Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Nonsense posted:

who the gently caress is following Brianna Wu, a deranged bad game maker

the only gamergate target that didnt produce any content that anyone was interested in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Brianna Poo is the worst person on Twitter

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

loquacius posted:

why is Biden up in Michigan, that should be his weakest one

evidence of the residual strength of Biden's position and the "vote blue no matter who" messaging. As election day approaches, my prediction is that his numbers gradually improve as likely 2024 voters who have been turned off by his policies come around to voting for him anyway.

2024 is biden's election to lose or win as he sees fit

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol at universities declaring hybrid learning due to protests but not for covid

I think the only reason the government took covid seriously in 2020 was because they thought if everyone was quarantined then a summer of ‘68 scenario couldn’t happen that year.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

There will be far more republicans turning out for the presidential election then democrats

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

^^^ that's probably it

Idk if I trust Trump +1 in PA given how they just held the primary yesterday and Nikki Haley still got 16% of the vote

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Biden's Michigan numbers are well within the margin of error, no doubt. I can't see Arab-Americans voting for that gently caress now.

WampaLord posted:

Her parents gave her $200k to make a lovely video game lol (or as she words it, "animation business")

https://x.com/kiltpossum/status/1783113331030831120

:lol:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Michigan is red in every other poll

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

shyduck posted:

^^^ that's probably it

Idk if I trust Trump +1 in PA given how they just held the primary yesterday and Nikki Haley still got 16% of the vote

Nikki Haley is the democratic star of the future

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

shyduck posted:

^^^ that's probably it

is that supposed to be impressive for her or scary for trump

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I hope Biden is just lucid enough to process his presidential loss and that it's the last thing he sees as he drifts away from the light

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

16% is "filled out the ballot wrong" numbers

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
there was a little bit of concern trolling about whether Floyd protestors were wearing masks but covid lockdowns started months before the Floyd protests started

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Al! posted:

is that supposed to be impressive for her or scary for trump
Probably more about Trump than Haley. May as well have had an option for "Other"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i don't care. you can't make me read about will stancil you stupid rear end in a top hat

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-bruised-by-another-brutal-haley-protest-vote-in-pennsylvania-primary

quote:

Biden, of course, has been navigating a protest vote movement of his own from critics of his support for Israel during its war against Hamas in Gaza. That effort continued in Pennsylvania on Tuesday, where the “Abandon Biden” group encouraged people to write in “NO JOE” as an equivalent protest to the “uncommitted” vote that has tormented the Biden campaign in other states.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

shyduck posted:

Probably more about Trump than Haley. May as well have had an option for "Other"

In 2020 Bernie was still getting 20+% in primaries even after dropping out.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lmao at that ettingermentum quote

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

That’s actually not bad for 1994

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Gripweed posted:

That’s actually not bad for 1994

it came out in 2014

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

SixteenShells posted:

it came out in 2014

lol

lmao

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Soap Scum posted:

i used to listen to his podcast about linguistics, then somehow (can't remember details) picked up some subtle weird lovely politics vibes from him, so i read his wikipedia page and immediately unsubscribed after what i saw there. total piece of poo poo.

oh i think the tip-off was that he was extremely weirdly obsessed with old dead white composers who suck rear end

cage’s piano works are kinda cool but I wonder who you are referring to? Babbitt and those serialism losers (except for Berg)?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lol.imagjnging that Stonerbrook would have mass protests, the CUNY and SUNY sysytem exist to churn our civil servants, and to be schools that people from high school default to cause they didn't know what to do with their lives

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

sonatinas posted:

cage’s piano works are kinda cool but I wonder who you are referring to? Babbitt and those serialism losers (except for Berg)?

oh, this wasn't specifically about cage, this was just like a collection/pattern that i noticed on the Lexicon Valley podcast in general. i couldn't name them for you now, i just remember he was constantly singing dandy li'l ol' diddies from the 1920s and unlistenable show tunes that weren't interesting or pleasant at all and wondering what the hell was going on with that. if you want some examples, maybe check an old Lexicon Valley archived ep from back when i was listening to it (maybe like 2018 / 2019?) and you'll almost certainly hear a few examples

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Readers added context they thought people might want to know

The definition of democracy is "a system of government in which laws, policies, leadership, and major undertakings of a state or other polity are directly or indirectly decided by the 'people.'"

britannica.com/topic/democracy

It is misleading to try to redefine the word to fit America's form of governance.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Florida is "in play" though!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mags posted:

Eagerly awaiting my golden nojoe tag

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://apnews.com/article/tiktok-ban-congress-bill-1c48466df82f3684bd6eb21e61ebcb8d

please president xi, send chengdu j-20 mighty dragon, my nation yearns for short video

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Five Eyes want all english language information dissemination under their control.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Nonsense posted:

The Five Eyes want all english language information dissemination under their control.

read this as five guys and now i want a burger

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eimi posted:

https://apnews.com/article/tiktok-ban-congress-bill-1c48466df82f3684bd6eb21e61ebcb8d

please president xi, send chengdu j-20 mighty dragon, my nation yearns for short video

it's kinda a funny indictment on the state of our political system that the only way to pass a bill nobody wanted to pass funding a proxy war was to include another incredibly unpopular piece of legislation no one wanted to pass as a means of economic war

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nonsense posted:

they will fall to the user of the six eyes and infinity

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

why is Biden up in Michigan, that should be his weakest one

because polls aren’t real

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
it's a democracy when you want the same thing a politician does, and it's a democratic republic when you don't. it's schroedinger's government

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

docbeard posted:

Readers added context they thought people might want to know

The definition of democracy is "a system of government in which laws, policies, leadership, and major undertakings of a state or other polity are directly or indirectly decided by the 'people.'"

britannica.com/topic/democracy

It is misleading to try to redefine the word to fit America's form of governance.

very curious how america is a democracy in which policy choices are totally uncorrelated with popular preference and everyone hates the government, while china is a totalitarian dictatorship where policy choices are heavily correlated with popular preference and most people like the government

looking into this

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

mags posted:

lol if his photo op with unions saves his rear end

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Brianna W-ill Stancil

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

people don't even remember the strikes, why would they remember a photo he took with union workers

goes both ways

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
Union dem indoctrination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

Brianna W-ill Stancil

Anyone have a teleportation machine handy? We can make this happen