Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bears going Olu is just dot connecting that the smart move is probably to protect and make your new franchise QB happy.

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/1783323586846962011?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jesus some coverage is painful. Dudes were talking about a panthers mock and were critical of a dude taking a north south power runner for the panthers in the 4th saying he doesn't offer much on third downs. We have 3 third down backs on the roster and no one with some thump. Like gently caress me, at least check a depth chart before you hit record.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

BlindSite posted:

Jesus some coverage is painful. Dudes were talking about a panthers mock and were critical of a dude taking a north south power runner for the panthers in the 4th saying he doesn't offer much on third downs. We have 3 third down backs on the roster and no one with some thump. Like gently caress me, at least check a depth chart before you hit record.

Not knowing the Panthers depth chart to that degree isn’t really a black mark, they were a hard team to watch and they’ve messed with the roster so much in the last two offseasons its hard to feel confident about any of the dudes that aren’t clear fits somewhere.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Not knowing the Panthers depth chart to that degree isn’t really a black mark, they were a hard team to watch and they’ve messed with the roster so much in the last two offseasons its hard to feel confident about any of the dudes that aren’t clear fits somewhere.

I dunno. I check other teams depth charts all the time if I'm thinking draft fits. It takes all of 5 seconds to punch it into a search engine. If you don't know who a team has how can you possibly assess a need with anything resembling accuracy. It's like saying the texans need to look at quarterbacks. it's just dumb as poo poo not to look.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
My dream scenario for the Niners is either Johnny Newton or one of the tier 1 tackles (Alt/Latham/Fashanu/Fuaga/Fautanu) slips into the late teens/early twenties and they move up to snap them up without giving up any picks from next year. They have 10 picks and there's no way that many rookies are gonna make the team this year, they should be trying to get aggressive and move up.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

no one knows anything about anything, the media or the idiots on this dead gay forum, because nfl teams are insane and impossible to predict. bo nix #2 overall

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Not sure if it belongs in this thread but I needed to rant. I was listenting to the Sports Hub (I know that's the first problem) but they were talking the betting market and had their betting expert come on and say all the sharp money was going toward McCarthy being drafted #3 which made me believe it less and as much as I am okay with gambling putting this poo poo on the radio made me feel like it was one of the websites trying to throw bad money at them.

Thanks for listening, may the Pats get a good QB.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Another Latham over Alt final day mock draft. :stare:

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1783447152175579583?s=46

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
it's heeeeeeere

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Latham at 5 is fireable

There's an awful lot of last minute smoke about it. Brace yourself.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

LiquidFriend posted:

There's an awful lot of last minute smoke about it. Brace yourself.

Jeremiah, Schrager, Yates, Breer, and Zierlein. That’s a lot of smoke.

They should trade down to 10 with the Jets and still take Latham.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jim's Road to Ruin starts with JC Latham

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I’m fine with any of the projected picks by my team which means they will do something unexpected and upsetting

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Play posted:

ive got good info from the neighborhood crackhead, trust me he knows people high up in the nfl. but I can't just go spouting it willy nilly

i'm sorry but the browns simply can't draft johnny football again

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Trade down to 11 and still get Alt, great draft imo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
On this day of the Bears Drafting Caleb Williams

I would like to thank both Lovie Smith and the Panthers, and specifically Tepper for overriding your FO and coaching staff to take the tiny QB and not giving him any offensive line help.

God Bless

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Chargers take Latham, but they’re trading down to do it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Taking a loving TE with Alt on the board is so loving stupid that of course Joe Douglas would do it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Abugadu posted:

I've seen WR mocked to us a lot, but I think it's just because of the deep class.

It's tough because our biggest needs, LB, S, RB, don't really have any representation in the first round. Cooper DeJean gets floated in there as the CB/S hybrid, because he's the only one in the ballpark. Despite us having a ton of picks, wouldn't be surprised to see us trade down and out of the 1st if what we want isn't there by the time our pick rolls around.

Docjowles posted:

I feel like nobody has any idea what to do with GB. I’ve seen everything mocked to you except like QB and receiver

Green Bay is easy to predict in the first round. They will draft an RAS monster at a defensive position with limited college production and no clear spot on the defense.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Sataere posted:

Green Bay is easy to predict in the first round. They will draft an RAS monster at a defensive position with limited college production and no clear spot on the defense.

