Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

"If Trump loses, Putin loses too. So long as America and Europe keep providing arms, money and political backing to Kyiv, the best outcome he can hope for is a bloody stalemate."

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/4621330-why-putin-needs-trump-to-win/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the only thing KJP took away from Psaki was "be incredibly smug at all times yasssssss"

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

2 out of 6! Not bad!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

there is one thing of his I'll genuinely go to bat for: Sports Night

the flurry of high-energy, snappy dialogue, full of people acting incredibly smart at each other, works very, VERY well in the context of "this is some knockoff ESPN channel being watched by like a hundred people." the intense drama of fighting over very, very low stakes makes for a great underlying sense of comedy to the whole thing, and actually makes the jokes pop!

unfortunately then he got to do what he wanted, in the West Wing, and that basically ruined him

I have a vague memory of the woman producer lead having trouble with her job, standing, keeping her clothes on, etc.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Toph Bei Fong posted:

It is "interesting" (read: horrifying) to see what happens when people whose internal view of themselves is that they are most progressive, the most sympathetic, the biggest champions of the downtrodden and underprivileged butt right into the fact that no, their chosen group is in fact not the most oppressed and underprivileged and are, in fact, supporting a genocide...

My (outside) perspective here is that progressive thought and intersectionalism have always been used, practically, as a tool of control. People on the left are upset that the hypocrisy is turned against them, this time. But like, everyone always knew it was lip service, right?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

the flurry of high-energy, snappy dialogue, full of people acting incredibly smart at each other, works very, VERY well in the context of "this is some knockoff ESPN channel being watched by like a hundred people." the intense drama of fighting over very, very low stakes makes for a great underlying sense of comedy to the whole thing, and actually makes the jokes pop!

unfortunately then he got to do what he wanted, in the West Wing, and that basically ruined him

I watched it because it had Wade from Sliders in it after she got fired from Sliders because the network didn't think she was hot enough. It seemed pretty good at the time!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the biggest problem with SportsNight is that Josh Malina is a really bad actor with negative charisma

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Excelzior posted:

the only thing KJP took away from Psaki was "be incredibly smug at all times yasssssss"

KJP...bombs....

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Kar-ine bombs

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The real psaki lesson is what she did afterward

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

the biggest problem with SportsNight is that Josh Malina is a really bad actor with negative charisma

i remember him popping up in the West Wing and him talking in monotone as the camera stayed fixed on him, and thinking, are they doing this on purpose? Is he supposed to suck?

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
KJP might read verbatim from a binder but she's not going to sarcastically suggest a very expensive thing everyone in the country wants the government to do and force the government's hand into doing it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I actually do kinda like The Social Network just because that’s one where you’re supposed to hate all of the characters

Srice posted:

Also helps that Fincher directed it so it actually looks like a movie.

Yeah it's a great movie, you just have to pretend that it exists in an alternate universe where Zucc is some cool super-smart badass/rear end in a top hat instead of the weirdo he actually is.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Shageletic posted:

i remember him popping up in the West Wing and him talking in monotone as the camera stayed fixed on him, and thinking, are they doing this on purpose? Is he supposed to suck?

by season seven he's the press secretary and mary mccormack falls for him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_oPO8uNRTk

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SixteenShells posted:

KJP might read verbatim from a binder but she's not going to sarcastically suggest a very expensive thing everyone in the country wants the government to do and force the government's hand into doing it

That's exactly what I was thinking. She might not be a good job furthering whatever narrative the administration wants to spin (do they have one?) but doing literally nothing while technically having a WH press office is probably close to what I imagine they'd want.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_oPO8uNRTk

lmao

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Srice posted:

Also helps that Fincher directed it so it actually looks like a movie.

yeah i haven't seen anything Sorkin directed himself but i have to imagine it's abysmal, a writer that smug and self-obsessed should not direct his own material

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joementum posted:

press secretary AND director of communications/head speechwriter!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Yeah it's a great movie, you just have to pretend that it exists in an alternate universe where Zucc is some cool super-smart badass/rear end in a top hat instead of the weirdo he actually is.

i don't think he really comes off like a super smart badass in the film tbh. he definitely comes off like an rear end in a top hat but it's important to remember the "really loving weird zuck" we know now was all post-social network PR, i think him being more of an rear end in a top hat as a teenager and 20 year old without a team actively managing his public image makes sense.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Joementum posted:

well, there's a genocide happening so at least that will be the worst thing i'll see today

the void that is our universe:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1783838550959759518

Lmao this is going to be so loving bleak

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
which is also funny, that millions of dollar of PR and image management got them to where he is now

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/BenWessel/status/1783881612813332680

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

VoicesCanBe posted:

Lmao this is going to be so loving bleak

thinkin about teh ominous trent reznor music as the mob walks toward the capitol

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

ben weasel is right. biden has the retard demo locked down. he knows what hes doing.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i know, i know, new york post, but this article is really funny

https://x.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1783860713426977220

lol

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm glycine-pilled

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm glycine-pilled

food grade or industrial grade?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
“do you know where you are?”

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Who needs a Press Secretary when any questions on Israel can be answered easily and efficiently with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qT1efW8BT4

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i don't think this account is part of the campaign

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

You're in a desert, walking along when you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you. You reach down and flip it over on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not with out your help. But you're not helping.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

mawarannahr posted:

i don't think this account is part of the campaign

yeah, their campaign is actually bad

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
you know for a sec I was really happy for the glycine community

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

true, being unintentionally funny technically counts as a comedy

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

luv2shit posted:

thinkin about teh ominous trent reznor music as the mob walks toward the capitol

If approached from the right angle, a movie about Jan 6th could be one of the funniest things ever filmed. But Sorkin is not going to approach it from that angle, it's going to be an "affirmation of our democratic values" or whatever such drivel

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Jenuary Psixth

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

yeah i haven't seen anything Sorkin directed himself but i have to imagine it's abysmal, a writer that smug and self-obsessed should not direct his own material

Yeah. As a director he only really had one neat trick (the way he moves the camera as everyone walks and talks down a hallway) but it very quickly became overused to the point of self parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Have fun casting it!

Jake Gyllenhall - That guy who tased his balls to death

shaman weirdo...i don't know, is Triple H still around