Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Learning she worked for Quillette was really loving funny

https://twitter.com/Ozzilla22/status/1783039912935371256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

the two main avenues for information are really just tiktok and twitter right?

And telegram

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

TeenageArchipelago posted:

If you manually remove poo poo from your history it can help but lmao YouTube wants you to be alt-right

Go to watch history, remove it, and then have some sort of channel with stuff you're lightly into that has a bunch of short videos on a playlist, like a cooking or a gaming history or a sciency-explainer channel. Set that playlist to like 2x and go walk a dog or do some groceries or generally find an excuse to be away from computer. By the time you're back, if you are logged in you probably drowned the recommend of the original video in a sudden big interest in Food Wishes or something.

(Either that or watch the Sam Hyde video on a non-tracker youtube client like Invidious on private, I know I do that when people send me videos like that.)

Kunster has issued a correction as of 15:22 on Apr 24, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hamas just published a video of an israeli prisoner

============

‎Al-Qassam publishes video of an Israeli prisoner condemning Netanyahu's handling of the prisoners' file‎

‎The al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas), released a video of an Israeli prisoner denouncing what he described as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's government's neglect of the prisoners and demanding action for his release.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6479250

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 2 hours!)

Also the full video of the Cali Poly Tech is truly beautiful. And not just because of the glorious student who beat…errr BOOPED cops with the water jug, because at the end of the video (4:20 mark) they start screaming “Free Palestine!” And it reminded me of the way Aaron Bushnell also screamed it. It made me emotional and grateful. So much negative news lately. This one made me smile.

https://x.com/bartleby_era/status/1782890990245687409?s=46

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CheetoVonTito posted:

So the mass outrage over the Yale student who was violently stabbed in the eye by a Hamas terrorist, the one that’s been plastered all over American media…yeah here’s that video.

This isn’t a joke. This is the real video of the “incident”
I cannot believe the media ran with this news. But then again they ran with the beheaded babies/ mass rape story too. Shouldn’t be surprised at this point. But Jesus Christ, what happened to due diligence in journalism?

https://x.com/valleyboyvoice/status/1782812311809630218?s=46

:mods: Don't post gore videos

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Didn't see this posted, and fair warning, it's pretty harrowing but, it's good to have more Palestinian accounts of what's going on:

In Gaza's Hospitals by Omar al-Najjar

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

shes right, Israeli couscous shouldnt just be called couscous because its actually pasta

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

even their couscous is fake!!!!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Kunster posted:

Go to watch history, remove it, and then have some sort of channel with stuff you're lightly into that has a bunch of short videos on a playlist, like a cooking or a gaming history or a sciency-explainer channel. Set that playlist to like 2x and go walk a dog or do some groceries or generally find an excuse to be away from computer. By the time you're back, if you are logged in you probably drowned the recommend of the original video in a sudden big interest in Food Wishes or something.

(Either that or watch the Sam Hyde video on a non-tracker youtube client like Invidious on private, I know I do that when people send me videos like that.)

“Algorithmic Content Optimization” was always the most basic tool of totalitarian propaganda. if you are incognito you can’t be fed liberal propaganda. the most steadfast anti-liberal i knew in my childhood was my maternal grandfather who wasn't online at all. liberal propaganda did not reach him

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
nvm

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hamas lambasts the US government for suppressing freedom of speech on college campuses

=============

‎Hamas: US administration violates students' and professors' right to expression‎

‎The Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) said that "the US administration is violating the individual rights and the right of expression of university students and faculty members who reject the genocide in Gaza."‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%88%D9%82%D9%81

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Al! posted:

even their couscous is fake!!!!

fake rear end country with its fake rear end couscous

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Lol I know this may be burger posting but I can't get over the brain trust at Columbia deciding to go to zoom class and thinking they're not gonna be sued into oblivion

They're clearly scared

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off
Can someone tell me what burger posting is so I don't accidentally do it?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Jen heir rick posted:

Can someone tell me what burger posting is so I don't accidentally do it?

paul_soccer10 posted:

4. No hamburger brained posting. This is tough to define but some examples would be: chat about nukes, invading Iran, chuds, trump, doing a draft, or other stuff that focuses more on american electoral junk than the ongoing plight of the Palestinian people. Anything that looks like burger people imagining ways the suffering of palestine will affect them personally will be annihilated.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

CheetoVonTito posted:

Thinking about that documentary that Aljazeera (with Wael Dahdouh) did a while back about the resistance and how they survived off nothing but dates for a few months during the Nahal Oz war in 2014. Literally 2 small dates a day.

https://x.com/suppressednws/status/1783051698258198591?s=46

Is their argument that the Hamas spokesperson doesn't look like he's starving (unlike the rest of Gaza)?

Because if so that's... an interesting point to make.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

shes right, Israeli couscous shouldnt just be called couscous because its actually pasta

Wait, its like Orzo??

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

whose goose?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Wait, its like Orzo??

it is exactly orzo, but i guess its slightly different because it's "toasted"

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/bo_austin_/status/1783020212209566040

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

its not homophobia lol tom brady is well known for kissing his kids on the mouth extremely weirdly.

every now and then I’d kiss my mom on the mouth just a little peck nothing weird, and I turned out fine. she died a couple years back tho so maybe take it easy with the mouth kisses

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

its not homophobia lol tom brady is well known for kissing his kids on the mouth extremely weirdly.

It's kind of homophobic to not accept that Tom doesn't view kissing as a homoerotic or romantic thing since his dad raised him that way. You're insisting that two male family members kissing has to be an expression of gayness.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I only kiss men gayly

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

PhilippAchtel posted:

Is their argument that the Hamas spokesperson doesn't look like he's starving (unlike the rest of Gaza)?

You're looking at it the wrong way. It's that he's lost a lot of weight between the pictures (which is kind of hard to tell thanks to a full uniform, but that's the point it's making).

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Shut up about Tom Brady

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tom brady kisses his son in a heterosexual way, that ill give you. but does his shirt have to be off every time

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

NeonPunk posted:

Shut up about Tom Brady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf8HM1qiOC0

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

holy loving poo poo did that dude miss the entire point of the humanities :wow:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Pretty solid way to out yourself as having no expertise in whatever you are a professor in tbh.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

In order for me to write poetry that isn’t political
I must listen to the birds
and in order to hear the birds
the warplanes must be silent.
– Marwan Makhoul, Palestinian Poet

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

PhilippAchtel posted:

The exact opposite - it's saying that the spokesperson for hamas is visibly thinner showing that "Hamas steals the aid, meaning we must starve gaza to starve them" is a zionist lie

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://x.com/qudsnen/status/1783061318230041022?s=46

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

OctaMurk posted:

Its ok, Israeli has built Humanitarian Islands for the civilian population

Humanitarian islands are mountains, mountains of corpses.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
https://x.com/jackmirkinson/status/1783134438303428771?s=46&t=pYXbrsIUxM-F__2KiH5Cag

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/NaksBilal/status/1783064016459370846

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Pretty safe bet these days that any Israeli officials twitter statements are gonna have gore in the replies

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Not feeling good about freedom flotilla 2,

It’s brave but drat, freedom flotilla 1 was a rough scene

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Sancho Banana posted:

In reaction to the students' protests, Ben Gvir wants the Israeli police to reach out to Jewish communities abroad to encourage them to create paramilitary "defense" squads like the ones in the kibbutzim and assist in doing so. Definitely a sane suggestion.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1783122323454697531?t=dMPWr0JkG8jjxB7bXXTtGw&s=19

lol lmao if this dipshit ends up being bibi’s replacement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Killing a Mandela in support of an apartheid state is a look.