Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is emerging as a critical surrogate for President Biden’s reelection campaign for young people and progressives, pushing his climate agenda as a win for those essential voting blocs.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4616255-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-aoc-joe-biden-israel-hamas-gaza-climate/

Genocide Al

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Probably Magic posted:

Didn't Biden do some TikTok vids? Hope that gets mentioned when he passes that bill.

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1782887439318524097#m

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Entorwellian posted:

That dude is a loving prof? flol

pretty high-profile too. it's embarrassing

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

mcfarter

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lol

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

HallelujahLee posted:

china has already said they're not approving any sale

Good they shouldn't

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Lol Biden is so full of poo poo

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Amazing how Dem supporters have convinced themselves that defeating Trump is the single most important and urgent thing in the world while the leaders they support demonstrate over and over that they don't actually give a poo poo about winning and will gladly throw countless votes in the trash to ban the evil China app.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

is pepsi ok posted:

Amazing how Dem supporters have convinced themselves that defeating Trump is the single most important and urgent thing in the world while the leaders they support demonstrate over and over that they don't actually give a poo poo about winning and will gladly throw countless votes in the trash to ban the evil China app.

they truly believe that they are entitled to your vote

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The people who teach the people who rule are all vastly out of their element

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shageletic posted:

I thought AIPAC didn't bother to spend money against her campaign.

Yeah they stayed out of that race and her challenger still got close to 40%...... They are going all in to take out Bush and Bowman though.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

if you believe the polls bush and bowman are probably done for

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/thehill/status/1783127783104786878

xanned out with drewy barrymore

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol all Joe Biden had to do was Diem Netanyahu and he stood a chance, now he's going to lose by 4-5 points.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Analysis from Chuck Todd: It’s not surprising that so many voters have indicated disinterest in this election. But it is alarming.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/chuck-todd-will-voters-wake-election-day-rcna148951

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Probably Magic posted:

Didn't Biden do some TikTok vids? Hope that gets mentioned when he passes that bill.

They don't want to end tiktok as a social media platform- it's way too valuable for that. They want to make sure it participates in the same domestic censorship and narrative shaping campaigns as the others. Mostly so they can disappear pro-Palestine content and push anti-Trump/China/Russia content.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
didn't Drew Barrymore get into hot water for being a blackleg

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
https://x.com/BriannaWu/status/1783093275391349081

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Here comes the stick. Stupid kids could have had a nice fake climate-change or social justice movement to have some fun and pad their resume before voting for Biden. But the perfidious Tiktok lead them astray.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

mcmagic posted:

Yeah they stayed out of that race and her challenger still got close to 40%...... They are going all in to take out Bush and Bowman though.

Then i take back my comment. Welp.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the ban doesnt take effect until after the election lol

Yeah but the general tone on TikTok is that everyone is acutely aware of what is happening and why it is happening, and they aren't going to pitch a counter-narrative on MSNBC that will gain traction with TikTokers

I haven't come across any messaging on TikTok that buys into the " Chinese mind control national security threat" thing - which. if anyone did. they wouldn't be on TikTok anyways

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

Al! posted:

they truly believe that they are entitled to your vote

This is pretty central to the liberal worldview. It is an act of profound immorality to not vote for Democrats.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i hope you're ready

https://x.com/DavidKlion/status/1783127156215689724

https://x.com/dylanmatt/status/1783129764238098555

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

you actually need an actual climate agenda to push it imo

but maybe they actually think establishing some climate corps grift with an entire accomplishment of sending out emails is a win

becoming the number one oil producer counts as an agenda OP

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I think i hate this person above all the others posted here

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Biden can't be told to gently caress off soon enough

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Where's virgil brianna?

Edit: doh. Wrong person lol

SardonicTyrant has issued a correction as of 14:52 on Apr 24, 2024

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Honestly this is a bigger L for the influencers than for Biden. Imagine doing this with the guy who just put you out of a job.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

there were dingdongs in the dnd palestine thread scolding about chairman xi's tiktok propaganda threat while reposting the debunked nyt hamas rape hoax article for the 4th time

Do you mean irony be my shield? Aka the new ik of the d&d Palestine thread who already has probed people who had posts they disagreed with?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

That article is pure dog poo poo

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

SardonicTyrant posted:

Where's virgil brianna?

Edit: doh. Wrong person lol

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
how bad is will stancil anyways? is he a genocide apologist or is he just an easy to bully lib that gets dunked on for trying to say that the economy is good

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Automata 10 Pack posted:

how bad is will stancil anyways. is he a genocide apologist or is he just an easy to bully lib that gets dunked on for trying to say that the economy is good

yes

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol

https://x.com/nkulw/status/1783129186627920356

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

readingatwork posted:

Honestly this is a bigger L for the influencers than for Biden. Imagine doing this with the guy who just put you out of a job.

I didn't even think about this

Man they shot themselves in both feet

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPhWR4d3FJQ

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Biden fired all the staffers who confessed to smoking weed after assuring them it would be cool

I dont know what these idiot influencers thought they were getting

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
The "Anonymous" person is 110% stancil

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

In 2020, he was among Twitter’s most dogged champions of Elizabeth Warren’s unsuccessful presidential campaign, and he still cites Warren as a good indicator of his basic political outlook.

I struggle to think of another Twin Cities–based figure with Stancil’s level of Twitter clout. He couldn’t name one either, and told me that in Minneapolis he doesn’t normally find himself meeting people who know him by his online persona. “I was at a bar in New York for the Super Bowl this year, and I was still there at 1 a.m. because it’s New York and the bars are open late, which is a novelty,” Stancil said. “I started talking to the bartender, and he said, ‘I’m a Twitter guy, I know who you are,’ and then he gave me free beers until six in the morning.”

Beutler, for his part, hopes he never logs off: “Half the time, I hope he loses his race so that he can remain a stalwart critic on Twitter, where I feel like his influence is at least as great as a state legislator’s.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

GoLambo posted:

I'm not really a social media guy but literally everyone I know under 40 uses tiktok daily. Literally everyone. What the gently caress is going on? Do they think people just aren't going to notice this?
the current democrat talking point is tell the people that they are not banning the app they are just divesting

this can actually work if china allows tiktok to divest