Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
DOT: *makes airline fees more transparent*

Hogs: :byodood: LOOK AT ALL OF THE FEES BIDEN ADDED TO MY FLIGHTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I love the US DOT's logo. Best Government logo?

And no, the screaming mad eagle coming to get you for copying DVDs doesn't beat it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Anders posted:

Unless Bytedance pulls out of the US market because it's "only" 10% of their user base and they'd still be a very profitable company

Only 10% of user base but I wonder home much ad revenue that 10% generates compared to the rest of the 90%?

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Does the band Rush intersect with the word pecker at all?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Geddy Lee looks like one

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Toxic Mental posted:

It's a divestment bill for tiktok and nothing else, no functionality will change for the users, and moving to put it into US-controlled interests isn't going to ever be challenged in court.

This.

The funniest part of the whole saga was when TikTolkien asked its users to contact Congress, resulting in what might be the biggest backfire I've ever witnessed.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

"This social media app is a user-surveillance crisis! Better put it in the hands of US tech bros!" -- our government

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

friendship ended with rush
now Coheed and Cambria is best friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e19AZhSwyCs

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Squiggle posted:

Geddy Lee looks like one

No, he looks like a Pressler

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Holy poo poo, you guys don't have this already?

I got $600 when my flight from the US to Europe was delayed by 4 hours last time I was there

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Alan_Shore posted:

I got $600 when my flight from the US to Europe was delayed by 4 hours last time I was there
We did not, no. Clearly another example of the Democrats succumbing to decorum

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

down1nit posted:

Does the band Rush intersect with the word pecker at all?

They have a song called "A passage to Bangkok", does that count?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Alan_Shore posted:

I got stranded in the Minneapolis airport a few years ago when Delta's entire computer system went down, I was offered a slice of pizza from some dude wearing dirty latex gloves

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean i agree, the issue is the GOP can't really change without pain, if they start heading toward the center, they have to do it all almost all their issues and they will lose ALOT of chuds and it will take them a couple cycles to make new inroads and connections and poo poo. basicaly mid term pain for theoretical long term benefits.

Let them have a few decades of “the republican candidate is talking about some stupid immigration plan instead of just saying ‘deport them all!’ I may as well vote for the Democrat!” And then the Washington Post can run it as a headline. Only seems fair.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alan_Shore posted:

Lotsa folks still don't understand how lovely it is to live in America.

EVERYTHING costs money. If you're in public, you're expected to pay for stuff. You can't really just... be out.

Our consumer protections are a joke without a punchline.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Speaking of Rush, remember when Rush Limbaugh died? That was cool.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But I thought Pete Buttigieg was completely ineffectual.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe people should ride more trains if planes suck sooo bad.

also demand more rails and better rails so passenger / civian trains dont have to park to the side for biz/commercial trains. also demand their work gives even more vacation hours and days so people are okay with the time sink of trains.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Our consumer protections are a joke without a punchline.

stealing this line for my RATM/Outernational influenced political rock band

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Kevyn posted:

Speaking of Rush, remember when Rush Limbaugh died? That was cool.

Not only did he die, but his death gave birth to the most joyous thread on these forums

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Alan_Shore posted:

We had a flight delayed 12 hours and got $200ea in vouchers because my wife is a pro traveler and knows how to enter complaints and get compensation. They try to gently caress you otherwise.

Budget airlines like Spirit and Frontier straight up gently caress you over just out of spite.

edit: I work in transportation and was skeptical of how well "Mayor Pete" would perform as the transportation secretary. He's been really great at implementing policy, is good at dealing with media, and seems legitimately informed on loving everything. Really good dude.

Civil fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 24, 2024

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

loving Moron posted:

I am going to be without my phone for a good four hours. I am requesting a recap of the morning lols for my stupid rear end ahead of time for when I get back.

Drump.

Yes sir Mister Trump.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I once flew to Toronto on Air Canada for work. My flight was delayed a few hours and I missed a connecting flight. I, an American, was shocked when I was told I would receive a check in the mail for like $400 for a flight I didn’t pay for in the first place because the airline hosed up.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Harveygod posted:

This.

The funniest part of the whole saga was when TikTolkien asked its users to contact Congress, resulting in what might be the biggest backfire I've ever witnessed.

I legit want to know what happened.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I had a flight delayed for like 4 or 5 hours and when I complained they gave some BS answer and a couple hundred miles which probably added up to like 10 bucks

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah I’ll just take the train from Philadelphia to Phoenix

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I got stranded in the Minneapolis airport a few years ago when Delta's entire computer system went down, I was offered a slice of pizza from some dude wearing dirty latex gloves

I got abandoned in Nashville overnight with no luggage and was given a $10 food voucher for a place that closed hours before I landed.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
One time I was on a plane and I got to go up to the cockpit and the pilot asked me a series of increasingly uncomfortable questions.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

One time I was on a plane and I got to go up to the cockpit and the pilot asked me a series of increasingly uncomfortable questions.

Do you like gladiator movies?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah but you got to meet Kareem.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

"Are you going to vote for Trump or do I have to turn this plane back around?"

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

big nipples big life posted:

Yeah but you got to meet Kareem.

That was Roger Murdock. You must have him confused with someone else.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Roger, Roger

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Welcome to the Rush page!

I know it's not this page but wanted to say there was one time my company funded an outing after work for the entire tech branch of the company and a coworker friend and I decided to abuse the in-house jukebox system there and loaded up Rush's 2112 like 4 or 5 times in a row or so. Every time other coworkers thought it was finally over, it'd just start again for the next 20 minutes. Strangely enough, that company handed out t-shirts to employees a couple of years later that looked like the 2112 album cover but with their company logo altered onto it instead.

It maybe wasn't as much of a jerk move as when I used to walk through the department next to the room I worked in and would whistle just the first 4 notes of The Final Countdown. Aaaaaaaaaand 4, 3, 2, 1... wait for someone who can't stand it anymore to whistle out the next 5 notes.

Alright, enough stories about me using music as a weapon. Back to laughing at Trump's goblin face.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Did you try speaking jive?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

It is really not looking good

On one hand you got this evil mother fucker

On other hand you have this

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

Randalor posted:

They have a song called "A passage to Bangkok", does that count?

This is good enough, thanks

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Can you guys post some funny sweaty trump pictures? My zoomer step son thinks that fat sweaty bastard is funny as hell, and honestly same. Doing my part to raise the next generation right 🤙🏻🤙🏻

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

It is really not looking good

On one hand you got this evil mother fucker

On other hand you have this

Genuinely have no idea how this is going to go

Kavanaugh and Roberts are going to be the deciders I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The airline change is good but god my mental image goes to "Wait, we'd lose money? gently caress the safety requirements, send it up, it's cheaper to deal with bar PR than refunding entire planes every time we screw up!"