tossed in prison.

It's a cluster of beard-hat-and-sunglasses guys endlessly nodding solemnly to each other and saying "trust the plan. Hold the line. Keep your powder dry. Never fight uphill me boys"

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

pro starcraft loser posted:

Like, do they think he's going to pass a law preventing bans of Nazis on social media? Imprison tv execs who stop having radical right wingers appear on talk shows? A hard maximum cap of non straight, white, Christian males per season of a series?

No one can even define what woke is to ban it.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Like, do they think

no

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Tai posted:

I asked a few people and got nothing.

Best I can do is that woke means "groups of people I don't like are being represented in whatever I'm taking in".

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah it’s this. Trump’s last “tax break” meant I went from getting a pretty decent refund to owing money these days

Your refund or bill when you file your taxes is not your taxes. What you withhold every pay period is (supposed to be) your taxes. If you keep owing money (or even getting a "decent refund") at the end of the year then you should redo your W4.

You probably did get a "tax break" but your withholding isn't accounting for the larger standard deduction.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Accipiter posted:

Yes, continue to defame Carroll what could go wrong?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

solve it, obviously

trust the plan!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

He's already fighting woke in the courtroom.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Tai posted:

Thats the Beauty of it, it doesn't Do anything.
It can be whatever you want it not to be.
E: tears in their eyes, they said "Sirrrrrrrrrrrrr"

staberind fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Apr 24, 2024

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1782918181431935226

quote:

“I think she is uninformed, she is a total waste of time, and I’m embarrassed to have actually lived geographically in her district at one time before she was there. She is a horrible leader. She is dragging our brand down. She, not the Democrats, are the biggest risk to us getting back to a majority.” – GOP Sen. Thom Tillis, raking Marjorie Taylor Greene in audio captured last night by CNN.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Wait so is fox now pivoting to "yeah he paid her off for sleeping with him but is that even a crime?".

I have a hardcore catholic in law who believes that god is working through trump to stop abortions through that "even a chipped vessel can hold water" or whatever the gently caress it is. Fortunately she is not in the US so cannot vote for him.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Gods bowel movements quoted as "Mysterious", more at 11.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Also there is no way, literally zero chance, that trump has not at some point had someone have an abortion.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

BrigadierSensible posted:

I am of the mindset that he runs/ran his other businesses with the same level of care that he was president.

Aren't there "Art of The Deal" era stories of him walking into the offices of people he was trying to negotiate with, making some stupid "make it so" style proclamation, and then walking out of the room. Leaving everyone else involved to actually hash out the details and arrangements.

A buddy of mine used to be a commercial real estate lawyer in NYC. Purchases, sales of, leases in buildings you’ve seen level. Apparently what would happen was his team would brief the other team beforehand on this. They’d come together, make the deal work, get the contracts right, and get to a sales price. Then they’d go “Donald is going to come in and demand 20% off the top or it’s no deal. So we’ve reached a price of X, go write up the closing papers with a price of 1.2X so he can do that and you can give it to him.”

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Grey Cat posted:

I got 24 hrs for that marge, no need to remind me.

:lol:

pixaal posted:

And Poohbear isn't?

Where does Krokodil come from, again? :unsmigghh:

:captainpop:

Harveygod posted:

Your refund or bill when you file your taxes is not your taxes. What you withhold every pay period is (supposed to be) your taxes. If you keep owing money (or even getting a "decent refund") at the end of the year then you should redo your W4.

You probably did get a "tax break" but your withholding isn't accounting for the larger standard deduction.

Technically the bill owed is your taxes because your withholding didn't withhold enough to pay all your taxes, or non-withheld income is a factor. Also how would a larger standard deduction make you owe more money(outside of moving you to a new tax bracket)?

What I'm saying is, there's no reason to defend the Trump tax breaks unless you make a guillotine-able amount of money, because statistically speaking, they weren't in your favor.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Harveygod posted:

Your refund or bill when you file your taxes is not your taxes.

Well, yeah it is. Refund is overpayment of taxes. Bill is taxes due. Both are still tax.

Harveygod posted:

If you keep owing money (or even getting a "decent refund") at the end of the year then you should redo your W4.

I claim 0 on every W4 I've ever filed. Let them take out the maximum amount every paycheck.

Sure it's an interest-free loan to the government that I can otherwise invest, but I like the guarantee of a fat refund every year. When that check comes with everything all at once, I pay down bills and take trips.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Who gives a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

any advantages to claiming two dishwashers on my taxes? which form