Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

B B posted:

joe biden is a demented rapist genocidal freak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

B B posted:

joe biden is a demented rapist genocidal freak

you also forgot that hes completely senile with full blown dementia

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Al-Saqr posted:

you also forgot that hes completely senile with full blown dementia

He also has stinky poop breeches.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Ytlaya posted:

YouTube Shorts shows me such entertaining and enlightening content as "some rear end in a top hat doing chiropractic on a small dog"
YouTube really, really wants to show me videos of abused animals when it's not showing me videos of judo.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1783160606536646851

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/Tyler_E_Harris/status/1783134794035130398

Buh???

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Buhhhhhhhhh?????? They should ban him.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nichael posted:

joe biden is pretty much pulling a goon threatening legal action against the website.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

YouTube really, really wants to show me videos of abused animals when it's not showing me videos of judo.

I've also noticed this weird trend in YouTube Shorts (maybe it's a thing elsewhere and I'm only encountering it in Youtube Shorts, I dunno) where these specific little songs will accompany a zillion different videos, like an audio meme or something

Hundreds of different clips from various games and TV shows with the exact same song playing in the background. It's very strange.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nichael posted:

god that would be so funny

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Nichael posted:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7360888080884190506

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

four more beers
four more beers
four more beers

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The only consistent principle these people have is "whatever our betters say is true"

I distinctly remember the moment when chuds said "Whatever Trump says is true."

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I ship Brianna and Will.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Bishyaler posted:

Its wild watching liberals do a instant pivot on previously held beliefs and rigorously defend something that they were railing against years, months, even minutes before.

The bad thread suddenly thinks a Tiktok ban is good because those perfidious Chinese are manipulating the algorithm to make people mad! Don't draw parallels to the corporate media its not the same for **reasons**. And how dare you accuse our politicians of doing this for censorship, where is your proof beyond all the videos of them admitting its about Palestine!

We should be allowed to bully these people off the internet

lets take a trip down time machine lane

quote:

If you're going to ban it because of "Security Issues" then there's a lot of *cough* facebook *cough* other apps that are probably just as bad, if not worse.

It's clearly because TikTok users made President Thinskin look bad. Also anti-China racism/xenophobia

quote:

fuckin lol surely this alienates virtually everyone under the age of 30 that had even the smallest possible inkling of voting trump

Like even if I didn't use TikTok (I don't) I'd be pissed off that the government was literally taking that choice away for no legitimate reason.

quote:

:lol:

Oh my god are they really going through with this? I thought somebody talked the Pissbaby down

This can't really just be about "Teens used TikTok to prank me: punish them!" right?

Like they have an actual given reason that is slightly less stupid?

Also, are they still going through with the Tencent ban because holy poo poo is that going to gently caress up video games

quote:

Lol Donny loving with TikTok guarantees a whole generation of kids aged 12-20 will loving hate his and the GOP's guts.

Maybe he can go after Fortnite next

quote:

Diddums is still hyper pissed that the TikTok kids t-boned his Literal Murder Rally last month.

quote:

quote:

The TikTok thing is really bad because the main reason both parties are after it, aside from escalating things with China, is that its turned into a way for protesters to organize in the states and for people outside of the states to show their support for the protests. Both parties want to shut it down if they can, and if not force the sale to an American company so they can scrape their data for information on dissidents

Its yet another way to crack down on freedom of speech

Dems don't hate TikTok, what the gently caress?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Nichael posted:

I ship Brianna and Will.
I sink the ship.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

camoseven posted:

is this a real tweet if so can you link it for those of use who don't have accounts on X: The Everything App

tia

https://twitter.com/MOSSADil/status/1782453799757504683

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Yoav Gallant the israeli minister of defence demands that american students stop protesting, who does this loving apartheid poo poo think he is telling americans what to do?!

====

Galant calls for halt to pro-Gaza demonstrations at US universities

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Galant on Wednesday called for a halt to demonstrations in support of the Gaza Strip at US universities, while extremist National Security Minister Itamar bin Ghafir directed the establishment of armed groups to protect Jewish communities there.

Gallant claimed in an X-Platform post that demonstrations at universities in the United States are not only anti-Semitic, but also incitement to terrorism.

He called on authorities in the United States to act, in order to protect Jews and stop demonstrations at universities.

For his part, Ben Ghafir claimed in a post on the same platform that the Jews of the diaspora are currently suffering from a severe wave of anti-Semitism in communities and universities in the United States, Europe and the world.

