Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the left side of his face has died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Biden only wins if he cancels the election

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Scarabrae posted:

Biden only wins if he cancels the election

we have to cancel elections to save democracy

this will be said by liberals before Nov 5th

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/1783487155978817956

lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/herosnvrdie69/status/1783340988464824673

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

ALex Jones, Welcome Back to the Resistance

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

no 🧢

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/prem_thakker/status/1783603060616433871

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mr jones is woke now and will be going broke imminently :(

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

if you still believe there's a 2 party system I don't want to know you

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

morehouse breaks new ground conducting the first graduation ceremony and commencement address with no students

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/college-protesters-divest-from-israel-what-it-means-rcna149147

quote:

Activists say financially supporting Israel makes their schools complicit in the war in Gaza. Experts argue it's not that simple.
There is debate about the efficacy of divestment. Some evidence suggests that the buyers of shares being sold off as part of a divestment campaign can sometimes turn out to be worse actors than their original holders, NYU’s Taylor said.

She gave the example of Myanmar, where energy giant Chevron ending up selling off an asset to an entity that human rights groups said was even less accountable.

:lol::lol::lol: "Have you considered that if we divest from Israel, then people who hate Palestine even more than us might buy those assets??? Who do you want funding genocide, the good guys or the bad guys?????"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Alex Jones ftw

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Sydin posted:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/college-protesters-divest-from-israel-what-it-means-rcna149147

:lol::lol::lol: "Have you considered that if we divest from Israel, then people who hate Palestine even more than us might buy those assets??? Who do you want funding genocide, the good guys or the bad guys?????"

[thinking really really really hard] the good guys!!!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chevron isn’t Israel, now do as you’re told.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

based

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

The Oldest Man posted:

how can you stupid childish leftists ever expect to ascend the skull throne if you won't feed children into the Skull Machine, this is basic people

the thing that kills me is that in a vacuum, there are times you can in fact make that argument. giving up concessions in order to get your primary goal accomplished is, in fact, a thing you have to do in politics. even when you suspect your coalition partners are going to betray you the second they get the chance!

but what loving goal do they think they're accomplishing here

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Sydin posted:

a shame the 99% hitler guy deleted his tweet, he'd be an absolute superstar by now

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lib and let die posted:

The curiosity has been killing me so I put the question of if Jewish Voice for Peace has been kicked off of NGP VAN yet

It wouldn't shock me

Still using VAN donation tools

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The exact answer I got was "Not yet!" which...lmao if 'yet' ends up being the operative word

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the thing that kills me is that in a vacuum, there are times you can in fact make that argument. giving up concessions in order to get your primary goal accomplished is, in fact, a thing you have to do in politics. even when you suspect your coalition partners are going to betray you the second they get the chance!

Killing the Palestinians duh

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lib and let die posted:

The exact answer I got was "Not yet!" which...lmao if 'yet' ends up being the operative word

Yeah, the yet is very funny. If you thought it was something you wouldn't entertain you would say so by now. Absolutely a matter of time

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

fits my needs posted:

lmao

there were other kids there too i guess

look out kids he's right behind you

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Scarabrae posted:

Judaism is a cult OP

sorry but you are wrong. orthodox jews and hasids wear funnier outfits than that. I think those kids are just beiged up for no good reason

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Casey Finnigan posted:

sorry but you are wrong. orthodox jews and hasids wear funnier outfits than that. I think those kids are just beiged up for no good reason

if they were orthodox the boys would be wearing yamakas and the girls would be wearing dresses or skirts.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

Killing the Palestinians duh

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, the yet is very funny. If you thought it was something you wouldn't entertain you would say so by now. Absolutely a matter of time

I saw a tweet in the bad thread about Congress passing something that would allow them to strip a nonprofit's 501c3 status and now my bet is on that passing, JVP losing said status, and the company "just following the rules" so they can keep calling themselves The Doers of Good

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
jewish voice for peace has been banned for antisemitism

gently caress those guys for turning their backs on their homeland (on another continent, have never been there)

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

I saw a tweet in the bad thread about Congress passing something that would allow them to strip a nonprofit's 501c3 status and now my bet is on that passing, JVP losing said status, and the company "just following the rules" so they can keep calling themselves The Doers of Good

it passed the house something like 390-10 its in senate now apparently and thats an obvious pass as well

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Has anybody made a virgin Chad meme about that dumb wife lady who went to a protest to get filmed frowning

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Casey Finnigan posted:

orthodox are the inner circle of the cult

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

They'll put the Bush v. Gore "This is not stare decisis!" note on top, FYI.

HallelujahLee posted:

it passed the house something like 390-10 its in senate now apparently and thats an obvious pass as well

Well, yeah - it was hilarious when the GOP was kayfabing a meltdown during Obama about 501 application issues for conservative shelters, but clearly both sides want to get rid of 'problematic' 501 groups.

Horseshoe theory has issued a correction as of 23:31 on Apr 25, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

They have been taught that moral compromise is the highest form of morality. They think it's childish for there to be clear cut moral questions, and to actually be committed to a moral position.

This was all originally done to make any moral discussion of the economic system labyrinthine-to-impossible, and it worked great running cover for Israel 5, 10 years ago, but I think they have probably absorbed it as a general mode of reasoning.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

They have been taught that moral compromise is the highest form of morality. They think it's childish for there to be clear cut moral questions, and to actually be committed to a moral position.

This was all originally done to make any moral discussion of the economic system labyrinthine-to-impossible, and it worked great running cover for Israel 5, 10 years ago, but I think they have probably absorbed it as a general mode of reasoning.

we’re all shades of grey in the habbo hotel that is america

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Horseshoe theory posted:

Well, yeah - it was hilarious when the GOP was kayfabing a meltdown during Obama about 501 application issues for conservative shelters, but clearly both sides want to get rid of 'problematic' 501 groups.

a great show of unity and bi-partisanship

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lol was nodding along and then saw the name. alex jones has outflanked the fraud squad to the left

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

gently caress JOE BIDEN

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Scarabrae posted:

gently caress JOE BIDEN

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout