Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Kitfox88 posted:

For a lot of expensive stuff (especially things like ~designer~ fashion items like clothes and accessories) this is the point.

This is why a big part of what makes buying expensive fashion second-hand fun is the thrill of looking like you spent 3k while knowing you spent 50 bucks

And if you think rich people aren't weird and gross about this kinda thing, I have recently learned there's special tags on certain luxury purses that make them look bad while you're wearing it, but if you try to return the bag without they won't accept it, bc so many fancy ladies were taking bags out for single events then returning them lol

EDIT: hahaha here's a website that makes the tags bc it's such a Thing for people to game return policies for luxury items, I guess it's called wardrobing

https://www.360idtag.com/blogs/news/dresses-target-for-wardrobing-return-fraud

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Admiral Joeslop posted:

AITAH for telling my parents to keep all the money they stole from me while I was in university and shove it up their rear end.

Probably just a writing exercise but who cares

How much in ‘rent’ were they ‘charging’ you and were there no other jobs you could work to make it?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

DreamingofRoses posted:

How much in ‘rent’ were they ‘charging’ you and were there no other jobs you could work to make it?

According to OP, it was $750 CAD a month which sounds excessive for a full time uni student during the pandemic years

Maybe the parents were using the money to supplement food bills. But since they were able to pay it back and aren't forcing OP's sister to work or pay rent, i don't think they needed the money.

Baronjutter posted:

Man, the snobby girlfriend who took back a compliment towards a designer bag when she found out it was thrifted. That's just an insane mentality, where designer clothing isn't intrinsically fancy or nice because the item itself is, but instead because of the full retail cost being class signifier.

I know a plumber who is also like the best dressed dude I've ever met. Not only does he have the nicest clothes, he knows HOW to dress. But, he never buys anything new, he's like a level 99 thrifter. He actually had a woman walk out on a date with him when she found out the upscale clothing he was wearing which would retail probably for close to $2k was actually carefully acquired 2nd hand or weird sales for like $200. Said he was misrepresenting himself and used language like she was accusing him of being a predator and trying to gaslight women into thinking he's rich when he isn't. She knew he was a plumber, so it wasn't like she thought he was rich. To her it was like a "stolen valour" thing.

For some people the attraction of clothing or accessories isn't objectively how they look, it's literally just about how much that costs and what that signals.

LMAO get bent lady

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for taking a work call on a Monday afternoon?

quote:

My (42F) girlfriend Mary (41F) and I have been dating for 3 years. At first Mary seemed really fun and spontaneous and we would just laugh and have the best time when we hung out and went on dates. My family was really happy for me since I hadn't really dated anyone in a while.

As things got more serious Mary started to complain about my work schedule. She didn't like that on Wednesday evenings I had to drive about an hour away to attend client meetings for a project I'm leading. Mary's work schedule is 7am to 3pm and she seems to expect me to be free after 3pm since she is and would complain about me having "messed up priorities". My work schedule is closer to banker's hours (8am to 5pm) with the previously mentioned weekly client meetings. Note: I am not a work-a-holic and don't prioritize work above anything else but like most people I am trying to retain my job so I can continue to pay bills.
Last weekend I went to stay with Mary (she lives about an hour away) and we had a really good time. I stayed through Monday and worked remotely from Mary's place that day. That afternoon, I got an unexpected meeting invite for a project progress call later that afternoon. It was important and we didn't have anything going on so I took the call and thought nothing of it. Then, as I was leaving Mary's to go back to my place, Mary announced that she wouldn't talk to me the next day because I had taken the afternoon work call. I didn't know what to say and she just shut down and wouldn't talk to me so I went home. I am really confused as to why this was such a big deal. Mary is still mad at me over this and told me today (Wednesday) that "if I take your call while I'm still mad at you for working then I am condoning your bad behavior".
Am I the A-Hole for taking the work call? Would you consider this "bad behavior"?

Solid laugh when I went back up to check the ages after skimming over them at first

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

DemoneeHo posted:

According to OP, it was $750 CAD a month which sounds excessive for a full time uni student during the pandemic years

Maybe the parents were using the money to supplement food bills. But since they were able to pay it back and aren't forcing OP's sister to work or pay rent, i don't think they needed the money.

LMAO get bent lady

That is pretty expensive. If they wanted to treat it like a savings thing they should have told him that was the point instead of saying it’s rent.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

God we've had so many parents-charing-their-kid-rent stories that so often go like:

Child, you're an adult now and if you're going to keep living with us we're going to charge you market rent! But you won't have any tenant rights and we'll still treat you like a child and make you do unpaid chores. Take it or leave it!!

What?! You're moving out?!?! We can't afford the mortgage without your rent!!!!! How dare you.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

DreamingofRoses posted:

That is pretty expensive. If they wanted to treat it like a savings thing they should have told him that was the point instead of saying it’s rent.

The check was for over 40k to continue that thought.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

StrangersInTheNight posted:

jokes on her, plumber is about the only job I can think of that can't be currently outsourced to AI and my understanding is plumbers tend to do very well for themselves
Yeah, a plumber who has their act together is a hell of a catch, income and job-security wise (well, until they reach their late 40s and their body starts to break down). And if he presents like he's a GQ model, all the better.

But the shame of telling her girlfriends that she was dating an (ugh) plumber instead of an I-banker was too great, I guess. Her loss.

FMguru fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 25, 2024

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DreamingofRoses posted:

His parents are dumbfucks if they thought that the monetary value of a college student's savings is worth more than the purely monetary value of having a social life in college beyond going to class and getting the degree. His classmates were gaining career opportunities while he was loading a truck.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Every time I accomplished something else that would help me move out of my parents' house my father would raise the rent again. I was up to $700 a month for a room by 2005.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

There are a lot of parents out there that are really lovely to their successful kids and I don't understand it. Wouldn't you want them to have a not only good, but fun, start to adult life? Sucking the fun out of college is awful.

A lot of parents don't seem to really like their kids.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Every time I accomplished something else that would help me move out of my parents' house my father would raise the rent again. I was up to $700 a month for a room by 2005.

Jesus. My first mortgage cost less than that in like 2005. Wtf is wrong with people, it's not like your parents were making up for not being able to rent your room to someone else or something. I'm sorry.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Halloween Jack posted:

His parents are dumbfucks if they thought that the monetary value of a college student's savings is worth more than the purely monetary value of having a social life in college beyond going to class and getting the degree. His classmates were gaining career opportunities while he was loading a truck.

Well, if the rent hadn’t been that high he probably could’ve afforded to have a different job that wasn’t loading trucks (or fewer hours) and still had the college experience.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

DreamingofRoses posted:

As OP pointed out, he spent four years doing nothing but working, going to class, studying, working some more, and catching brief snatches of sleep when he could. No socializing, no dating, no parties, no clubs, no activities, no networking - just rise, grind, and repeat. The real value of most college degrees is not the coursework but the people you meet and date and network with, and they denied him all of that, and for seemingly no purpose at all. He's incandescently furious, and rightly so.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My mom started charging me rent when I was 13, and not as a lesson or anything, she just needed drinking money. I feel pretty strongly about this, and I would go without food if it came down to it rather than charge my own child rent to live at home. Insane behavior. MAYBE it's okay if the kid is like, 24, and everyone is open and fair about the arrangement, and what rights and responsibilities everyone has. But doing it purely as a lesson, or character building, or for fuckin pocket money, is supremely hosed up.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Even charging him rent at all to live in the family house during the early years of covid seems like a really loving terrible thing to inflict upon their child.

They made OP pay a high rent and did jack poo poo with the money. They didn't even invest it so it could grow into something larger down the line. OP only received an extra $4300 after four years. The meager gesture was the final nail in the coffin for OP

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

Said he was misrepresenting himself and used language like she was accusing him of being a predator and trying to gaslight women into thinking he's rich when he isn't.

that's not what gaslighting means AAAAAAAAAAAAA :blastu:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

DemoneeHo posted:

Even charging him rent at all to live in the family house during the early years of covid seems like a really loving terrible thing to inflict upon their child.

They made OP pay a high rent and did jack poo poo with the money. They didn't even invest it so it could grow into something larger down the line. OP only received an extra $4300 after four years. The meager gesture was the final nail in the coffin for OP

I'm glad grandad understood that, at least.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

the whole issue is really underscored by the interest payment: the parents thought they were teaching him fiscal responsibility while he obviously already knew far, far more about financial issues than they did

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

There are actually two valid definitions of gaslighting. The first is when a complete stranger on the Internet disagrees with me. The second is when someone tells me something that I don't want to hear.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Yes it is. That’s what gaslighting has always meant.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I was honestly shocked they handed him a check at all. It rarely goes that way.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

The Maroon Hawk posted:

That's what gaslighting has always meant though?