:argh:

My current doomer take is that we're going to draft an inside linebacker tonight rather than waiting until tomorrow.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lmao if the Chargers really do draft a RT/G at #5.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This would be absolute madness:

https://x.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1783496791834398956

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

That is some big galaxy brain poo poo that if you think about it for one second doesn't make any sense.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

What do you not like about Quinyon Mitchell that most other scouting people seem to be overlooking

Not Doltos, but I'm guessing because it's all projection. The defense at Toledo has DB's playing way off the ball. Quinyon is at minimum 10 yards off the line, and it's not unusual to see him further back at 15-20 yards off the line. This isn't for 3rd and forever, that's just how the defense lines him up. That's a huge risk factor when you're drafting a guy that high. We've never really seen him have to press or even play in traditional sets outside the shrine game, and personally I think you should take that with a giant grain of salt.

We did get to see him against MHJ and he looked good not great. Upside is there for him, but the risk profile is high.

IcePhoenix posted:

That's exactly why there's no RBs in round one, they're being relegated to later rounds because they get chewed through so fast.

Also this year's RB crop is not looked at favorably outside of one poster in this thread.

I think the league still values RB picks higher than the average follower. Yes, in all likelihood you're probably not or shouldn't give the guy a second contract, but having an elite guy for 4-5 years is worth a high pick. Elite playmakers make a difference.

I'd think we probably don't see a RB tonight, but I do think we'll see more than 1 in round 2.

Gareth Gobulcoque fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 25, 2024

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah, this year is just not a great running back class.

if there was a great running back prospect they would still be taken in the first.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

the most important pass catcher in the playoffs for the last 5 years has been a tight end. food for thought

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

the most important pass catcher in the playoffs for the last 5 years has been a tight end. food for thought

finally, someone appreciating cameron brate

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

better playoff stats than Jerry Rice, that's hard to do!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
what's the best way to watch the draft tonight on the internet?

i don't have access to hulu live tv anymore which is how i watched it last year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Here is my draft prediction: the Chicago Bears will never have a good quarterback.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Dexo posted:

Yeah, this year is just not a great running back class.

if there was a great running back prospect they would still be taken in the first.

I maintain Brooks would be an easy first rounder without the injury and is a borderline one with it.

I just want to see who signs up for the Marshawn Lloyd experience, who any given carry has about 3 outcomes which occur at about the same frequency:

- Makes 3-5 guys miss for a 40 yard run
- Makes 3-5 guys miss while dancing in the backfield for a 3 yard loss
-Makes 3-5 guys miss before coughing up the ball to a light breeze

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

it's hard for me to believe the Chargers would trade out of 5 with their pick of the top 3 WRs on the board unless they were getting a wild package to do so

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

IcePhoenix posted:

it's hard for me to believe the Chargers would trade out of 5 with their pick of the top 3 WRs on the board unless they were getting a wild package to do so

Well they could probably get Latham at 11 and there is a lot of smoke around him going to LA.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...

I'll be livid if buffalo takes a medically retired edge over a wr in the 1st.

This list seems like KC trades down to get McConkey in the 2nd.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm spending all day preparing to be Mad.

Hey, it's like the NFL season

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

looking at this and daydreaming a scenario where the bucs take barton and then trade up to grab powers-johnson :allears:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

BillsPhoenix posted:

I'll be livid if buffalo takes a medically retired edge over a wr in the 1st.

This list seems like KC trades down to get McConkey in the 2nd.

Medically retired edge who has played for the last two years and is arguably the best edge in the draft. Only get mad if they take him and he ends up hurt all the time.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

looking at this and daydreaming a scenario where the bucs take barton and then trade up to grab powers-johnson :allears:

Oh god, now this needs to happen.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

I'm spending all day preparing to be Mad.

Hey, it's like the NFL season

My coping strategy is "at least I won't have to care who they draft next year after they trade their 2005 1st and 2nd for McCarthy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Laiatu Latu seems like the guy that will slip into the 2nd round and the Eagles will grab him and everyone will be like HOWIE DOES IT AGAIN OMG and then he'll be out of the league in 3 years like Nakobe Dean.