Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Biden/Harris: What the gently caress is wrong with Republicans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I can't believe of all the terrible things she's done as governor, all of the things she's done to subvert the will of the people in South Dakota, and how generally lovely she is overall and this is the thing that's going to torpedo her.

Good

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Deus Ex Macklemore posted:

I can't believe of all the terrible things she's done as governor, all of the things she's done to subvert the will of the people in South Dakota, and how generally lovely she is overall and this is the thing that's going to torpedo her.

Good

shits weird. animals and individuals are very easy to make into symbols and to show someones character.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

kazil posted:

I'm seeing more of this Noem shooting animals story going around and it's going to kill her chances at VP

Lmao that she’s such a broken husk of a human being that she thought bragging about murdering a rambunctious puppy was “making a hard choice” instead of what it actually is, “being a complete loving monster devoid of any good traits or capability of forward thinking.”

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
"ALL LIFE IS SACRED. WE MUST DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE T--sorry excuse me, I need to shoot a puppy."

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Pressler: Horny Amish Milfs in your area!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

If I were a closeted Amish dude and had to choose between loving Scott Presler or a lifetime of grinding my hog I think it'd be an incredibly easy choice to make.

I'd suggest a fabgoon should jump on the grenade and do the needful but tbh I think that qualifies as endorsing self-harm.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Anyone: "How are you keeping up with the proceedings"
Me: "Some kick rear end goon named kazil has been updating the thread frequently"
Anyone: ".....what?"

Thank you kazil

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

HappyHippo posted:

He's already had to pay $5 million to Carroll and then another $83 million (plus fees) to put up a bond that he'll lose and then another $175 million bond (plus fees) that he won't get back for the fraud case also a court appointed business monitor has been installed in Trump Org who oversees the business until that's all resolved, plus all the money he's been paying to lawyers. These are consequences.

Eh not really. His faithful and the billionaires backing him have more or less resolved themselves to paying off all his legal bills. Fines that get paid for by others aren't really punishments in any practical sense. The legal system really doesn't have a good way to make the super rich and connected suffer, in terms of monetary only punishments, for their crimes.

The court appointed monitor will limit any more fraud he does in NY but probably won't result in any more significant punishment for him due to the aforementioned suckers paying his bills.

Our best hope at this point for any real consequences for Trump still remains the various criminal cases. But even that is not looking nearly as good of a chance of happening as I once thought. Not doomposting just being realistic at this point.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Hazo posted:

Elon posting more nonsensical nazi white birth rate poo poo, nothing new or funny about that.

However, Pressler’s response is hysterical

having blue eyes doesn't matter unless you're blond

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Man, that Kristi Noem story is extremely disturbing. She 100% got a rush from murdering that puppy and immediately wanted to recreate that high by killing another pet animal. Truly psychopathic behavior

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

ImpAtom posted:

But at the end of the day he is facing consequences, but none of them are actually going to stop him from running for President because our system isn't designed around the idea of an insanely corrupt madman with near-total support from one of the major parties and a significant number of voters running.

HappyHippo posted:

Those are consequences.

You're both right, but they certainly don't seem like consequences that actually matter, to him, or to anyone else. They're annoyances at best and he can still skirt along to potentially being president again, and that's a terrifying lol lmao cool country good job.

Then again, he's so far been allowed to ignore/violate gag orders, with little to no concern from the judge. I suppose next Thurs we'll see if the mattering ever happens.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Redirect seems to be effective

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Windows 98 posted:

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, have you considered that the prosecution may have a point?" is a bold defense strategy

the trial I was on the jury for went so bad for the defense that the attorney actually objected on the grounds of "come on, this is all getting a bit cumulative isn't it". our deliberation only took as long as it did because we were waiting on sandwiches to arrive lol

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Propaganda Hour posted:

Man, that Kristi Noem story is extremely disturbing. She 100% got a rush from murdering that puppy and immediately wanted to recreate that high by killing another pet animal. Truly psychopathic behavior

Everyone should honestly just project this image onto every single Republican in Office currently because until there’s some major pushback on having people like this amongst their ranks, they are ALL, without exception just like her.

It’ll be so much easier to eject them from everywhere this November if people could only see them in this light.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ianskate posted:

You're both right, but they certainly don't seem like consequences that actually matter, to him, or to anyone else. They're annoyances at best and he can still skirt along to potentially being president again, and that's a terrifying lol lmao cool country good job.

Then again, he's so far been allowed to ignore/violate gag orders, with little to no concern from the judge. I suppose next Thurs we'll see if the mattering ever happens.
I mean everyone insists every consequence he receives doesn’t actually count as one. He could lose the election and go to prison and die on the toilet and people would still heroically proclaim he got away with it

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
..."selling" and "purchasing" do not mean the same thing...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He would, by repenting to Jesus on his deathbed.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nessus posted:

I mean everyone insists every consequence he receives doesn’t actually count as one. He could lose the election and go to prison and die on the toilet and people would still heroically proclaim he got away with it

some people will not be happy unless he's being waterboarded in Time Square and anyone can go there and pour water .

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I just want him to go away

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

pixaal posted:

some people will not be happy unless he's being waterboarded in Time Square and anyone can go there and pour water .

TBH this would be an amazing fundraiser. For an extra $100 you could replace the water with piss.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Data Graham posted:

I just want him to go away

Trumpism won't ever go away in your life time. When he dies, his lovely children will pick up the mantle. Other politicians will use his behavioral style (such as MTG) to govern. It's with us forever now. You'll be hearing the name "Trump" on your death bed as Fox News Presented By Mountain Dew streams on the nursing home TVs

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

InsertPotPun posted:

..."selling" and "purchasing" do not mean the same thing...

You are correct. He posted a tweet later saying he was mixed up and the argument was "buying" vs "purchasing"

currently on redirect with Pecker

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

Eh not really. His faithful and the billionaires backing him have more or less resolved themselves to paying off all his legal bills. Fines that get paid for by others aren't really punishments in any practical sense. The legal system really doesn't have a good way to make the super rich and connected suffer, in terms of monetary only punishments, for their crimes.

The court appointed monitor will limit any more fraud he does in NY but probably won't result in any more significant punishment for him due to the aforementioned suckers paying his bills.

Our best hope at this point for any real consequences for Trump still remains the various criminal cases. But even that is not looking nearly as good of a chance of happening as I once thought. Not doomposting just being realistic at this point.

Who's paying his fines?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Hurry up with the drat gag order ruling or did I miss it?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Windows 98 posted:

Trumpism won't ever go away in your life time. When he dies, his lovely children will pick up the mantle. Other politicians will use his behavioral style (such as MTG) to govern. It's with us forever now. You'll be hearing the name "Trump" on your death bed as Fox News Presented By Mountain Dew streams on the nursing home TVs

People *still* talk about Reagan and Trickle Down and poo poo

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Hollismason posted:

Hurry up with the drat gag order ruling or did I miss it?

Next Thursday now since twumpy had a conflict on Wednesday

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

HappyHippo posted:

Who's paying his fines?

The hogs buying $djt

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Donald must have been a saint in a previous life with impeccable karma because how does an rear end in a top hat with almost 100 charges still have a chance of making billions from a failed social media app with hardly any users? DJT is up to 42 today and it’s baffling. WHY are people supporting him!? You could pick from thousands and thousands of more established brands that have a real benefit to society AND a plan with actual profits but we’re in the worst timeline where he gets a million chances, a Supreme Court bench that even entertains the idea of him being immune (I know this will likely not pass but the fact they’re even debating this is infuriating), and a potential payout of billions for FAILING.

Like goddamn.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Brain Curry posted:

That's the new violating, the previous one still hasn't had a ruling.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Brain Curry posted:

Thursday is the hearing on the 4 additional violations. In theory, Merchan can rule on the first 10 any time

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

pixaal posted:

People *still* talk about Reagan and Trickle Down and poo poo

reagan love and alot of trickle down poo poo will probably die with the boomers and older gen x. trump stuff will get replaced with more chuds with worse personalities

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
lol every time you cant keep all this court poo poo straight

lol

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I feel like this is going to be some weird rear end Frankenstein of an opinion, with three justices joining the main opinion fully, two concurring in the judgment except to parts II-A and III-C, three separate opinions concurring in the judgment, five justices joining the concurrences the concurrences except to parts IV-B and Alito dissenting

A ruling more convoluted than D&D3.5 Grappling Rules.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
as distrubing as the Noem story is what makes her look like a real psycho is the way she joyously recounts the story. like she's reading the room going c'mon folks we've all had puppy problems right

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

pixaal posted:

Nessus posted:

I'd be fine with prison but he won't be getting that even if convicted in criminal court and he'll never have to worry about anything even remotely similar to torture either. The most they'll likely do is keep him in his Mar A Lago estate.

And he hasn't been been convicted in criminal court yet.

So far all he has faced are fines that are very obviously getting paid for by others as we speak at least in part and probably in whole over time before the general election.

If he doesn't have to spend any of his own money on them then how is that punishment in any real sense?

HappyHippo posted:

Who's paying his fines?

RNC, billionaires, and donatations from his faithful.

The money is either being funneled through PAC's or just given directly to him. But its farcical to play the just asking questions schtick at this point regarding him getting his legal bills, of which fines are a part, paid for.

PC LOAD LETTER fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 26, 2024

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Agents are GO! posted:

A ruling more convoluted than D&D3.5 Grappling Rules.

I had a friend that would abuse the hell out of those. He ended up going all Qanon on me.

Lammasu fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 26, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Lunch time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

JAMOOOL posted:

as distrubing as the Noem story is what makes her look like a real psycho is the way she joyously recounts the story. like she's reading the room going c'mon folks we've all had puppy problems right

She described the goat as smelly. My roommate had goats and I can attest that a good smelling goat does not exist.