E: gently caress

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

my boss wants us to meet with a spiritualist to fix the negative energy in our building

quote:

A reader writes:

I work at a small nonprofit and recently the employee with the longest institutional knowledge just left her position because of the years of abuse, micromanagement, and overwork she endured.

Now, the executive director is trying to set up an all-staff meeting with a “spiritualist” so that she can figure out why there has been so much negative energy in the building. Setting aside the issue that she will find any way to avoid responsibility for her bad behavior, I feel deeply offended that I’m being required to attend a consultation and a subsequent “cleansing.” I don’t have a connection with this sort of spiritual practice and it feels unethical to require staff attendance, but is it illegal?

Best,
Disgruntled Nonprofit Employee Attempting to Leave a Toxic Work Environment

Yes! Or rather, it would be illegal if they refused to let you opt out if you frame it as a religious accommodation.

Say this: “My religious tradition doesn’t permit me to participate in that, so I will not be attending.”

Religious accommodations apply to lack of faith as well as faith, by the way. Legally, your employer cannot require you to participate in someone else’s religious or spiritual ritual/observance/practice if it’s contrary to your own bona fide religious beliefs or lack thereof.

If you’re told your boss wants you there anyway, say this: “We can’t legally require that and could get in trouble for trying to.” If you need to cite the law, it’s Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Caveat: that law only applies to organizations with 15 or more employees, although some states have laws that kick in at lower numbers. If you’re not covered … well, honestly, you might try it anyway because your boss sounds clueless enough that she might not figure that out. Otherwise, just call in sick.

Also, I hope she hires this man.

"Am I to blame for a toxic and overbearing work environment? No, it's the building that is wrong."

Also, "this man" was a reference to an older question:

my boss thinks he is a mayan shaman

quote:

A reader writes:

I took employment at a nonprofit as an economic researcher about seven months ago. Overall, I love my job and what I get to do and helping people, but there is one major issue: My boss, who is the founder and head of the organization, thinks he is a mayan shaman. I am not joking.

He spends crazy amounts of money (sometimes company money) to fund his “spiritual projects” and recently has been telling me to do ludicrous projects like comparing chakra colors in different cultures and staring at a candle to find a sacred angle. Seriously. I’ve been able to handle it just fine until now. He is getting crazier by the day and I don’t know how to handle it anymore because if I tell him anything, he will say the “darkness has possessed me” and then be uncommunicative when I need information.

What can I do? Is there anything, because I don’t want to quit my job but this is getting out of hand. He sends texts to us at the middle of the night with his “visions” and when one of our employees was pregnant he would call it the “christ child” and say that one quarter of the DNA must be his. I swear this is not a fake situation or question.

Shamans have to have day jobs, I guess.

And he’s welcome to believe he’s a shaman. Who knows, maybe he is. But the problem here is that he’s letting his spiritual beliefs interfere with work and apparently misusing the organization’s resources.

But I doubt there’s a lot you can do here. This is your boss, the head of the organization, and ultimately he’s calling the shots here. If you really wanted to try to get this addressed, you’d have two options: Talk to him directly, or talk to the board of directors.

If you talk to him directly, I’d say something like this: “Percival, I respect your religious beliefs, but I’m not comfortable discussing religion at work or being given religious assignments to work on. I was hired to do economic research and our organization isn’t religious in nature. Is there a way for us to work well together without bringing religion into it?” Ideally, you’d do this with a group of coworkers who feel the same as rather than on your own; it’s harder to ignore a group of employees than one lone one — but either way, it’s a reasonable thing to say.

That said, will it work? I doubt it. This is a guy who’s telling you that darkness has possessed you and claiming some sort of parentage over a quarter of an employee’s baby. In other words, probably not open to reasoned conversation on these topics.

So that leaves you with the second option: Talk to the board. Every nonprofit is required to have a board of directors that serves as its ultimate governing body and which is responsible for ensuring that the organization is well managed and fiscally sound. The board is basically this guy’s boss — even though he’s the founder and even though he’s in charge of day-to-day operations. He might have a seat on the board, but there are presumably other board members, which means that he can be outvoted.

