Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

RadiRoot posted:

i wasnt being serious btw

Maybe if you didn't post like them I wouldn't have you in the Thorn and Shrike category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Maybe if you didn't post like them I wouldn't have you in the Thorn and Shrike category.

i cant troll like you sorry. will try better

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

been very quiet since the french reveal no?

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

France is badass.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Son of Sorrow posted:

France is pisss.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

mawarannahr posted:

Vim Fuego probation evasion ban

did he buy this himself or did he manage to get redtexted in 11 posts?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

set up a call with a recruiter tomorrow. gotta play the numbers game.

Apr 24, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 19:55 on Apr 24, 2024

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lobster shirt posted:

hang in there

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

good luck lobster

I've gotten a job through a headhunter before. Slimy individuals but sometimes they're useful. Like finding an apartment through a realtor

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

stalin cant keep getting away with it

He can, and I'm going to help him

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
My co workers are getting riled up but it's only Wednesday!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

Recruiters and staffing agencies are a p good vector to get in for at least temp work. It is how I got current gig. Do not be fooled, they are fleshmongers. They are selling you like cattle and if you ever find out how big their cut is you will be radicalized.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ohtori Akio posted:

been very quiet since the french reveal no?

dunno

lobster shirt posted:

get that job quick, the bag's starting to feel a little light

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

This website is as old as the Afghanistan occupation. There was a generational troop who was born after 9/11/2001 and then deployed when they came of age before the withdrawal. I can think of one poster who could be a legacy poster. .

One of the GBS war thread psychos said he got his account from his mom when she stopped posting here.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

rodbeard posted:

One of the GBS war thread psychos said he got his account from his mom when she stopped posting here.

lmao

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

rodbeard posted:

lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

rodbeard posted:

drat, didn't know Microwave was a war thread psycho these days

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

rodbeard posted:

I will be bequeathing my account & accompanying moderation duties to whomever I dislike the most

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

clutching my infant son to my breast, teary-eyed, swearing to him that I would never curse him with a Something Awful user account

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

External Organs posted:

My co workers are getting riled up but it's only Wednesday!

unsurprising that you named your dog after a chud

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

Recruiters and staffing agencies are a p good vector to get in for at least temp work. It is how I got current gig. Do not be fooled, they are fleshmongers. They are selling you like cattle and if you ever find out how big their cut is you will be radicalized.

Got my education on this front years ago when a law office I was temping with as a secretary/document preparer told me flat-out that they wanted to convert me but couldn't afford to pay off the temp agency.

(In retrospect, based on what I heard from other people who worked at that same place, I dodged a bullet.)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

drat, didn't know Microwave was a war thread psycho these days

Lmao

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

clutching my infant son to my breast, teary-eyed, swearing to him that I would never curse him with a Something Awful user account

Coaching my with his doodle pad. Reinforcing phonics with simple phrases like:

"Eye Mmm GUH aaye yuh"

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im trying to teach my son not to use bad language so we will be browsing the forums logged out, at this time, for the word filter. loving, darn, drat, friend of the family, making gbs threads.... these are words he will knnow.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

im trying to teach my son not to use bad language so we will be browsing the forums logged out, at this time, for the word filter. loving, darn, drat, friend of the family, making gbs threads.... these are words he will knnow.

"father shirt, why do they keep talking about grandma?"

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

lobster shirt posted:

ask astral to add that as an option

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Lavender has really taken off as a flavoring for pastries and other baked goods, and personally I am here for it. It is approaching the ubiquity that mango had a few years ago. Nice to see people finally waking. The gently caress. Up.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

docbeard posted:

Got my education on this front years ago when a law office I was temping with as a secretary/document preparer told me flat-out that they wanted to convert me but couldn't afford to pay off the temp agency.

(In retrospect, based on what I heard from other people who worked at that same place, I dodged a bullet.)

Temping now and this place told me that theyčd rather hire me (or contract directly or whatever) but they have to wait like four months for the huge hiring fee from the agency to go away lol

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

had a nice walk to a grocery store today, only ~1.5km away but a 90m height difference

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its not fair to give someone a 6er just because the thread had been derailed to the point i legit thought it was the succ zone

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Megamissen posted:

had a nice walk to a grocery store today, only ~1.5km away but a 90m height difference

trying to impress a Dane?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

the weedwife went to the weedstore and got me a lil bag of a new variety to try. done with work for the day, sun is shining, i'm gonna get ripped and enjoy it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

its not fair to give someone a 6er just because the thread had been derailed to the point i legit thought it was the succ zone

it's fine it's fine we're letting go of it

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

Lavender has really taken off as a flavoring for pastries and other baked goods, and personally I am here for it. It is approaching the ubiquity that mango had a few years ago. Nice to see people finally waking. The gently caress. Up.

gently caress lavender and gently caress you

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

rodbeard posted:

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
it's an old lady flavor

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

rodbeard posted:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

rodbeard posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

it's an old lady flavor

old ladies got good taste sometimes. lavendar and cucumber are both old lady flavors i learned to appreciate as i became an old lady myself.