Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

When can I sue biden for genocide do I have to wait till he leaves office?

no standing bing bing bong bong :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

Hamas did terrorism.

no

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

children of the cornpop

yes

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Soap Scum posted:

i assume it's because white = good angel baby

yeah i'm just trying to think of the worst reason possible since the dems are awful people

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I'm concerned that reports of me standing over the dead body with a bloody knife in my hand runs the risk of creating the impression that I'm a murderer. And that could feed into some false and damaging perceptions.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

How can anybody still believe in incremental change after obama and trump

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

children of the cornpop

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nichael posted:

I really think they either want to lose or do not care about losing.

Wow, very cool and not at all anti-semitic to see a major media company label a huge Jewish political group as a foreign and insidious agent!

I touched on this theory awhile ago, possibly back in one of the bad thread iterations, but I think the big misconception here is that we have an entirely different idea of what constitutes Winning and Losing compared to what the actual politicians consider to be Winning and Losing.

Like, to our feeble peasant understanding, winning would be "Getting the most votes and elected to office in order to push for bills and reforms"
To the people actually in power though, winning is "Being paid exorbitant amounts of money and having prestige among the commonfolk without actually having to do anything."

Pelosi "lost" her Speaker position, but she still gets to do all the insider trading and ice cream hawking she wants. If AOC lost her seat tomorrow, do you think it would take her long at all to land some lucrative gig as a commentator on MSNBC or get in with some lobbying firm, or hell, just have someone ghostwrite a book for her and hit that circuit?

When one of us loses our job, it's catastrophic. We now face homelessness and being rapidly crushed by our debts (rather than slowly crushed), we lose what little protection we had through what passes as health insurance.
A politician loses their job, and they just move into the new office their golden parachute landed them into and don't miss a beat.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

National Parks posted:

Allowing your base to eat itself and gaslighting potential voters 6 months before the election because you want to continue enabling a genocide and arresting student protestors is one of the most stunning errors I could possibly imagine a political party making

And yet all they can do is point to the crumbs and all the things they could get done with another four more years pause

yeah they self-own constantly

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

the_steve posted:

I touched on this theory awhile ago, possibly back in one of the bad thread iterations, but I think the big misconception here is that we have an entirely different idea of what constitutes Winning and Losing compared to what the actual politicians consider to be Winning and Losing.

Like, to our feeble peasant understanding, winning would be "Getting the most votes and elected to office in order to push for bills and reforms"
To the people actually in power though, winning is "Being paid exorbitant amounts of money and having prestige among the commonfolk without actually having to do anything."

Pelosi "lost" her Speaker position, but she still gets to do all the insider trading and ice cream hawking she wants. If AOC lost her seat tomorrow, do you think it would take her long at all to land some lucrative gig as a commentator on MSNBC or get in with some lobbying firm, or hell, just have someone ghostwrite a book for her and hit that circuit?

When one of us loses our job, it's catastrophic. We now face homelessness and being rapidly crushed by our debts (rather than slowly crushed), we lose what little protection we had through what passes as health insurance.
A politician loses their job, and they just move into the new office their golden parachute landed them into and don't miss a beat.

more important than what constitutes winning to a national politician is that the only real way you lose is by breaking kayfabe which is why none of them ever do it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the_steve posted:

This is all true. It's what happens when you have no beliefs beyond obtaining personal wealth and clout.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Nichael posted:

This is all true. It's what happens when you have no beliefs beyond obtaining personal wealth and clout.

They believe very, very strongly that Despite All Its Flaws, America is Good and a Force For Good(tm)

No they will not show their math on that

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Oldest Man posted:

They believe very, very strongly that Despite All Its Flaws, America is Good and a Force For Good(tm)

They believe in Jeni's Ice Cream. And loving children.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Uncle Wemus posted:

How can anybody still believe in incremental change after obama and trump

being rich and sheltered helps

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Obamna

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1783556203861176653

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
megan thee too stallion

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Nichael posted:

I really think they either want to lose or do not care about losing.

Wow, very cool and not at all anti-semitic to see a major media company label a huge Jewish political group as a foreign and insidious agent!

the democrats want to lose in November so that way they can spend the next four years doing what they love- blaming every horrible thing the republicans do on the left/ Muslims/ anyone under 50

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/thedailybeast/status/1783558635160768844
https://x.com/thedailybeast/status/1783553688469999919

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

have you considered that the liberals said they did though

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Rich white ladies have been attacked. poo poo's about to get real.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The Oldest Man posted:

The idea of "freedom" and "liberty" in America, that makes America "good" is obtaining personal wealth and clout. That's for the best of them.

For the worst of them,

Nichael posted:

They believe in Jeni's Ice Cream. And loving children.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

this is a little too on the nose isn't it, the writers are really reaching

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

have you considered that the liberals said they did though

oh okay

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

o7

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Rich white ladies have been attacked. poo poo's about to get real.

imo it is sorta wild to lock up faculty that high up, in that it goes beyond the normal background fascism of everyday life

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ugh

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Oldest Man posted:

this is a little too on the nose isn't it, the writers are really reaching

You know they're running out of ideas when they repeat the most obvious plot beats.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

the_steve posted:

Right. They're already society's winners, so mere trifles like 'winning an election' doesn't matter; they're going to live far better than any of us.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
it's all such a bizarre overreaction

my own beloved alma mater just called in the cops on a bunch of dorks on a damp, chilly lawn near the old library, the one nobody uses. if it had been left on its own it would have been gone inside of 24 hours, 36 on the outside. they have absolutely no way to accomplish anything beyond generate It's A Bad Look, Chief memes, and the administration's coming down on it harder than they've come down on anything in a generation

if they could believe it was going to dissuade the kids I could -maybe- see it but come the gently caress on, you have just told a bunch of late teens early 20somethings that they've got some kind of power over you, what do you think their next move is going to be

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

@DasDook

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Right. They're already society's winners, so mere trifles like 'winning an election' doesn't matter; they're going to live far better than any of us.

VideoKid posted:

the democrats want to lose in November so that way they can spend the next four years doing what they love- blaming every horrible thing the republicans do on the left/ Muslims/ anyone under 50

Exactly.
"Losing" the House and/or Senate or even the White House is just a bulletpoint on the daily minutes.
They still get to continue the grift. They get to keep doing their West Wing LARP and fish for soundbites while doing absolutely fuckall except maintain kayfabe.

Consequences really don't exist in their world anymore. They are set for life, and their family will continue to be set for generations no matter what.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

SixteenShells posted:

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1783520372001825139

do you think fuckers like this actually believe this poo poo

I tried to find a longer clip on this segment to see if the hosts pushed back on his bullshit, but I couldn't.

All I could find was this clip that Cenk goes on to deconstruct; I haven't watched beyond where greenblatt demands that protestors take off their masks, lol.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

she's gonna need even more trauma therapy after he releases his grip on her.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

it's all such a bizarre overreaction

my own beloved alma mater just called in the cops on a bunch of dorks on a damp, chilly lawn near the old library, the one nobody uses. if it had been left on its own it would have been gone inside of 24 hours, 36 on the outside. they have absolutely no way to accomplish anything beyond generate It's A Bad Look, Chief memes, and the administration's coming down on it harder than they've come down on anything in a generation

if they could believe it was going to dissuade the kids I could -maybe- see it but come the gently caress on, you have just told a bunch of late teens early 20somethings that they've got some kind of power over you, what do you think their next move is going to be

someone wants to come to campus and scream about how gay people are all going to hell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCFxvdhFjPo

students want to protest an ongoing genocide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8KQFFLnHGI

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

SixteenShells posted:

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/ftc_gov/pdf/noncompete-rule.pdf There's some stuff like existing non-competes for senior executives will still apply, and it doesn't apply to people who, say, sell a business. I'm not expert but it seems... fine?

There's still that whole "gave material support to a genocide" thing, so I'm still not voting for the Dems, but this seems not awful.

Its also already drawn legal challenges, including from the US Chamber of Commerce, and hasn't actually gone into law yet, so its irrelevant.

Its yet more "The Biden administration may eventually do a thing in the future" being turned into an immediate "BIDEN DID A THING THAT'S WHY YOU HAVE TO VOTE FOR HIM"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Jen heir rick posted:

drat, she got some crazy good hair.

more area for joe's nose to cover