The board would presumably want to know that the head of the organization is using resources to find sacred candle angles and freezing out employees when he thinks the darkness has possessed them.

But that said … unless you care passionately about this organization and want to take an active role in getting this situation straightened out, your better bet might be to leave. This isn’t likely to change overnight, there’s likely to be some tension if you go to the board, and — maybe most importantly — do you really trust this guy’s leadership, even if he cools it with the shamanism talk at work? I mean, let’s say that the board puts a stop to all the behavior you’ve written about, and it even happens quickly — you’re still going to be working at an organization led by a guy who thought all of this was reasonable to begin with. Is that the job you want?

In light of that, it might make sense to skip past all these steps and just start working on leaving.

(Alternately, maybe just embrace the whole thing and have him influence the spirit world in your favor. That could be useful too.)

Update: My boss thinks he’s a mayan shaman

quote:

His shamanistic tendencies were really getting to me, and I tried going through the board but that didn’t work. We couldn’t do much because, well, basically people are worried that he would dissolve the whole charity.

So I posted a religious studies internship to the university that is close by and found someone for that. Essentially what I did was I hired him and told my boss (the shaman) that the intern was going to work on all the things he needs that don’t pertain to the charity. So I diverted the problem by hiring an intern.

Interestingly enough, the intern does enjoy his job and I actually have gotten work done! We just secured a $7,500 grant since and it has been fairly smooth. I still get bothered sometimes but things are a lot better.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I feel like the "shaman" title has been greatly devalued over the last few years.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

God I want to hear the stories that intern could tell

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I was honestly shocked they handed him a check at all. It rarely goes that way.

It's definitely a thing, but usually people who are just trying to teach a lesson about good fiscal habits only charge a nominal amount. Charging your kids market rent is usually pure greed or desperation (usually caused by greed.)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I feel like the "shaman" title has been greatly devalued over the last few years.

WoW players have always complained about Shaman being bad, this is nothing new.

AITAH for throwing out my SIL and her family.

quote:

My husband has two brothers and one sister. His sister and her husband are not my favorite people in the world.

Recently they have been couch surfing as they lost their home (looong story which could have been avoided if they had adulted like they should have). First they stayed with my in laws but they used the excuse that my FIL has diabetes to get rid of them and their rowdy children.

Next was his older brother and his wife. They had two spare rooms as two of their older children moved out a year ago and they only have the six year old and their 13 year old twins at home. After three weeks they had to move out due to a planned refurbishment. They were happy with them as they were generally tidy and helped out in the home.

The youngest brother was the next to take them in. While my SIL was there she helped out in the home and kept her children on a leash. The youngest brothers wife is very house proud, and she allowed them to stay for a limited time only as they have had a baby recently and her mother will be staying with them to help out for the first six months.

Then they emotionally manipulated my husband to say ok. I agreed to it on the condition that she and her husband as well as their children keep the place clean, because in the past the only place they are messy in is my home. For example, if they are throwing something into the kitchen bin, they will throw it in the general direction of it and not in the actual bin. It's extra gross when it's food stuff that dries up and stinks out the place. Similar things happened in the past where she would leave her sanitary towels on top of the bin lid in the bathroom instead of in the bin. Her oldest daughter started her periods recently and I asked the younger brother's wife how things were for tidiness. She said she had no complaints. They went to bed on time and kept the place clean. However, they were there for only two weeks.

They are always tidy at the other houses, I know this from experience too. During Christmas and summer holidays when we stay over at each others places I have seen the difference in how they are at my place and the other places.

Before they moved in I made the younger brother, and my parents in laws witnesses to them agreeing to keeping my house as clean as it is and to chip in with chores. If they broke the rules they would be out immediately. She fussed and denied past wrongdoings but said as you wish your highness sarcastically.

The first five days were smooth sailing. This morning I found a sanitary towel on top of the bin and not even wrapped properly. That is not all. Her daughter is staying in my daughter's room and she made a mess of the shampoo and conditioner in her bathroom and had left a tampon on the side of the sink forgetting it from last night. Her husband leaves early for work and the kitchen was a mess when I finally got downstairs.

