Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I almost got talked into betting on under 4.5 QBs in the first round. Glad I didn’t! God drat everyone is thirsty for QBs

Can we get Rattler to the Raiders??

E: immediately call in the Bowers pick. Didn’t see that one coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Keep the QB panic going so I don't have to wait a day or two for Pratt to get drafted.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The two tight end offense certainly is a choice

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

The two tight end offense certainly is a choice

Working out for the Packers

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Hey it was great for a minute in New England until one of them turned out to be a serial killer.

Adams, Meyers, Bowers, Mayer is actually pretty sweet. Shame about the QB situation

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

SKULL.GIF posted:

Working out for the Packers

Pats too

But Minshew isn't exactly the guy who can make that offense hum

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

https://x.com/SleeperNFL/status/1783674542151680335

:laffo:

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

From a Packers fan...Falcons fans, first time?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
thought about the falcons again and started giggling

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Kraft annihilated the falcons franchise by telling them not to hire belichick. he would not have put up with this!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I have the Athletic's stream on in the background and it is constantly freezing and crashing. You're literally the New York Times fuckin figure it out :argh:

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Eagle getting CB1 at 22 is dumb

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
So who is trading up pick Guyton?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Calidus posted:

He can't keep getting away with this!!!

--everyone

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami had a chance to grab insane talent at OC in Barton or Mitchell at cb and we do that

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Miami had a chance to grab insane talent at OC in Barton or Mitchell at cb and we do that

The 2023 Zach Wilson maneuver except it’s Liam Eichenberg

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Minnesota desperately trying to leak that they are totally fine starting Sam Darnold actually has been one of the funniest and least convincing smoke screens I can remember

Hell yeah I was correct about one very obvious thing. Although I did not foresee them pointlessly trading up with the Jets to get their guy

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Calidus posted:

I assure you the eagles have no loving clue how to use secondary players, haven't for decades.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A Sneaker Broker posted:

From a Packers fan...Falcons fans, first time?

This is a totally different situation than 2020 with the Love pick. Rodgers was looking old in 2019 and was near the very end of his contract, and the Covid year made it uncertain what exactly was going to be happening in the future. Green Bay moved up to grab a guy who was falling all the way down the board.

This? This is a top-10 pick spent on an old, injured backup for a QB who only weeks ago the Falcons signed to a 4 year 180 million contract. Maybe Kirk's leg blows up again and Penix actually gets to play, but realistic outcomes has Penix seeing the field when he's like 26-27.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Jokes on you though the paradigm has shifted qbs now aren't good until they hit their 30s, you want that old.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/mikesilver/status/1783705742379511834?s=46

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

maybe this is the bills plan

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Look the point is we are trading someone

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Trade a 3rd, Jets.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Calidus posted:

I think Quinyon was far from CB1 and a project boom/bust pick.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Watching some post draft streams and everyone is so completely exhausted and done with it all and visibly questioning their life choices in real time. This was also the vibe for the entire draft on the Athletic's stream

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Docjowles posted:

Watching some post draft streams and everyone is so completely exhausted and done with it all and visibly questioning their life choices in real time

Atlanta aside this year's first round was not remotely interesting.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Watching some post draft streams and everyone is so completely exhausted and done with it all and visibly questioning their life choices in real time. This was also the vibe for the entire draft on the Athletic's stream

the athletic stream was incredible. the vikings beat reporter talking poo poo about detroit while complimenting their set was a highlight but the whole 3 tired white dudes awkwardly balancing laptops on a couch while roasting Goodell's dumb monologues? perfection

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

We all should’ve known how much we’d miss Belichick’s Chaos Pick energy we’ve come to rely on these past years…

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

the athletic stream was incredible. the vikings beat reporter talking poo poo about detroit while complimenting their set was a highlight but the whole 3 tired white dudes awkwardly balancing laptops on a couch while roasting Goodell's dumb monologues? perfection

Ok I did enjoy them tuning into Goodell while he was talking about the international marketing program and immediately hitting mute “ok he is saying some pointless bullshit we will come back for the pick” lol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is a totally different situation than 2020 with the Love pick. Rodgers was looking old in 2019 and was near the very end of his contract, and the Covid year made it uncertain what exactly was going to be happening in the future. Green Bay moved up to grab a guy who was falling all the way down the board.

This? This is a top-10 pick spent on an old, injured backup for a QB who only weeks ago the Falcons signed to a 4 year 180 million contract. Maybe Kirk's leg blows up again and Penix actually gets to play, but realistic outcomes has Penix seeing the field when he's like 26-27.

Kirk is not going to see year 3 of that contract. There’s an easy out for the team.

Assuming the cap continues to go up, it’s actually not *that* painful if the Falcons want to cut him after this year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Trade a 3rd, Jets.

That contract is practically a bargain at this point.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Ok I did enjoy them tuning into Goodell while he was talking about the international marketing program and immediately hitting mute “ok he is saying some pointless bullshit we will come back for the pick” lol

im not always a huge fan of Nate Tice bc he's a bit of a doofus but he was fully making GBS threads on Goodell after the first 10 picks and I loved it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
NFCS hates their QBs.....except the Bucs who very much love and are committed to Baker.

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1783708058809422114?t=pA0Awsj6FuQmDH5O7QspPA&s=19

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

NFCS hates their QBs.....except the Bucs who very much love and are committed to Baker.

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1783708058809422114?t=pA0Awsj6FuQmDH5O7QspPA&s=19

i feel like Licht is content to punt on getting a new QB for another year or two while he resets the dead money and rebuilds the roster. if im a real cynic maybe he also doesn't think Bowles is it and will inevitably have a down season where he can jettison Bowles and have a better spot to try and snag a QB from

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

wandler20 posted:

The source is "Mitch ViCay"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Just for fun, checking in on my non-gambling-rear end 'predictions':

- Parley of first WR/OL/CB taken with MHJ, Alt, and Quinyon. - WIN
- Maye going second overall. - LOSE
- AD Mitchel, Quinyon and Xavier Legette unders on position drafted - LOSE, LOSE, WIN
- Terrion/DeJean overs - WIN, WIN
- QBs taken over 4.5 - WIN

More wins than losses, but I'm not good at calculating odds so no idea if I would've actually come out positive.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'd say for me the big surprises were that whole thing, the Raiders taking another tight end after just drafting one high a year ago, and Legette/Pearsall sneaking into the first round. Especially Pearsall, I liked him a lot but never thought first round was in the cards. Very 49ers pick though, they always do that.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Play posted:

I'd say for me the big surprises were that whole thing, the Raiders taking another tight end after just drafting one high a year ago, and Legette/Pearsall sneaking into the first round. Especially Pearsall, I liked him a lot but never thought first round was in the cards. Very 49ers pick though, they always do that.

Sounds like both the Raiders and the Broncos had a plan that got hosed so both of their picks are sort of "well poo poo" selections

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Brock Bowers is a good value for the Raiders at 13, playing a very shrug of a guy at QB, that power slot stuff turns dump offs and check downs into first downs, will possibly trick people into thinking Aidan (loving gen z rear end QB name) is something more than a scrappy Irish lad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Really think the Raiders thought they were getting Penix and just went BPA when Fontenot derped his draft away.
https://twitter.com/marcraimondi/status/1783715783643725921?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw