Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The crazy thing is if she just said she'd like her brother to live with them for a while so he could go to a better school, husband probably could have been convinced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Especially pregnancy cravings, those will drive you completely insane.

There are so many husbands that can't handle a bit of solidarity for their pregnant wives.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Hughlander posted:

Can't find the link but I believe we discussed part 1 but...

Aita for leaving my wife over a computer?

Aita for leaving my wife over a computer? (Update)

Aita for leaving my wife over a computer? (Update 2)

Did not see that one coming!

All of that's a pretty wild ride, but this one

quote:

Emma thought I would be more inclined to say yes if I thought it was her parents moving in.

takes the cake.

"Surprise, honey, it's actually my brother moving in in stead of my parents!" or "Bobby, remember to put on the false mustache or he'll notice you're not Dad!"?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

wheatpuppy posted:

Did she think he just wouldn't notice her brother living there? Or was he supposed to hide every time OP came back from Japan?

Teen son would presumably live with his parents. The parents she was trying to move in.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

The crazy thing is if she just said she'd like her brother to live with them for a while so he could go to a better school, husband probably could have been convinced.
None of her behavior sounds like it makes the slightest bit of sense honestly.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

She was lying about life three different things at once and couldn't seem to keep them straight

compshateme85
Jan 28, 2009

Oh you like racoons? Name three of their songs. You dope.

DreamingofRoses posted:

As a fat person, waving food a person physically cannot eat without harming themselves but still has cravings for in front of a person is mean as gently caress.

I think waving something in someone else's face that they really want and can't have is pretty inconsiderate, regardless of weight.

That said, I just don't get having a total breakdown over a food craving. I've been pregnant and wanted to eat half a chocolate cake that was leftover from a party, or demolish an entire jar of pickles. And I knew it would be bad later so I just...didn't? Because I'm in charge of me? The guy sounds like a total rear end in a top hat and I'm confused as to why she decided to have a kid with someone who has probably been that selfish the entire time, but nuking a relationship you supposedly want to be in over temporary food cravings seems shortsighted.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Cloacamazing! posted:

"Bobby, remember to put on the false mustache or he'll notice you're not Dad!"?

I was picturing this, but also a Mrs Doubtfire quickchange / talking to imaginary person in other room / face in cake situation so the brother can play the mother too

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

compshateme85 posted:

I think waving something in someone else's face that they really want and can't have is pretty inconsiderate, regardless of weight.

That said, I just don't get having a total breakdown over a food craving. I've been pregnant and wanted to eat half a chocolate cake that was leftover from a party, or demolish an entire jar of pickles. And I knew it would be bad later so I just...didn't? Because I'm in charge of me? The guy sounds like a total rear end in a top hat and I'm confused as to why she decided to have a kid with someone who has probably been that selfish the entire time, but nuking a relationship you supposedly want to be in over temporary food cravings seems shortsighted.

Eh, my wife and I are on quite restricted diets that barely overlap. Both of us would desperately rather eat what the other does, really. (At least temporarily, grass is greener, etc...) If I ate what she needs to eat I'd be in the ER within days, if she ate what I did her bloodwork would quickly go out of control. It sucks but you deal with it, we basically couldn't eat otherwise. The alternative is horrible illness, death, or divorce.

It more sucks from a shopping/leftovers/cooking perspective. It's tough to get the motivation to cook properly for one and not drown in leftovers you get sick of.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

compshateme85 posted:

I think it massively depends on your relationship with food in general. I have a hard time wanting to eat, so a craving is a good thing that helps me. I had work done on my teeth that meant I was on a restricted diet for a while and cravings suddenly became super frustrating. If I added pregnancy hormones on top of that, I think I'd have been having a drat bad time.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Baronjutter posted:

I think for that to be completely above board, one of them would have to become the legal guardian of her brother. People will frequently use the address of a relative to get their child into a better school district, and it's considered fraud. Schools can and do ask for proof of residency from the parents/guardians when changing districts.

That said, they probably could have pulled something where they show the school a fake utility bill to prove residency, and as long as she always intercepted any mail from the school (do schools send physical mail anymore?), her husband would have never known.