I have a curious toddler and I don't want him to pick up a bloodied sanitary towel. I knocked on the guest room and told her to pack her poo poo and get out. She looked angry and tried to play innocent. She said it was only some blood and to chuck it in the bin if it bothered me so much. I told her no and picked up her suitcase throwing their stuff in it. At first she wouldn't leave the house saying she was going to wait for her brother as she doesn't take orders from me, but I told her this house belongs to me too. I dropped her and her youngest ones off at my in laws.

A few hours ago her husband came back from work and when I wouldn't let him in he made a scene. He went to my in laws, but they don't want them there due to FIL "illness". When my husband returned from work my in laws turned up in our drivewaywith her and her family within twenty minutes. They are still standing outside and squabbeling about being let in. I refuse to open the door and told my husband if he backs down he isn't welcome in our home either.

So, the family thinks AITAH because I have never liked her and am using any excuse to get rid of her.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

the holy poopacy posted:

It's definitely a thing, but usually people who are just trying to teach a lesson about good fiscal habits only charge a nominal amount. Charging your kids market rent is usually pure greed or desperation (usually caused by greed.)

I swear I saw a post from the parents' perspective sometime last year on AITA. It was something along the lines of, "we charged our oldest kid rent but now our younger kid is simply refusing to get a job so it seems kinda unfair." And some of the commenters suggested giving the money back with a "ta-da, we were just holding on to it to prepare you for the horrible grind that is adulthood."

So now I wonder if any of it was real, or just one creative writing exercise responding to another.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

quote:

Nope, gently caress that. NTA.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

quote:

I refuse to open the door and told my husband if he backs down he isn't welcome in our home either.

Hell yeah. Good for having a loving backbone.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Husband destroyed our toilet and refuses to stop using it and fix it

quote:

Sorry if this is TMI, but me (34f) and my husband (37m) have been together 6 years. Let’s just say he’s very tolerant of messes and has no limits to how gross something is.

We rent an apartment with 2 bathrooms, a guest and master bathroom.

He has absolutely destroyed the toilet in our master bathroom. To start, about a year ago he installed a bidet that doesn’t fit right and now the toilet seat doesn’t stay on, I’ve fallen off of this toilet so many times and have even hit my head on the vanity next to the toilet. I’ve asked him multiple times to fix it and he just says it doesn’t bother him so he doesn’t care and that I should be more careful when I sit. I’ve told him I’m going to remove the bidet then so the toilet seat can get installed properly and we can pick a bidet that’s more compatible with our toilet and he told me I’m not allowed to touch it and he refuses to pay for the things needed for me to replace it.

He also shaves his beard hair over the toilet and doesn’t clean it, so it looks like theres pubes all over the toilet. I got him a bib that attaches to the mirror he can use to catch the hair, but he said it’s too much work to use?

I’m sorry if this next part is TMI, but he gets a lot of stomach issues which I’m sympathetic to, but even with the bidet he goes through almost a roll of high end toilet paper a day, clogs the toilet then many times is “too busy to fix it because he’s rushing somewhere” so I end up unclogging it.

Well this time he truly clogged this toilet, he even tried to snake it and he couldn’t get it unclogged. I’ve asked him to please call maintenance in our building to unclog it on his day off since I haven’t been home, and on principle I want him to do something for himself for once (I’m also so embarrassed to call and have to be the one there when they come)I have a lot on my plate right now between work and personal life and could use some help. He just keeps saying “I will” and it’s been a few weeks now.

Even worse, he keeps using this toilet because it “still flushes” but it doesn’t fully drain the water nor refills properly, I’ve told him to stop using the toilet until someone can come fix it. But he keeps using this toilet even with his stomach problems and won’t clean it, it’s has his stool, urine, toilet paper, beard hair, and I don’t mind using the other bathroom, but our master bathroom is more convenient (esp at night) and it’s nice to have 2 toilets incase he’s occupied for a while with one

I truly don’t know how to approach this situation, I’ve tried asking nicely, I’ve tried being stern, do I just take off the bidet and call maintenance myself? Or do I just let this toilet explode with literal poo poo?

TLDR: husband clogged/broke our toilet and keeps using it, and he won’t fix it. Do I give in and fix it?

