Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

PhilippAchtel posted:

Libs stop engaging in casual homophobia.

Challenge Level: Impossible

its not homophobia lol tom brady is well known for kissing his kids on the mouth extremely weirdly.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

We've had six and a half months worth of people critical of Israel being labeled an "antisemite", IDF propaganda uncritically reported by the corporate news , people losing their jobs for not bending the knee to Israel, and now a TikTok ban. None of it has worked. In fact, the protests are as intense now as they were months ago.

The empire will try to repress the anti-Zionist movement but the ferocity of their attempt to tamp down on protestors will just prove how much they've lost control. When you control the narrative you don't need to maintain control by force.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

We've had six and a half months worth of people critical of Israel being labeled an "antisemite", IDF propaganda uncritically reported by the corporate news , people losing their jobs for not bending the knee to Israel, and now a TikTok ban. None of it has worked. In fact, the protests are as intense now as they were months ago.

The empire will try to repress the anti-Zionist movement but the ferocity of their attempt to tamp down on protestors will just prove how much they've lost control. When you control the narrative you don't need to maintain control by force.

the european parts of the empire directly banned speaking criticism of israel but that hasnt even stopped things in those countries.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

webcams for christ posted:

are they making their move on Hitler 2 to launder all of Israels crimes to a specific person / admin?

Yeah this is going to be their last resort to save Israel's international reputation - act like the only problem was Netanyahu

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol good luck with that move

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Those students should have learned something from Hamas and started building tunnels under Colombia University.

Everyone should build bomb-proof tunnels everywhere, it's the ultimate anti-cop anti-military power move.
cops sweep in to arrest the solidarity camp, all the protestors disappear into the tunnels
reemerge in the previously "cleared" north quad and begin protesting there

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Spergin Morlock posted:

that sam Hyde clip has destroyed my youtube recommendations lol

If you manually remove poo poo from your history it can help but lmao YouTube wants you to be alt-right

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

HallelujahLee posted:

lol good luck with that move

Yeah it's not going to work

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

"the US banned tiktok for israel" is not a meme it's the truth, the previous attempts to ban it collapsed but suddenly the campaign roared back with new wind in its sails when people realized kids were getting daily evidence of zionist war crimes in their feeds. But anyway even though i said it's not a meme i want everyone to say and know that "The US banned tiktok for israel." all the kids on tiktok gotta know

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Those students should have learned something from Hamas and started building tunnels under Colombia University.

Everyone should build bomb-proof tunnels everywhere, it's the ultimate anti-cop anti-military power move.

digging a tunnel to sap the administration office and accidentally burrowing right into a chabad tunnel

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the two main avenues for information are really just tiktok and twitter right?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

this was all netenyahu's fault, he lied and told us those thousands of 2000lb bombs we sold them using money we lent them would be used for gender reveals

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Cerebral Bore posted:

when you're defending the obviously and clearly documented indefensible the only strategy left is to try to make reality itself unknowable, i guess

That's been a running theme throughout and from where I'm sitting it seems to only be getting more common. This is a complicated situation, the protesters are just being trendy they don't know anything, people only think this is bad because tiktok said so, etc. It's always this gesture toward the real truth, which is always just off camera and never referred to with any kind of specificity, you either get it or you don't

And honestly I see that as a hopeful thing, because that does make it seem like they're just running out of poo poo to say. There's really not a good pitch here, and it's increasingly turning into a bunch of weird snarling instead

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Rafah maybe starting today

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Mr Hootington posted:

I would rather it didn't.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

:smith:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

Its ok, Israeli has built Humanitarian Islands for the civilian population

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

OctaMurk posted:

Its ok, Israeli has built Humanitarian Islands for the civilian population

the term humanitarian islands sure is something

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

al-jazeera was reporting they were moving 2 divisions from the north to gaza so yeah more than likely for rafah

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Al! posted:

lol theyre going to do what they do best: find the most mentally unstable student and gaslight them into doing a terrorism

yeah give it a few months and the FBI will have "stopped a terrorist plot" against a college campus

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Thinking about that documentary that Aljazeera (with Wael Dahdouh) did a while back about the resistance and how they survived off nothing but dates for a few months during the Nahal Oz war in 2014. Literally 2 small dates a day.

https://x.com/suppressednws/status/1783051698258198591?s=46

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

HallelujahLee posted:

al-jazeera was reporting they were moving 2 divisions from the north to gaza so yeah more than likely for rafah

Yeah an isreali spokesman said they will be doing the rafah operation and the commander down near there said they are just waiting for the orders to head in.