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 24, 2024

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

compshateme85 posted:

That said, I just don't get having a total breakdown over a food craving.
The problem is, this isn't "a food craving". It sounds like she probably has gestational diabetes, which requires the same sort of carb-controlled diet as for Type 1, only stricter because you can't take insulin. If I went through six months without potatoes, butter, any processed sweet food, and beef, I'd be cranky too.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't know why there's any debate over this guy's balls. It's loving stupid. I drove my ex to the emergency room at 3:00am because she had intense pain following a LEEP procedure. I didn't realize I was supposed to fall on the floor and roll around laughing hysterically 'cause her hoo-ha was sore.

did she use medical terms or did she call it a hoo-ha, because saying "ouchie in my balls" reads very differently from "debilitating pain in my groin/testicles"

edit: "my balls" sounds like a bad punchline

PookBear fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 24, 2024

mystes
May 31, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

gestational diabetes, which requires the same sort of carb-controlled diet as for Type 1, only stricter because you can't take insulin.
Googling, it I can't find any source saying that insulin can't be used for gestational diabetes

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The problem is, this isn't "a food craving". It sounds like she probably has gestational diabetes, which requires the same sort of carb-controlled diet as for Type 1, only stricter because you can't take insulin. If I went through six months without potatoes, butter, any processed sweet food, and beef, I'd be cranky too.

While gestating an entire human being. And, at least until the therapist suggested a compromise, while your partner was cheerfully bringing home donuts and eating them in front of you.

She may have overreacted now, but there was enough stress before to justify her attempting to strangle him with her placenta.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Losing your poo poo over a Cheesecake Factory receipt is right out, in and of itself...but is it really that hard not to eat foods your wife can't have in front of her? Is not being able to order DoorDash from the couch really unbearable?

Hughlander posted:

Aita for leaving my wife over a computer? (Update 2)

Did not see that one coming!
This is beyond, like, lying about being pregnant. How did she think this was going to work out?

PookBear posted:

did she use medical terms or did she call it a hoo-ha, because saying "ouchie in my balls" reads very differently from "debilitating pain in my groin/testicles"
He tried to call her at least 5 times, and she ignored and blocked him.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 24, 2024

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cloacamazing! posted:

While gestating an entire human being. And, at least until the therapist suggested a compromise, while your partner was cheerfully bringing home donuts and eating them in front of you.

She may have overreacted now, but there was enough stress before to justify her attempting to strangle him with her placenta.
The general tone of his post seems like he was probably being insensitive about it but it also seems like she basically feels that he automatically shouldn't be allowed to eat anything she's not able to eat, even when he's by himself and she's not seeing it, so I kind of feel like they both suck, although I'm willing to cut her more slack since she's going through pregnancy and gestational diabetes or whatever.

It sounds like they have mostly accepted the compromise proposed by the therapist, but she is being an rear end in a top hat by freaking out about a receipt in his car (come on) and he is imo being an rear end in a top hat by posting this on reddit in a way where it seems like he probably wants people to tell him that he should go back to eating donuts in front of her (at least try to understand her feelings even if the actual freakout about the receipt is dumb)

If they are already doing couples therapy... just talk about this in therapy for fucks sake

mystes fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 24, 2024

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

mystes posted:

Googling, it I can't find any source saying that insulin can't be used for gestational diabetes

You absolutely can, my wife had GD and used insulin for some of the pregnancy.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Okay doesn't gestational diabetes sometimes last beyond pregnancy or even become permanent diabetes? Because that seems like a factor too, it may not just be like "don't eat this for nine months" but instead, "don't eat this forever." Dude needs more therapy and so does she, or their lives are gonna implode.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

compshateme85 posted:

My ex had a little meltdown while pregnant, and craving god drat Burger King cheese dip, ice cubes and strawberries. Ice and strawberries I could get but the only burger king nearby was closed, and the nearest one was like an hour away, it was late and neither of us drive. She kind of lost it a little, not in a shouty mean way, but the worse way where she just cried silently and looked like she wanted me to kill her. So I called and woke her dad up, and then we drove for an hour each way to load up on cheese dip. It's funny, when I called and he picked up he was understandably a little annoyed but after I explained the cheese dip situation he was like "I'm on my way" instantly and he pulled up 10 minutes later, still in his pj's. Good man.
Anyway I think I would have tried to rob a bank if she had asked me to at that point, due to Biology I guess? I'm just happy all that was asked of me was cheese dip.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Scathach posted:

Okay doesn't gestational diabetes sometimes last beyond pregnancy or even become permanent diabetes? Because that seems like a factor too, it may not just be like "don't eat this for nine months" but instead, "don't eat this forever." Dude needs more therapy and so does she, or their lives are gonna implode.
He doesn't need therapy. Arguably he needs a therapist to tell him to stop using Therapy Words to play the victim and be a dickhead.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Halloween Jack posted:

He doesn't need therapy. Arguably he needs a therapist to tell him to stop using Therapy Words to play the victim and be a dickhead.