Edit: the toilet is unclogged and I took the toilet seat away since it’s safer than a sliding toilet seat for me. Either he fixes it and cleans it or there’s no toilet seat. I have no way to lock him out of the other bathroom (it’s a rental and they have really weird door knobs that I don’t know how to uninstall). He’s super pissed at me now for taking off the toilet seat, and is only using the guest bathroom now even though I’ve asked him not to because I deserve a clean bathroom away from his disgustingness, and he’s been yelling at me and cursing at me. I told him all he needs to do is clean up his mess and fix what he broke, but somehow I’m the villain for taking away the toilet seat. He said I broke the toilet by taking away the seat so now it’s my problem. I don’t understand why he can’t just fix it? It would take maybe 10mins

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Mordiceius posted:

Hell yeah. Good for having a loving backbone.

It's really odd that they only misbehave at OP's house, and in such a specific way. I would LOL if it turns out the OP has a dog that likes to dig sanitary napkins out of the trash and leave them laying around.

Also kinda want to know if the tampon forgotten next to the sink was used or not. If it was unused, still in the wrapper, OP kinda sucks for freaking out about it. If it was used, that's hella weird.

Skutter posted:

Has she considered taking a picture of the gross toilet and sending it to his boyfriend?

wheatpuppy fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 25, 2024

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Skutter posted:

your husband is the toilet monster

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

artsy fartsy posted:

TIFU by not telling my doctor how many Tic-Tacs I eat per day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaAF_GAc3Mk

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

artsy fartsy posted:

This is basically the plot of that Seinfeld episode with the "non-fat" frozen yogurt, but with Tic-Tac candies.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

artsy fartsy posted:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Story is long, and abuse-adjacent, so I won't be posting the whole thing but I did want to highlight this one line.

The story so far: Daughter who has been poo poo on by her mother for her whole life is now expected to provide for her in her old age (guess who didn't bother saving for retirement, assuming her kids would take care of her?). Daughter laughs and tells mother, well, exactly what is in the title.

AITAH for telling my mother I'd put her into a bad retirement home during my father's wake?

quote:

I eventually went home early because I was so sick of being berated by my whole family and told that I have duties towards my mother, that I'm the only one she can rely on financially, blah blah blah. To the end I held strong that no, I would not spend one single coin to keep mom in her house, and that if they counted on me to pay for anything, I would ONLY pay for the cheapest retirement house in the country and not one extra cent. After I left, my older brother tried to call me and get me to apologize, saying that mom needed our help now more than anything since her husband just died, and that he understands that I was abused growing up but "mom is old now, we cannot hold onto that grudge forever" to which I said that I'm not holding on to it forever, only as long as mom's alive but she won't be for very long. Brother started screaming insults at me so I hung up and blocked his number. This morning, I woke up to two texts from my other brothers basically saying the same, saying mom is deeply distressed, that she hasn't stopped crying in hours, to please call her and apologize/promise I'll subsidize her lifestyle. I didn't reply to either text.
Ice cold, goddamn.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
AITAH for not wanting my fiancé going on a golf trip 2 weeks before our due date?

quote:

Me and my fiancé are pregnant with our first baby. I’m 24 weeks pregnant, due beginning of August. He brought up going on a golf trip with his friends for a weekend, 2 weeks before my due date (didn’t ask, just basically told me he was doing that). He said it’s only a 2.5 hour drive away and labor lasts a long time so it will be ok. I told him I’ve never been in labor before and would like him to be there for me, drive me to the hospital etc. It’s a nerve-racking and possibly a once in a lifetime situation for me. He said his mom would be happy to drive me. I told him I don’t want anyone else to drive me or be there for me. I’d rather be alone or with him. I asked him why he can’t go maybe a month before the due date because that may be a bit safer, albeit you just never know. He says he doesn’t think that timing works for his friends. We have not been able to compromise. He’s convinced it’s not a big deal and my feelings don’t matter and I’m convinced he cares more about having fun with his friends than being there for me. Am I in the wrong?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

DreamingofRoses posted:

AITAH for not wanting my fiancé going on a golf trip 2 weeks before our due date?

Doesn't she realize this pregnancy has been really hard on him? He's probably dying for some me time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Okay, while I'm siding with the lady against Pooman and his hairballs, I really want to know how she keeps falling off a slanted toilet and hitting her head. That sounds... dramatic.