At the same time isreal hit 40 spots in Southern Lebanon

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
In reaction to the students' protests, Ben Gvir wants the Israeli police to reach out to Jewish communities abroad to encourage them to create paramilitary "defense" squads like the ones in the kibbutzim and assist in doing so. Definitely a sane suggestion.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1783122323454697531?t=dMPWr0JkG8jjxB7bXXTtGw&s=19

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

gently caress

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

called it

U.S. decides against sanctions on IDF's Netzah Yehuda Battalion

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel/diplomacy/artc-u-s-decides-against-imposing-sanctions-on-idf-s-netzah-yehuda-battalion-report

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sancho Banana posted:

In reaction to the students' protests, Ben Gvir wants the Israeli police to reach out to Jewish communities abroad to encourage them to create paramilitary "defense" squads like the ones in the kibbutzim and assist in doing so. Definitely a sane suggestion.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1783122323454697531?t=dMPWr0JkG8jjxB7bXXTtGw&s=19

"hey we should use people in my portfolio to create militias in the country we beg for funding"

not very wise lol. dudes going to end up with a rare and aggressive form of cancer

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
if the iranian defense minister posted this way about a pro-israel campus protest it would be reported that he was inciting the murder of the students, jesus christ

edit: replacing link with photo, didn't realize there was bad poo poo in the replies

**ik edit: dead bodies are in replies, please be wary of clicking the tweet**

Apraxin has issued a correction as of 15:01 on Apr 24, 2024

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

To people not really politically tuned-in and subsisting on that kinda soft-liberal default worldview? Yeah, it is.

I sympathize with your situation. I'd try to take the race angle out entirely and say, "It doesn't have anything to do with Jews. If it wasn't Israel, it would be someone else. We always have a hitman in the region."

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Apraxin posted:

if the iranian defense minister posted this way about a pro-israel campus protest it would be reported that he was inciting the murder of the students
https://https:asdf//twitter.com/yoavgallant/status/1783108301829423552

dont click this, dead bodies in the replies

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/BarakRavid/status/1783129774715514938

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

I hope it eventually comes out that Mossad has copies of the Epstein tapes or something. This is so pathetic.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

also idiot Israeli people, or bots, spamming the Israeli flag along with 💪 and 💥

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

sorry, tweet was embedded in a news article; i don't have a twitter account and didn't know about the replies

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

TeenageArchipelago posted:

If you manually remove poo poo from your history it can help but lmao YouTube wants you to be alt-right
as a matter of fact, all the American social media apps do. and the one social media app that did the opposite is getting banned from the country. hmm 🤔

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Stringent posted:

I hope it eventually comes out that Mossad has copies of the Epstein tapes or something. This is so pathetic.

Mossad has the originals

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Orange Devil posted:

Yet another thing Germany is leading the way on with their requirement for explicitly signed loyalty pledges to the Israeli state.

Like as someone genuinely interested in fighting antisemitism, how exactly am I going to be able to say "Nono, the Jews don't control everything, it's because of some complicated and really dumb reasons that you have to sign loyalty pledges to the Israeli government for everything" and be taken seriously?

Especially since the argument that doesn't lead you into antisemitism is that NATO et al loving love genocidal regimes as long as they buy our guns and provide us resources, which I don't think the German government wants to become popular opinion

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i think what makes these protests different from blm, and much harder to coopt, is that there are essentially no highly visible domestic targets and the protests aren't asking the criminal justice system to abandon its founding principle (white supremacy). there's no way for npr to scare wine moms into thinking black people are going to burn down their suburban starbucks, which as ridiculous as that may be is a fear that can easily be stoked by the media. the best they can do is label the whole thing antisemitic, which nobody truly believes anymore, israel has already burned that bridge by accusing people that people actually like of antisemitism

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
So the mass outrage over the Yale student who was violently stabbed in the eye by a Hamas terrorist, the one that’s been plastered all over American media…yeah here’s that video.

This isn’t a joke. This is the real video of the “incident”
I cannot believe the media ran with this news. But then again they ran with the beheaded babies/ mass rape story too. Shouldn’t be surprised at this point. But Jesus Christ, what happened to due diligence in journalism?

https://x.com/valleyboyvoice/status/1782812311809630218?s=46

CheetoVonTito has issued a correction as of 15:10 on Apr 24, 2024

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

CheetoVonTito posted:

So the mass outrage over the Yale student who was violently stabbed in the eye by a Hamas terrorist, the one that’s been plastered all over American media…yeah here’s that video.

https://x.com/valleyboyvoice/status/1782812311809630218?s=46

Learning she worked for Quillette was really loving funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-ready-to-launch-rafah-operation-pending-government-approval-defense-official/
The Israel Defense Forces has conducted all necessary preparations to take Gaza’s southernmost city of Rafah and can launch an operation the moment it gets government approval, a senior defense official tells Reuters.

There is no note of whether the defense official quoted is connected to the IDF.

Israel has said that victory in the Gaza war, launched after Hamas’s cross-border massacre and kidnapping spree on October 7, is impossible without taking Rafah, crushing the terror group, and recovering any hostages there.