Okay, that works too. They both sound insufferable, though I realize she's pregnant and that's an awful position to find oneself in, so I give her a lot more leeway.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

the wife sounds utterly tedious. get a grip, woman

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Housing a baby in ones body is such a huge thing, that if the one who is literally growing your child inside of them doesn't want junk food around because they can't eat it, then it's reasonable to expect you be discreet and not keep it around. The fact he's trying to turn it into that he's got trauma about not being able to have access to the junk foods as a child is an excuse to keep doing this is gross and he needs to step back. He legit threatened his pregnant partner with divorce over this.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Scathach posted:

Yes, gestational diabetes can become type 2 diabetes. It's a very high percentage, too, though I don't recall exactly. Somewhere between 25 and 50% maybe.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Holy hell, another reason to be so happy I can't get pregnant. That's horrifying by itself. Doesn't seem like a good enough tradeoff, either.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Scathach posted:

Around half of women in the USA who have gestational diabetes will develop Type 2 diabetes later in life, especially if the woman does not attempt to mitigate her other avoidable risk factors, such as being overweight, or having a high-sugar, low fibre diet.

If you have gestational diabetes they will check to make sure it's gone at around the 2 month post-partum point, and then recommend you get checked out for Type 2 every year afterwards.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

I'm going with Wonka and my mind won't be changed
Dune 2 in IMAX with a pre-ordered Dune worm bucket

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

I'm going with Wonka and my mind won't be changed

CannonFodder posted:

Dune 2 in IMAX with a pre-ordered Dune worm bucket

Wonka in IMAX with a smuggled-in Dune worm bucket, they call it the "Chalamet switcheroo"

mystes
May 31, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

They absolutely need (more) couples therapy because they apparently can't agree on how to handle situations like this in a mutually acceptable away.

mystes fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 24, 2024

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

oompa loompa doopa dee darraige
You have no chance of saving your marriage

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Snow Cone Capone posted:

oompa loompa doopa dee darraige
You have no chance of saving your marriage

lmfao

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So, uh, what’s a Dune worm bucket?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

A promo item for the Dune movie was a popcorn bucket that looked like a gaping rectum.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Girlfriend (25f) angry when I(27m) ordered myself food and wouldn't share despite her refusing to order anything?

quote:

This week I had a minor examination at hospital that required me to not eat for 24 hours prior to the test. My appointment was also delayed by 4 hours so by the time it was done and by the time I got home it was over 32-34 hours since I had eaten anything.

Because of this I was very hungry and tired so I decided to order some food. I asked my gf if she wanted anything but she said no. My gf said she'd rather cook than order out but I said I'd prefer a takeaway so we can just have separate meals.

She said she'd rather we both just cooked but I again refused and told her I'm ordering myself food. I ordered the food and she decided to not cook and just said she didn't want anything.

Once my food came I was sat eating and she came over and asked if she could have some. I asked if she was serious. I pointed out I asked her multiple times if she wanted anything and she's waited for me to sit and enjoy my food to try and take it.

I mentioned that I've ordered exactly what I was because of how hungry I am but she just said she was hungry too since she hadn't eaten. I mentioned that the only reason she hadn't eaten was because I didn't want to cook for her and that doesn't mean she can come and take my food instead.

I said if she wants something to eat she can either order herself something or cook it but I'm not sharing what I ordered.

She said I was being too selfish and that I have enough to share so I should be fine sharing with her. She said she's not asking for much and that I'm being unfair but I don't see how I am since I offered to order her something multiple times. How would you handle this?

tl;dr my girlfriend declined my offer to order her some food and said she'd rather cook. When I still chose to order myself food, she decided not to cook and then tried to take the food I had ordered for myself. When I refused to share she said I was being too selfish and should be fine to share it. How would you handle this?

I don't think after a hospital visit mandated 30h fasting session is an appropriate time for lovely tiktok tests. Er, not that there's an appropriate time for them at all

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

A special edition popcorn bucket released alongside Dune Part 2. It looks like a sandworm's mouth, and, uh, other things

IMO they should have made it look like the gom jabbar pain box

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So, uh, what’s a gom jabbar pain box?

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Not much, what's a gom jabbar pain box with you?

e: lol

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

So, uh, what’s a gom jabbar pain box?

not much what’s a gom jabbar pain box with you

E: gdi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

PookBear posted:

edit: "my balls" sounds like a bad punchline

You wouldn't be laughing if Mr. T ate your balls.