“I asked the police chief (Yacob Shabtai) to draft an auxiliary plan, to create local defense forces that would protect Jewish communities and institutions abroad, through professional support, including a training plan and a technological response to insurance operations,” he added.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31602;&%231601;

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Trabisnikof posted:

lets take a trip down time machine lane

l o l

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol jokes on him degrees are already worthless and there are no opportunities. they have nothing to lose.

also who does this stinky eastern european jerkoff ukranian think he's scaring?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

Yoav Gallant the israeli minister of defence demands that american students stop protesting, who does this loving apartheid poo poo think he is telling americans what to do?!

====

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Galant on Wednesday called for a halt to demonstrations in support of the Gaza Strip at US universities, while extremist National Security Minister Itamar bin Ghafir directed the establishment of armed groups to protect Jewish communities there.

Gallant claimed in an X-Platform post that demonstrations at universities in the United States are not only anti-Semitic, but also incitement to terrorism.

He called on authorities in the United States to act, in order to protect Jews and stop demonstrations at universities.

For his part, Ben Ghafir claimed in a post on the same platform that the Jews of the diaspora are currently suffering from a severe wave of anti-Semitism in communities and universities in the United States, Europe and the world.

“I asked the police chief (Yacob Shabtai) to draft an auxiliary plan, to create local defense forces that would protect Jewish communities and institutions abroad, through professional support, including a training plan and a technological response to insurance operations,” he added.

They're desperately clinging to whatever credibility and power they have left.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

lol jokes on him degrees are already worthless and there are no opportunities. they have nothing to lose.

idk I think an Ivy degree probably still opens doors

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nonsense posted:

joe biden is pretty much pulling a goon threatening legal action against the website.
many different people state that they do not like or want me president

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

student protests spread to more american ivy leagues, now Brown, USC and Harvard are in

===

Student protests extend to Brown and Southern California universities

Student protests denouncing the Israeli war on Gaza spread on Wednesday to include the universities of Brown and Southern California in the United States.

Brown University students in Rhode Island (East) and the University of Southern California (West) have joined other universities — led by Columbia University — to denounce the Israeli war on Gaza and call for a ceasefire in the Strip, U.S. media reported.

On Tuesday evening, about 100 students in solidarity with Palestine at the University of Texas, Dallas (South) staged a sit-in along the entrance to the president's office.

--

Pro-Palestinian students at Harvard set up protest camp

Pro-Palestine students at Harvard University set up a protest camp, accusing the university of suppressing anti-Israel voices.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

lol @ the stapler on the table with fully bound books, a laptop, pre-printed flyers, campaign pins

nothing to staple in sight but it looks... professional... I guess is what they were going for?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

In 2020, he was among Twitter’s most dogged champions of Elizabeth Warren’s unsuccessful presidential campaign, and he still cites Warren as a good indicator of his basic political outlook.

I struggle to think of another Twin Cities–based figure with Stancil’s level of Twitter clout. He couldn’t name one either, and told me that in Minneapolis he doesn’t normally find himself meeting people who know him by his online persona. “I was at a bar in New York for the Super Bowl this year, and I was still there at 1 a.m. because it’s New York and the bars are open late, which is a novelty,” Stancil said. “I started talking to the bartender, and he said, ‘I’m a Twitter guy, I know who you are,’ and then he gave me free beers until six in the morning.”

Beutler, for his part, hopes he never logs off: “Half the time, I hope he loses his race so that he can remain a stalwart critic on Twitter, where I feel like his influence is at least as great as a state legislator’s.”

that 1000000% cannot be true and probably is just a result of their (racial, class, education, etc) based biases

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Nonsense posted:

DEAR LIANG,

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

====

so American politicians calling for a ceasefire and an end to Bibi’s government is an unprecedented attack on Israel’s right self determination but Israeli politicians demanding that the American government suppress peaceful protests is fine?

Also as a member of the diaspora I neither want nor need these guys to keep me safe.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

yeah it's not feeling good that fascist policies continue ratcheting regardless of which party holds the power

sure feels like a uniparty in fact, focused against us

Vote.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

is pepsi ok posted:

I hate the term "policy wonk" so much.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

They seem to be settling on the idea that "some" Jewish students "feel unsafe and targeted" on campus. Targeted how? Unsafe how? Elites don't know, but they do know that it's antisemitism.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Bishyaler posted:

Its wild watching liberals do a instant pivot on previously held beliefs and rigorously defend something that they were railing against years, months, even minutes before.

It's not that wild

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

====

And so truly the Goofus has become the Gallant

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Bishyaler posted:

https://youtu.be/3cdqQ2BdgOA?si=H__hv6C6tJ2Bahcz

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

get his rear end

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

DNC is gunna be LIT this year

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

looking good sir