Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

smoobles posted:

HOLY poo poo TRUMP DEAD. CNN REPORTING IT

Of course he is. He was replaced with a deep-state clone months ago.

Do you sheeple even keep up with the news? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Like, if I hire a hitman to kill someone, I'm gonna get in trouble even if he later testifies "yeah, I hated that guy and would have killed him anyway". At least I would think so.

Depends on how many lawyers are willing to throw themselves on a grenade for you.

Get enough and you can attempt an insurrection and get away with it.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
What if Trump can never die? :ohdear:

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Outpost22 posted:

Imagine being immortal but your body can still degrade like that.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Outpost22 posted:

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Spazzle posted:

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.

Just because every time he walks into the courtroom it's filled with the stench of a thousand graves, thick with glutinous, rotting putrescence, a foul corpse-wind wafting from the rancid rear end cheeks of a bloated, decaying husk, does not necessarily mean that he's dead.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

the day people start posting trump is dead and there is a hubbub of folks flooding in to confirm no, its not actually a joke this time, that day is gonna rule.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Just because every time he walks into the courtroom it's filled with the stench of a thousand graves, thick with glutinous, rotting putrescence, a foul corpse-wind wafting from the rancid rear end cheeks of a bloated, decaying husk, does not necessarily mean that he's dead.

That smell is the lawyers.

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006

Powered by alcohol

Outpost22 posted:

I thought the presidency would have turned him into looking like the main villain of mad max fury road but it seems like these lawsuits have triggered his transformation FINALLY

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Renreeja posted:

the day people start posting trump is dead and there is a hubbub of folks flooding in to confirm no, its not actually a joke this time, that day is gonna rule.

i remember when MAL got raided, someone said it happened and to wait for the news, people piled in here to call them full of poo poo, then 5 minutes later someone posted a Maggie Habs tweet and the thread got like 1000 posts immediately

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wasn't the first word we got of the raid when Trump himself tweeted about it? Like he could have kept it under wraps but he chose to blast it to the world and make himself look as big a clown as possible?

or truthed or whatever, drat it's all years ago already

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

This is kind of good news but at the same time satire is fairly dead and it's impossible to outdo reality

https://x.com/oneunderscore__/status/1783632037640835426

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Toxic Mental posted:

This is kind of good news but at the same time satire is fairly dead and it's impossible to outdo reality

I really want their traditional news articles back.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
ONN coming back will hopefully be awesome. It was great... a long time ago.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

Do you have more context about why this is good? All I see is that it was bought by a company that used a TheOnion trope.

I bought and read Our Dumb Century when it came out and I was floored by the historical intelligence and insane volume of content. It was like someone locked every Onion writer in a basement for 18 months with a few historians and said "Crank!!!". No clue how they worked that into their day jobs.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Toxic Mental posted:

Holy poo poo, the Onion News Network, it died too soon. What is Brooke Alvarez up to?

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 26, 2024

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Forever and ever, one of the top 5 Onion op-eds of all time

https://www.theonion.com/the-onion-endorses-john-edwards-for-president-1819574074

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Scags McDouglas posted:

Do you have more context about why this is good? All I see is that it was bought by a company that used a TheOnion trope.

I bought and read Our Dumb Century when it came out and I was floored by the historical intelligence and insane volume of content. It was like someone locked every Onion writer in a basement for 18 months with a few historians and said "Crank!!!". No clue how they worked that into their day jobs.

Ben Collins seems like a pretty good guy

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Scags McDouglas posted:

Because The Onion for the past 10 years has existed in a state of either being completely silent, putting out horribly unfunny tiktok "satire" content, and "satirical" comedy podcasts that no one listened to

Even bad new ONN content is still going to be an improvement

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Scags McDouglas posted:

Our Dumb Century was so long ago I bought it just for the headlines when I didn't really know what The Onion was and was floored when the articles were fully fleshed out instead of PASSERBY lorem ipsum

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
But yes truly their best work and everyone should have a copy

HOLY loving poo poo
MAN WALKS ON THE loving MOON

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lifespan posted:

ONN coming back will hopefully be awesome. It was great... a long time ago.

Joad Cressbeckler should have been President :colbert:

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

kazil posted:

I've never heard of him in my life so I appreciate the input.

Toxic Mental posted:

Because The Onion for the past 10 years has existed in a state of either being completely silent, putting out horribly unfunny tiktok "satire" content, and "satirical" comedy podcasts that no one listened to

:respek:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

kazil posted:

At a minimum we need to be thankful that Elon Musk didn't buy it.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
That would actually be hilarious

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Stunning Honky posted:

That would actually be hilarious

We do not need another "humor" publication that just makes fun of trans people.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Elon would have tanked it faster that Twitter with his decisions, haha.

Since the dawn of time, conservative humor has never, ever been funny. They always try to make it work and it goes belly-up. I think the Babylon Bee is trying so hard to be a conservative answer to the onion and they get buried as soon as they dip their toe into waters outside of the party line.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Stunning Honky posted:

But yes truly their best work and everyone should have a copy

HOLY loving poo poo
MAN WALKS ON THE loving MOON

Iran Has The Car Bomb

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

He'd buy The Babylon Bee and claim he was going to root out the woke from its writing staff in service of free speech

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I'd be happy with just some more peter rosenthal reviews

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Thanks for the links--appreciated!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I was thinking he'd fire them all and get his AI to write the articles and that led to the nightmare thought of an AI publishing daily editions of the Babylon Bee to nobody forever.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Tree Bucket posted:

One day it will be true. One day we'll wake up to headlines of "trump found dead on toilet" or "trump found dead in toilet" or "trump found dead under toilet" or something.

Trump: The Human Toilet found dead.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Toxic Mental posted:

i regularly think about "sudden ominous music heard across the us, nation panicking" youtube but i unsubscribed when they were in the podcast phase because they were just that bad and boring

Stink Billyums posted:

I'd be happy with just some more peter rosenthal reviews
:hmmyes:

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Three Olives posted:

We do not need another "humor" publication that just makes fun of trans people.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Do you think trumps death will make his golf course more profitable than ever from all the people paying for a round of golf so they can piss on his grave, or will the cost of urine pool removal outweigh the potential gains?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I was thinking he'd fire them all and get his AI to write the articles and that led to the nightmare thought of an AI publishing daily editions of the Babylon Bee to nobody forever.

That's the end state of the internet, right? Just B I O bots with too many fingers posting comments on SEO algo sludge while, outside, grey ashes blow fitfully around a silent world

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I have a TRUMP brand necktie that I've owned for probably 20 years that I never wear but am keeping aside so that when TRUMP finally has his toilet sitting coronary I can wipe my rear end with it and make a pilgrimage to decorate his tombstone

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

We will never know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

drat. ONN was fantastic

also our dumb century is one of the best books